Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Journals

Journals Member logs about training, diet, nutrition, supplements, losing weight, building muscle, etc.. Start your own journal and share your experiences with other members!

Old 09-30-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
warrenpeace
Lightweight Member

Canadian Bacon Blast #2

Hey guys, I just started my second blast two weeks ago and felt like logging it here for all to see/critique. I started lifting in my junior year of HS in an attempt to cut out the fat I had accumulated after breaking my leg in hockey (No excuse, I felt depressed and COMPLETELY let myself go over the following summer).

Anyway, I ended up losing a lot of weight (muscle included) with excessive cardio there after. I was doing as much as five miles 5x a week and mixing in HIIT sessions on the bike here and there. That went on for a period of 8-10 months before I realized how little muscle I had left. And at this point I felt like I needed a change. So over the next three years I basically lifted 5x a week with the same routine and managed to build a decent base, but I'm looking for more quite frankly. I'm 6'2 190 right now, and believe my bodyfat to be in the 15% range, although it's never been tested. I look lean compared to the general populus anyway

Before I bore you all completely, I'll get to the just of it. I'm entering my second DC blast (been lurking on this site since April learning the program's principles and I believe I have it down pretty well).

Today was a legs day...

BB Drag Curls
LT: 13 x 95
TT: 17 x 95 (definitely need to up the weight next time, but the 'drag' motion of this exercise has made it much harder)

Seated Hammer Curls
LT: 14 x 40s
TT: 18 x 40s

Sumo Leg Press (This machine is parallel to the ground, no elevated LP here )
LT: 6 x 265
TT: 6 x 280

Standing Calf
LT: 10 x 270
TT: 13 x 270

Leg Press Quads (same machine)
TT: 265 x 7, 220 x 24

Diet:

8:00: One scoop WPI, 3/4 cup raw oats, 5 egg whites, grapefruit

11:00 (PWO): Two scoops WPI, 1/2 cup oats, 50g maltodextrin (fruit here, yay or nay?)

1:00: 1 cup FF cottage cheese, 7 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats

4:00: 2 skinless chicken breasts, 2 tbsp EVOO, 2 fish oil capsules

7:00: 2 cups cooked lean ground beef (around 60g pro I BELIEVE), 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 tsp natural pb, 2 fish oil capsules

9:30: 2 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup salsa, cajun seasoning, 1/2 cup romaine lettuce.

12:00: 2 scoops pre-bed TP formula

I'm carb cycling my diet, so non-training days involve minimal carbs for breakfast only. On Mondays I up my carbs to 60g per the first four meals (and drop protein to approx 30g/per) as a carb-up day after a depleted weekend. These mostly come from complex carb sources still. I normally work in a lot of broccoli/spinach during my last three or so meals, but I had work immediately after class last night and wasn't able to re-stock at the grocery store. That E. Coli spinach scare has cut into my consumption of that fine veggie as well...

Supplements:
The above mentioned protein and fish oil capsules, along with Green Source multi from VitaminWorld, recently-added bromelain, and plenty of green tea.

Anything else?

Last edited by warrenpeace; 09-30-2006 at 01:39 AM.
warrenpeace is offline   Reply With Quote