Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > TEAM SKIP > Skip's World > Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals

Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals All journals related to Skip's own training for off season, contest prep and just daily journaling over the last 10 years.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:23 AM   #76
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

I have finally adjusted and actually am enjoying training very late at night now that I can schedule my training whenever I want to.
I typically train right now around 2am to about 4 or 4:30 which includes stretching every workout and finishing with cardio.

It was just a huge issue and I finally just got to the point that there are too many cool things about my wife so I don't want to get stuck on this one thing and have it be an issue.

Now, after the show she better get her fat ass back in the gym.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37TJG View Post
Just read your article about your wife and training together....

I've been dating a new girl since moving to Melbourne a few months ago from Sydney... and she trains.... we get along like a house on fire .... all is great....

We did try training together a few times but there was always tension because we both have totally different belief systems and things..

She is big into the functional type stuff and I personally think that is bullshit.... and I prefer to keep training basic and meathead ish.....

So we decided to just keep training separate and all is good in the world

I would have loved to have trained together moving forward but it's just not going to work out that way without each other arguing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #77
Ken "Skip" Hill

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...-day-skipload/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #78
robertscott

this is probably a stupid question (aren't they always?), but why would you be concerned about losing weight too quickly? Is it a muscle loss thing?
robertscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #79
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertscott View Post
this is probably a stupid question (aren't they always?), but why would you be concerned about losing weight too quickly? Is it a muscle loss thing?
Yes. It is difficult to lose that much body fat with that kind of weight loss and maintain muscle. Also, it means that I am depleting too quickly and this is likely negatively impacting my workouts, as well.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #80
Ken "Skip" Hill

Saturday, April 14th, 2018

Weight is 206.2 so just about the same as last week, though I did have a low day at 205.8 but that was arguably a false weight due to low water intake.

I loaded for 2 days last weekend so it is taking me longer to deplete this week which is actually great because I am now into my second training rotation and still getting pretty good numbers and good workouts when usually I am having to cut weights down a bit and fighting for a pump. I am also visibly leaner so it is likely possible that I was overly depleted and ended up benefiting from the 2-day load.

I am going to push for 3 training rotations before loading again simply because I feel the longer load will allow for this and I should get below 205 by the time I load. Hell, I might be 205 in 2 days but unless I just bottom out badly in the next couple of days, I am going to push the load another week after the 3rd training rotation.

I am also added tren hex and dropping NPP this weekend. I anticipate this could affect my weight but how much I am unsure because it is simply replacing a compound instead of actually adding one on top of everything else.

I was schedule to drop the anadrol this weekend, as well, and add in winstrol and anavar but I am going to push another week on the anadrol and then add the var and winstrol. I would prefer to stagger adding these compounds instead of doing it all the same week. I do not expect much of an increase in weight from the switch in orals but I do admit that there could be an increase because my anadrol dosing is only 50mg per day and my var and winstrol dosing will be 70mg and 70mg per day. You might think that the weight will obviously go up from this change but anadrol makes most people hold more water than winstrol and var so I don't anticipate much of a change. We will see if I am correct or not very soon.

My cardio has been consistent at 30 minute sessions 6 days this week and that is 1-2 more than usual. I am doing this because I plan to go to double cardio sessions starting in a week because I will be coming off clen. The plan is to do double cardio for the 2 weeks I am off clen and then drop back to single sessions again when the clen starts up again. Whether that will remain the schedule/plan is to be seen and will obviously be influenced by my progress over the next week.

My back is feeling awesome (knock on wood) as I have been stretching religiously before every single workout. No aches, pains for pings at this point which is odd but I won't complain. I was going to schedule a deload week but I don't feel I need it yet. Usually, my shoulders are a prime indicator of whether I need to back off and they feel great.

I am still on track to hit 205 by the time this clen cycle is done next week as I am closing in on it now. I would actually like to be below it, if possible, as I anticipate a small rebound after stopping the clen.

I would love to report something awesome but things are just rolling along and everything is quite uneventful - just the way I like it. How long that will happen I have no clue but for now, I am enjoying it. I did notice my feet are getting a little "heavier" in that I don't want to walk around as much, feeling my energy is a little lower but performance in the gym and great other than feeling my glutes are a bit beaten up from the cardio. Nothing major, but I am feeling them for the first 5-10 minutes of cardio.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I am looking forward to another great week!

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #81
robertscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Yes. It is difficult to lose that much body fat with that kind of weight loss and maintain muscle. Also, it means that I am depleting too quickly and this is likely negatively impacting my workouts, as well.

