Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Old 12-16-2017, 05:22 AM   #1
Beebop

baseline vs average weight

Hi Ken,
I've been skiploading for 3 weeks, dropping a kilo or 0.5 kilos pw so all good so far!

this week I barely baselined (0.1 kilos under) but my net loss is half a kilo. I weigh myself ed and take an average weekly reading so I'm still on track. I usually baseline after 5 days.

this morning (loading day) I'm over baseline weight despite diet and training being consistent (first time this has happened). the last 3 weeks I've weighed in lighter that this on load day so im concerned this week might not see a loss on average since weight will shoot up tomorrow from the load.

should I drop week day cable slightly?

excited to see your new protocol by the way, I'm going to be starting try soon aged 46 after being natty all my life so I'm looking forward to a few years b and c before I get too old!

thanks for your advice, always appreciate your feedback!
Beebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Pretty good progress for your first 3 weeks.

I don't recommend doing an average of your scale weight during the week, though. I prefer to use the lowest weight of the week, instead. The lowest weight doesn't have to be the morning of your Skipload, either. Sometimes it can happen on a Thursday or Friday - it doesn't really matter what day it is. The only time you shouldn't count the lowest day is if you drop weight simply because you didn't drink much water the day before or you did something out of the ordinary to sweat your ass off the day before like being out in the sun for 6 hours at your kid's baseball tournament and didn't drink much water. It just makes the process so much more black and white this way.

If you find that you aren't baselining, first look at the skipload and shorten it. If you still do not baseline THEN look at the daily diet. If you were baselining but not dropping under baseline, that is more likely due to the diet, itself. As long as you baseline at some point in the week, you can almost rule out the skipload as the issue. It is when you don't baseline that the skipload should be looked at first.

You will love the TRT, trust me.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
Beebop

Fantastic advice as always, thanks man!

Very much looking forward to trt!

Also very enjoying low frequency/high volume training as you recommended. I'm doing push/legs/pull across 4 days pw with fixed rep ranges on those days.

so day after the load will be a heavy day (6-8/8-10 reps) and the day before will be pump work 15-25 reps and the other two days in the 10-15 range. recovery is great and im making weekly strength gains. most importantly though, I'm loving my training again!
Old 12-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
Ken "Skip" Hill

Glad you like it!

Keep me posted!

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 PM   #5
xorencryption
Intense Muscle Competitor

Skip , in TRT DVD , you touched upon metformin, can you elaborate on what protocols you recommend with metformin . maybe breaking it down for someone that is lean 10% and under and someone that is not lean . how should they use it to help them get lean or stay lean.

thanks

Also your DVD introduced me to Boswellia , i have achy knees and lower back issues mostly but only after leg days, have tried pretty much every thing over the counter , glocusamin , msm , gelatin pills, Saint John worth,etc. none had any significant benefit , despite long term use and over dosing it. I placed and order online for a couple of bottles of this thing mixed with curcumin and pepper for better absorption , i'll keep you posted on my results.

cheers
Ali
xorencryption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:15 AM   #6
Ken "Skip" Hill

Yes, let me know how it works for your knees. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Not knowing your particular situation as far as your diet, I would recommend going with 500mg per carb meal to start and tweaking it from there.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #7
Beebop

Back to the grind after my Chrismas diet break!

What are your thoughts on calorie/carb cycling outside the skiploading day Skip?

I'm inclined to keep carbs higher on training days and just stick to veggies, protein and higher fats on rest days.

I feel my training suffers too much if I go too low on carbs during training days...

Last edited by Beebop; 01-26-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:25 PM   #8
Ken "Skip" Hill

When I set up diets for my clients I tend to have higher carbs on training days vs. non-training days so I support this.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #9
Beebop

Thanks! yeah makes sense. Out of interest, how many carbs would you recommend on each day? Training day carbs pre/intra and post workout? I don't want to interfere with the skipload!

I'm also thinking of hiring an online coach soon to help guide me into the world of trt bodybuilding... how can I find out your prices bud? Thanks for the fast reply, really appreciate it!

Last edited by Beebop; 01-26-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:43 AM   #10
Ken "Skip" Hill

Sorry, just now saw this message.

It is too hard to say how many carbs because I just don't know enough about your specific situation, eg: metabolism, body composition, goals, etc., etc..

I would be happy to discuss working with you. If you can email me at: [email protected] I can send you my word doc with all of my information for you to review, including my fees.

Skip

For Training Inquiries: