Destination: Charleston, South Carolina (2009)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken Skip Hill
    Judge, Jury and Executioner
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

Destination: Charleston, South Carolina (2009)

Well.... Most know that I usually don't say much of anything about prepping for a show but .... that one has been done before. I figure, as much as I hate being under the microscope, this show is big enough that everyone will know, anyway. Plus, when I am peeled halfway through my prep it will be obvious that I am doing something so I might as well come right out and say it. This journal will cover my 20 weeks leading to the Jr USAs in Charleston.

I don't think I have been more motivated coming into a prep. 03 would be close but I understand the task at hand and I understand that I could well get my ass handed to me. Oh, I will show up peeled. Hell, I will likely be one of the most shredded guys there - maybe THE most but that doesn't win shows at this level. I do think I can be competitive but .... I won't say anymore of what I think I can or can't do. I will focus on my prep and keep my mouth shut.

I appreciate the support and hope that you find something in the next 20 weeks that you can take away for yourself.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend
  • Ken Skip Hill
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

Monday, January 5th, 2008

I didn't take a bodyweight as I was up late getting things in order for not only my prep but for Sissy's, as well. I had food to cook and things to get in order so that today wouldn't get lost to things not getting done. As you can imagine, I had quite a few preps starting today for clients, as well. I am busy. : )

I did manage to train chest, delts and tris with Dion in the a.m. and started cardio in the p.m. for only 30 minutes Monday through Friday. I will be doing cardio mostly at home after buying a nice elyptical a couple weeks ago. Sissy needed it so that she didn't have to freeze her ass off doing cardio outside in the a.m. in January. God, what a whiny bitch. : ) This should make life a lot easier having this option throughout our preps.

I doubt I will log every rep, exercise, etc. because I think that is boring to read but I will if I get anyone saying that they are interested, I guess.

It felt good to get back in the gym after taking the last week off to just be normal. I do this before every prep and I eat whatever I want, if I want and I usually drink some beer, too. It was fun but.... I just felt like shit before getting back in the gym.

I am coming back with no injuries (knock on wood). My back is the strongest and feels the best it has felt in years thanks to my Chiro and myo sessions. My shoulders feel good and my knees feel good so I hope to continue to train smart and get through this prep without any major injuries. I will be stretching for the first time and I think that will help, as well. My approach to training will be straight sets for the most part to failure and moderate volume. Example: 6-8 working sets of chest, 6-8 working sets of quads, etc.. My reps will be how I feel that day. I like higher reps as most of you know that have followed my offseason journal but I have started to drop the reps, as well, and will use that approach right along with the higher rep work.

Even though I didn't weigh myself, yet, I should be about 225 by the end of the week. From there I plan to get down quickly to about 215 at around the 15 week mark. I am going to try to employ more cardio first in the prep and leave my calories up as long as I can dropping them later and letting more of the cardio do the work to start. I also will say that I am lower carb than I was last year but I am not keto. I will still be using SkipLoading, obviously, as it works so incredibly well for me. Refeeds will start at a moderate load and then progress as I get deeper into the prep.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
      Admin
      • Feb 2004

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009
      No bodyweight taken again.

I just can't seem to remember so getting back in the groove of weighing myself is going to take a little getting used to.

Sore as as all hell and on top of that, Caroline is going to beat me up for my myo session, today. lol

No training. Only cardio in the p.m. for 30 minutes.

I am training Monday, Wednesday and Fridays in the a.m.. This will only change if something comes up on a certain day that is unforseen. This doesn't happen often, though.

Skip

Comment

• zeneise
        • Aug 2006

Keep Pushing Bro!!!

Comment

• DCBliever
          Intense Muscle Competitor
          • Feb 2006

Skip,
          I am interested in any aspect you are willing to share. Looking forward to watching you, and hope you do very well. Good luck!

Robb
          For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

• USMCGNPer
            Middleweight Member
            • Jan 2008

i'll have to go root you on, take my 16yr old brother( at 6' 230), maybe give him some motivation
            http://www.intensemuscle.com/33776-c...oning-log.html

Comment

• Deon
              Light-heavyweight Member
              • Aug 2007

Very glad to here things are going well with your low back bud. I wish you all the best at the show.

Comment

• thephreak989
                Middleweight Member
                • May 2008

Go, SKip GO!!

In response to those who say to stop dreaming and face reality, I say keep dreaming and make reality.

∼Kristian Kan, Rich By 25

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

∼Ann Landers
                Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                  Admin
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Deon
                  Very glad to here things are going well with your low back bud. I wish you all the best at the show.
                  I can't thank you enough for the information and the help on your end. It really has been a God send. I almost feel stupid for going so long now knowing that my back could likely have felt so much better years ago.

Skip

Comment

• Heckman
                    • Feb 2004

Skip, as a friend I feel compelled to help you. Just let me know and I will damn sure squeeze you in and open a slot to help you with your prep...

Seriously though...it will be cool to follow along on your journey here...Thanks for sharing it!
                    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

• btech
                      Light-heavyweight Member
                      • Mar 2006

Skip, what is the date of the show? I'll be back in SC in July, hope to see the Jr USAs.

Comment

• Myth
                        Heavyweight Member
                        • Jul 2007

Skip, you know I got your back! I'm with you all the way, bro!
                        Use discount code SNS110 to get 5-10% off your next True Nutrition order! www.truenutrition.com

Myth's Blog:http://projectmythology.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Deon
                          Light-heavyweight Member
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill
                          I can't thank you enough for the information and the help on your end. It really has been a God send. I almost feel stupid for going so long now knowing that my back could likely have felt so much better years ago.

Skip
                          It's my pleasure ! I am so happy it's working out well for you.

Comment

• nextteen
                            Lightweight Member
                            • Jun 2005

I live in Charleston, and will definitely show up to see this one.
                            SNB120 = my discount code. I'm at $150 (halfway home) so please help a brother out.

Comment

• trucelt
                              IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor
                              • Feb 2006

skip-

awesome news about your next competitive outing....While i dont need to read every rep and set, i think with your nutritional expertise i think people forget/dont realize how much TRAINING knowledge you have so id love to hear at least some of your training concepts as well as your rationale for why you do what you do in the gym
                              '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                              17 AAU Super Total
                              '16-AAU Hi
                              '15-USPA Metro
                              '15-USPA State
                              '15-AAU HI
                              '14-AAU HI
                              '14-USPA Metro
                              '14-WABDL Sonny's
                              '14-USPA State
                              '14-HI Strongman
                              '13-USPA