X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jared Ragsdale
    TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by v1hyp
    Who said anything about coming in soft? Really? Having a few years under your belt fade in both experience and age, I would have though you would have understood what I was getting at. I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to comment as you did "Not sure I've ever heard of this "too lean" you're speaking of" . But I'm quite sure you fully understood what I was trying to say. I'm not sure if this was your attempt at humor or your an attempt to try to impress your fellow cronies on this site? Either way I'm still a little dumbfounded. I tell you what Fade, if I post something in the future that you have a hard time understanding or don't quite get, then just ask without all the BS and I'll be happy to try and explain myself. Or you could shoot me a line (that means pm or e-mail me in case you've never heard that before either) and i'll do my best to explain. How's that sound??

V1

Honestly I can't say I saw this sort of response coming from the post that I put. Sure it was a sarcastic "joke" of a post that poked fun at you a little bit, but this is the internet and that's just part of this world.

I truly did not know what you mean by "too lean" because maybe the adjective you used was not the same thing I would use. Dieting too much and losing muscle mass may be what you're referring to. Slowing it down and not going at it as aggressively might be what you meant - but I don't necessarily call losing muscle "too lean." I call it bad dieting.

I apologize if my previous message was taken in a way that was beyond my normal dickish behavior (which I never thought was "too far" until now).
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
      Intense Muscle Competitor
      • Nov 2006

Sitting about 8 weeks out from the competition and I am very happy with where I am at.

I want to say trucelt hit the nail on head with his comment, "You will learn more in the next few months preparing for a competition than you thought possible." I've learned alot about how my body responds to changes, and how important consistent diet can be(I used to allow myself a little slack)..

After this I am planning on a few years off to grow..and grow muscle, not fat.
      2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
        • Nov 2006

5 weeks out. 163.25
        Attached Files

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
          • Nov 2006

2 Weeks out

First photo session in posing trunks. I'm so ready to kill this.
          Attached Files

Comment

• martin_h
            Middleweight Member
            • Oct 2012

you look great!
            How do you feel when you compare the before and after pics now?

you looks a lot bigger now IMO. illusions illusions

Comment

• liftweights
              Lightweight Member
              • May 2011

Good work, great improvement, good luck!
              :preach:

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
                • Nov 2006

I feel two ways when I look at the before/afters:

1. Very happy with what I've cut down to
                2. Very unhappy that I let myself get so overblown on fat

I plan on keeping the next offseason pretty clean & doing my damndest to get good quality muscle on. It's slightly disheartening to see that I had to cut down this far.

I just cant wait to see that "IntenseMuscle Competitor" line under my name !! How do I get that exactly?

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
                  • Nov 2006

Part of me is slightly conflicted on where to go after this. I REALLY thought I would have accumulated more muscle in 9 years of good lifting. I know I am obviously never going t be be HUGE but I would LOVE to be a solid 200lbs..I've been up to 240lb at one point in time during a "hardcore bulk"...super fat lol.

Comment

• WoodShred
                    Intense Muscle Competitor/ISOM Winner May 2012
                    • Mar 2012

Shredded

Originally posted by PhoebeusFenix
                    First photo session in posing trunks. I'm so ready to kill this.

Good to see you last week man, you're going to kill it. Got that sunken in face going on... Time to get it!
                    2012 Muscle Mayhem Novice Middleweight - 1st
                    2012 Muscle Mayhem Open Middleweight - 1st

2013 Dallas Europa Open Light Heavyweight - 8th

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
                      • Nov 2006

3 coats of pro-tan on. Competitor meeting in 2 hours. 4th coat tonight. Feeling ready!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• martin_h
                        Middleweight Member
                        • Oct 2012

All the best feom the UK. Go and enjoy yourself

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
                          • Nov 2006

I had a absolute blast! There were not many bodybuilding competitors unfortunately..so that was slightly disappointing.

I feel that nothing could've gone better for my first show. My prep team was awesome & even through my super-overanalytical questions, didn't tell me to shove off.

Now, it's time to grow. I'm thinking 2 years of quality growth would net me a good chunk of additional muscle. I've just GOT to keep the diet clean.
                          Last edited by PhoebeusFenix; 10-20-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• PhoebeusFenix
                            • Nov 2006

Quick video of the competition:

Comment

• Joe P.
                              • Apr 2011

Well done and congratulations!

~ Joe
                              Joe

Contest History:
                              2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
                              2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
                              2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
                              2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
                              2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
                              2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Working...