Skip
Thanks for the reply. Got to love the psychological effects of dieting! I'm losing weight too slowly, I'm losing weight too fast, I'm not refeeding frequently enough, I'm refeeding too often, I need a cheat day, I don't deserve a cheat day, etc etc.

Really enjoying reading your prep thread, Skip! Keep it coming!
robertscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:53 AM   #82
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertscott View Post
Thanks for the reply. Got to love the psychological effects of dieting! I'm losing weight too slowly, I'm losing weight too fast, I'm not refeeding frequently enough, I'm refeeding too often, I need a cheat day, I don't deserve a cheat day, etc etc.

Really enjoying reading your prep thread, Skip! Keep it coming!
Thank you. I am glad you are following along.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #83
doug1
Light-heavyweight Member

Great article, "The 7 exercises lost to the 80's". Totally agree, and well written.
doug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #84
Ken "Skip" Hill

Thank you!

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-17-2018, 04:47 AM   #85
Ken "Skip" Hill

Tuesday, April 17th, 2018

Tax day and usually I am pissed off every year but NOT this year! Not only did we just sell the house last month and walked away with about a 10% return (over only 2 years of living there) but the house also afforded us a nice chunk of change back for taxes due to the interest from our mortgage (along with a business loss from another business). It is nice to finally not have to pay in for once. lol

Aside from that, prep continue to go well BUT ... it is getting more like ... well ... prep. I am starting to get the heavy feet, the depleted and weak glutes from a combination of training legs and doing cardio consistently now. I am not terribly hungry but I am not usually all that hungry, anyway. I do feel physically tired, though - not exhausted, but tired.

In my last journal entry I was contemplating whether to push for a 3rd training rotation or load after my 2nd training rotation as I have been doing quite successfully. I did decide to push for a 3rd rotation for no other real reason than I want to see if it sucks balls, if I continue to get more depleted or if I kind of level off and stay at this current level of depletion. When I ran the DNP I didn't load for 3 weeks and found that at that time I got to a level of depletion that didn't seem to continue past a certain point. I am hoping the same happens this time because if it does, the workouts - though not 100% - will still be productive. If I get more depleted, they will just plain suck. This 2nd rotation was pretty rough and especially legs today as I had to dig pretty deep to resurrect the intensity Gods. It is definitely becoming a psychological game in the gym. Most struggle with the psychological game when it comes to hunger and dieting but I struggle more with maintaining a level of intensity in the gym that I want to be at when I train.

Right now, it takes me longer to warm up, longer to get a pump (though when I do, it is still a pretty good pump and blood flow) and I fatigue much faster. Example: I can start a set and feel like I am going to get 10 reps. Through 5-6 reps I still think I am good for 10 reps. Then, all of a sudden - out of nowhere - rep 7 or 8 starts to fucking crawl and is barely moving. I can sometimes still get to 10 but they are SLOOOW rolling reps, for sure. The fatigue gets so bad that if I am doing skullcrushers, for example, it feels like at any point the bar is going to come crashing down on my forehead (though it never does).

My volume remains higher than what is typical. Examples: 20 working sets for back and that could include 2 or 3 drop sets or rest pause sets and I count a drop set or RP set still as 1 set so there are actually more sets in there than 20. Chest is around 16 ish, legs are up around 25 (quads and hams), etc.. I feel strongly that higher volume work that depletes glycogen is more productive to aid body fat burning from the diet and cardio.

I ended up dropping the anadrol this week and changing to winstrol and anavar. I wasn't going to but because this is currently my last week on clen, I wanted to drop the anadrol so that I could drop any water weight from it, by the end of the week when I stop the clen. I feel this will allow for my weight to stay more stable than if I drop clen this coming weekend (and add a little water weight due to stopping it) and the dropping of the anadrol now will drop water weight so my weight should stay a bit more stable this way. I may not even see much, if any, of a change or fluctuation in scale weight this way.

I also added in tren hex today, as well, so tren hex was added and winstrol and anavar twice a day at 35mg each (70mg each for the day). I also dropped NPP when I added the tren hex. I plan to up my t3/t4 to 50mcg/200mcg when I stop the clen this coming weekend, as well.

Right now I plan to do double cardio sessions for the 2 weeks after I drop the clen. However, this has been the plan for a while now and hasn't come to fruition yet simply because progress has been so good without doing more cardio. I anticipate, though I cant be sure, that I am now at a point where I will need the double cardio to progress for the 2 weeks that I am off clen, after this current week. I do not want to make a diet change yet, opting instead for the increased cardio. I am not a fan of dropping calories as long as I possibly can - especially considering my carbs are so very low on this modified keto plan (and it is working well).

I also need to pick up some SCGS compound tomorow so that I finally can use it for the next Skipload starting late Saturday night and all day Sunday. I have not used it yet for this prep but am going to start with this next load. I anticipate dosing to be roughly 10-15 units per meal (every 3-4 hours) during the load until I get to the higher fat meals later in the load. That will likely mean that I will use the SCGS compound for about the first 3 meals of the load only. However, that could change based entirely on how well I feel the load is going and how well I think I am filling out. If I feel I still want to fill out more I will run the SCGS compound for another meal or two and keep the fats a little lower than I usually do in those 4th and 5th meals to take advantage of getting in as many carbs as possible.

I anticipate seeing changes visually by the weekend after dropping the anadrol and switching orals. I am also hoping that my strength increases because anavar works well for me and increases strength. Whether that will happen while depleted and in my 3rd rotation before I load is to be seen but I can almost guarantee that my workouts for the 1st training rotation after the Skipload this weekend will show marked improvement in strength.

Gonna have some fun on Saturday an go to a boat show with my wife and daughter in Sarasota after training legs early Saturday morning. Now that we live in southern Florida, we are considering buying a boat but we have no clue what that entails and we feel the boat show will allow us to window shop and compare what we want to spend vs. what we can get and that we can gain a lot of useful information and knowledge in one place and in one weekend vs. researching for hours on the internet. I anticipate this is going to be a fun day and for 7 hours walking around a convention center checking out boats should allow for a nice push for my metabolism the day before I do my Skipload. I am sure my feet will be heavy but maybe I can get one of those motorized wheelchairs that the fatties ride.

I am below baseline at 204.6 so about a pound under and I anticipate that I will still drop more as the week progresses. It took me an extra 3 days to get under baseline after a 2-day Skipload so in the end, I feel I was correct in that the 2-day load worked quite well. Even if I had stayed with my regular schedule of loading after the 2nd training rotation, I would still have been down a little more than a pound on the week.

Things still continue to go well but I am waiting for it to become more like work and I am getting closer to that stage. In fact, it will probably change quite a bit next week when I finally get into the double cardio sessions.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-18-2018, 05:59 AM   #86
Jasmina

Everything was serious and flowing fine in your post...till I got to the motorized wheelchair and then I almost fell off of my chair lmaoooo

Thats a LOT of sets for legs....do you go super heavy on them?
Jasmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:04 AM   #87
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmina View Post
Everything was serious and flowing fine in your post...till I got to the motorized wheelchair and then I almost fell off of my chair lmaoooo

Thats a LOT of sets for legs....do you go super heavy on them?
I do. Now, MY heavy isn't likely your definition of heavy but for me, it is heavy, yes. Because of fatigue from dieting and cardio, I tend to go heavier for the first 4-day rotation and then the 2nd and possibly the 3rd rotations, I fatigue quickly so the later sets for legs I have to go very low reps - like 6-8 because I will just hit the wall all of a sudden if I try to go higher. All sets are as close to failure as possible. I have to be careful and take an extra day off every now and then to make sure that I don't begin overtraining. It is a fine line - a balancing act.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-18-2018, 06:06 AM   #88
Ken "Skip" Hill

Went to order a Dario blood glucose monitoring kit that was smartphone friendly only to find out AFTER I purchased it, these 5 things:

1. It isn't compatible with my IphoneX (only compatible up to iphone 6 wtf?)
2. I bought it for 69.99 and then found their other website that offered it for 50%. wtf?
3. After purchasing the monitor, I noticed that it doesn't come with test strips, lancet covers, etc.. Those are another 60 bucks, give or take, but more importantly none of this was mentioned on the website with the monitor.
4. I then couldn't log into my account to cancel the order because it wouldn't take my password so I had a new one sent to my email and THAT one wouldn't work, either. Tried it 3 times and it never worked.
5. I call customer service and get a voicemail? wtf? again?

I am canceling the order, obviously.

I instead bought a Fora 6 and had it overnighted to me so I should get it no later than Friday.

I have never monitored my blood sugar levels while Skiploading (and this one measures ketones, as well) so I figured I might as well start now considering I am starting back on the SCGS compound this weekend with my Skipload. I want to be sure that my insulin dosing is covering the massive carb intake and make the most of my Skiploads for this prep.

Should be interesting.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #89
Jasmina

Quote:
I do. Now, MY heavy isn't likely your definition of heavy but for me, it is heavy, yes. Because of fatigue from dieting and cardio, I tend to go heavier for the first 4-day rotation and then the 2nd and possibly the 3rd rotations, I fatigue quickly so the later sets for legs I have to go very low reps - like 6-8 because I will just hit the wall all of a sudden if I try to go higher. All sets are as close to failure as possible. I have to be careful and take an extra day off every now and then to make sure that I don't begin overtraining. It is a fine line - a balancing act.

Skip
Thats kinda how I meant it lol..everyones weight for heavy is relative...my second half of sets are a bit lighter usually. I get out of breath easily....so sometimes I go moderate weight till failure.

Quote:
Went to order a Dario blood glucose monitoring kit that was smartphone friendly only to find out AFTER I purchased it, these 5 things:

1. It isn't compatible with my IphoneX (only compatible up to iphone 6 wtf?)
2. I bought it for 69.99 and then found their other website that offered it for 50%. wtf?
3. After purchasing the monitor, I noticed that it doesn't come with test strips, lancet covers, etc.. Those are another 60 bucks, give or take, but more importantly none of this was mentioned on the website with the monitor.
4. I then couldn't log into my account to cancel the order because it wouldn't take my password so I had a new one sent to my email and THAT one wouldn't work, either. Tried it 3 times and it never worked.
5. I call customer service and get a voicemail? wtf? again?

I am canceling the order, obviously.

I instead bought a Fora 6 and had it overnighted to me so I should get it no later than Friday.

I have never monitored my blood sugar levels while Skiploading (and this one measures ketones, as well) so I figured I might as well start now considering I am starting back on the SCGS compound this weekend with my Skipload. I want to be sure that my insulin dosing is covering the massive carb intake and make the most of my Skiploads for this prep.

Should be interesting.

Skip
Thats how I felt about that "smart" heart/steps/whatever monitor....lol...sorry you had to go throught that shit
Jasmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:38 PM   #90
wakejump4me
The Specialist

Thanks für the thorough updates... Looks like things are rolling well...

type AXW999 in the discountcode box

2008 NPC South Florida Bodybuilding Heavyweight Champion

Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Vince Lombardi
wakejump4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:47 AM   #91
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakejump4me View Post
Thanks für the thorough updates... Looks like things are rolling well...
So far, so good. A lot of work to do, though.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #92
Ken "Skip" Hill

Coach Log entry for 4/20/18:

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...MHhYk.facebook

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #93
doug1
Light-heavyweight Member

GREAT podcast this week Skip, totally agree with everything you said.

Also really glad the marriage is going good too.

The boating.... ugh, are you sure.....? Lol, you know the saying about the happiest day of a boaters life? The day they buy and the day they sell. But she wants to drink on the boat and get a tan. Boating is a lot of work.

Consider some type of boating club. Where you pay the monthly fee and they have it ready in the water, then just pay for gas.

Have fun tomorrow, if I was a boating fan I would go down and meet you guys. But I'm not. lol

My wife's dad is a boater, she grew up doing the whole thing. She has zero desire to own a boat. She's in her mid 40's. Her folks don't even bother asking if we want to go out with them. Lol

Last edited by doug1; 04-20-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #94
Ken "Skip" Hill

We wouldn't do the "trailer the boat" thing, though.
We would have it docked at our house for convenience.

Still not sure what we will do but looking forward to learning more about it.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1 View Post
GREAT podcast this week Skip, totally agree with everything you said.

Also really glad the marriage is going good too.

The boating.... ugh, are you sure.....? Lol, you know the saying about the happiest day of a boaters life? The day they buy and the day they sell. But she wants to drink on the boat and get a tan. Boating is a lot of work.

Consider some type of boating club. Where you pay the monthly fee and they have it ready in the water, then just pay for gas.

Have fun tomorrow, if I was a boating fan I would go down and meet you guys. But I'm not. lol

My wife's dad is a boater, she grew up doing the whole thing. She has zero desire to own a boat. She's in her mid 40's. Her folks don't even bother asking if we want to go out with them. Lol

For Training Inquiries:

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #95
doug1
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
We wouldn't do the "trailer the boat" thing, though.
We would have it docked at our house for convenience.

Still not sure what we will do but looking forward to learning more about it.

Skip
Ah OK! Now your talking!