Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > TEAM SKIP > Skip's World > Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals

Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals All journals related to Skip's own training for off season, contest prep and just daily journaling over the last 10 years.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Skip and Mrs. Skip's 2017 Contest Prep Journal

This journal will follow myself and Mrs. Skip for the next 6 months as we prep for the same shows likely in June and July but we have no concrete dates or shows as of this time. We will lock those down as we progress deeper into the prep.

The theory here is to prep on only TRT dosing. This is going to be a bitch but I believe it can be done. HOWEVER, I am admitting publicly that if I feel I am not able to do this only TRT I will switch gears and increase dosing enough to benefit me, my condition and my overall appearance. Basically what I mean is I will not ever show up on stage looking terrible so instead of pulling the plug and not competing if I am not able to get into the condition I want to get into, I will up the dosage and add a compound to help the process but keep dosing minimal. Any changes I make in this regard will be public as I will be transparent. Please understand that even though I have a back up plan, my goal for this prep is to do it ONLY TRT or I would not even start this journey. I could just as easily get ripped and ride my fucking motorcycle and get a tan instead of committing to another prep. I have every intention of proving it can be done on TRT.

Please follow along as I detail not only my prep but Melissa's, as well, here in this journal. I will detail nutrition, training, cardio, supplements, etc.. There will also be an ongoing "LIVE" section of the new TRTbodybuilding DVD that will have video covering our preps, as well. The DVD is still being finished and should be LIVE sometime in February. It is actually the change of plan to competing that is delaying it because I need another section on the DVD now to accommodate the LIVE updates from our preps.

I can start this journal off by saying that prep was supposed to start today but we are both sick. lol Go figure. I am finishing up being sick but Melissa is just now dealing with it. She appears to not be as bad as I was this weekend and hopefully she doesn't get worse and we can start tomorrow (Tuesday).

Hey, it happens, I guess. I don't want to start without her and we simply lose a day. No big deal.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
v1hyp
Intense Muscle Competitor

Following the journey... Good Luck Mr & Mrs.....!!

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
2002 NPC Western Carolina:
2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..
v1hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #3
Jen
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 715 total in 125 weight class

I'm stoked for this!
"This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
Heckman

Awesome! Looking forward to following along on both of your preps! I think Kiki may even jump in here as well.

Heckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #5
phoenix13
Moderator of Female Forum

Awesome! I think for people who have used (or used higher than TRT doses in the case of men) for most of their preps, it can be a surprise how far you can get without it. I'm not saying it's the same by any stretch, but the years of work in the gym and the kitchen pay off.
2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

TRUENUTRITION is the company I trust. Use Code DOM649 at
for a discount.
phoenix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #6
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
Awesome! I think for people who have used (or used higher than TRT doses in the case of men) for most of their preps, it can be a surprise how far you can get without it. I'm not saying it's the same by any stretch, but the years of work in the gym and the kitchen pay off.
Agreed. Even I was surprised how much I could hold in the off season once my calories were high enough.

Now, I am just not sure about getting ripped and into insane condition without the added benefits of things like clen and even higher dose aas. It is hard enough when I was younger but I am a LITTLE anxious about it now that I am 47. Holding that size with enough calories is one thing but holding that size while dieting your ass off and doing a lot of cardio might be another game. We shall see.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-04-2017, 03:57 AM   #7
Ken "Skip" Hill

Tuesday
1/3/17

First workout of the New Year and this prep. I decided not to train Monday due to Melissa being sick and I was close to 100% but figured another day would be a good idea.

I trained at my normal time and was shocked that the gym wasn't any busier than it was the last couple of months. Monday was likely worse but I was glad to see it wasn't complete chaos today.

I am already loving the 4 day split as it is just easier on my brain. It looks like this:

Mon - chest/side delts/abs/stretch
Tues - back/rear delts/traps/abs
Thurs - abs/legs
Fri - abs/arms/calves

I am training 1 exercise of abs everyday. I am only doing 1 day of calves because cardio beats the shit out of my calves during prep and I fortunately already have really good calves.

I am going 4 straight days this week because of having to miss training on Monday.

I am not doing any cardio yet due to a weird pull in my upper right quad near my groin (but isn't my groin). REALLY struggling to pinpoint it but it kills me when I stretch my quad/hip or inward rotation. I have no clue how I did it or when I did it. I honestly believe I may have done it in my sleep as I tend to sleep on my stomach a lot with one knee pulled up (that knee most of the time).

All aches and pains subsided during the almost 2 weeks of not training. I was concerned about the tendon on my left middle finger (back of the hand) and it still is irritated but only about 20% of what it was 2 weeks ago. My left pec ache is completely gone and elbows, knees and my lower back feel great.

Diet went well today with 6 meals with no problem getting them in.

I hope Mrs. Skip is on board tomorrow but she is in rough shape and our house guests - Ian and Shan who are in from South Africa for the Holidays didn't train today due to not feeling well, either. It apparently has ripped through our house for the last 3 weeks taking a victim or two each week. Yay us.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #8
Neweld

Subbed for this awesome ride !

Neweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:23 PM   #9
Ken "Skip" Hill

At the end of the week my update in here will be linked from EliteFTS.com.

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...ou-dirty-slut/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
Nick Williams
TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer

Following :-)

Truenutriton discount code skpapp7
IG @train2blaze
Facebook Nick Williams
2016 music city muscle men's open physique 3rd place

Nick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:15 AM   #11
bigoso

Gotta love the scgs compound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #12
Ken "Skip" Hill

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017

Week is off to a great start. Still locking into a rhythm due to not doing this for 5 years. However, it's only been 1 full week so far and with the emergencies of last week, I anticipate this week going quite smoothly.

Skipload Sunday was pretty reserved. I didn't want to go overboard considering I wasn't terribly depleted this being the first week into the prep. Had a bfast at the Denver Biscuit Company and Sushi later in the day with protein drinks in between. Relative to a typical Skipload, this was tame.

I did dose the Super Compensation Glycogen Storage (SCGS) Compounds for both meals and was remarkably full on Monday considering this was a relatively low level carb intake for a Skipload.

Strength was up considerably on Monday so I am curious what it will be tonight, as well. One thing I have found with the SCGS Compound is strength goes up quite a bit as I basically grow while dieting.

We are also using a yohimbine based topical fat burner called Sculpt Gel and I already love the stuff. I have 2 versions: 1 with capsicum and 1 without. I haven't used the one without it, yet, though. This product is a little bit different than VasoBurn in that it has considerably more yohimbine (5mg per pump) and less capsicum so it is quite easy to tolerate. It is also alcohol based so it dissolves and disappears within 20 seconds with no residue or mess. I will report back in a month or two on how well I believe it is working.

ADD: I am applying the Sculpt Gel to my hips, glutes and lower back and I swear my back feels better for it. I am wondering if the local increase in blood flow and heat is in some way helping my back at the same time.

Mrs. Skip's strength is starting to climb quickly so it will be interesting to see how this continues. I will be sure to post videos starting either this week or next.

Cardio for me this week is at 5 sessions of 30 minutes. I am rotating between the elliptical and the stairmaster. My hips are struggling to adjust at this early stage as I am not used to doing cardio after the last few months of doing none. In a couple weeks I am sure I will have no issues.

I have yet to weigh myself. I meant to this last weekend and because I am not in the habit of doing it, I forgot. I will start later this week and start logging weights and how much I am dropping per week, etc.. I have considered trying something new, though, and not weighing myself, at all, and instead just going by how I feel and how I look as to how I am progressing. I am on the fence with this at the moment.

I will update tomorrow or Thursday again.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #13
Nick Williams
TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer

You bringing the sgsc and carnatine in at this point (or at all)?

Truenutriton discount code skpapp7
IG @train2blaze
Facebook Nick Williams
2016 music city muscle men's open physique 3rd place

Nick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:33 AM   #14
Heckman

Are you or will you be keeping your refeed day fat intake minimal or will it matter or even make a difference? Will burgers be fair game?

Old 01-11-2017, 04:47 AM   #15
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckman View Post
Are you or will you be keeping your refeed day fat intake minimal or will it matter or even make a difference? Will burgers be fair game?
Good question.

I am starting with basically a "carb heavy" Skipload. That just means that I can still have fat but I want the foods/meals to be carb heavy. EG: I won't eat BBQ or ribs but I will not have any problem having a good burger and fries. Beau Jos pizza will be on the menu, as well, at least for now. As the prep progresses that may well change but for now, this is the plan.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-11-2017, 04:44 AM   #16
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Williams View Post
You bringing the sgsc and carnatine in at this point (or at all)?
Not the carnitine, yet, no.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #17
Joe Jeffery

Subbed! The TRT only element is interesting! I guess you won't get the physique benefits of supra-physiological levels of certain AAS but at least you will avoid the dropping of test and spike in cortisol seen in natty guys. In for the ride mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joe Jeffery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #18
Ken "Skip" Hill

My end of the week update on EliteFTS.com:

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...esults-so-far/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-18-2017, 04:53 AM   #19
Ken "Skip" Hill

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017

Weight at the end of this last week was 226 and thing are rolling along quite well. I have not made any diet or cardio changes as of yet for myself or for Mrs. Skip because things are progressing so well.

We are both only on 5 sessions of cardio at this point for 30 minutes and rarely am I hungry. She says she hates eating so she isn't hungry, either.

On Skipload days it's not even all that great to get the added carbs/calories. Though I am depleted by the Skipload day, it isn't anything over the top, at all. Dosing the SCGS compound twice during the Skipload for now.

Strength is holding quite well, too. I am right near the top of my strength numbers from the off season. Melissa is going up on everything, using weights she has never used before. Now, that doesn't mean she is doing 80 pound dumbbell presses and squatting 225 but her numbers are improving weekly and higher than I have ever seen them.

My oldest daughter and our middle daughter (24 and 18 years old) have started working out together at the same time Mrs. Skip and I train so this should be cool to see them more, even if it's just in the gym. Hopefully, they stick with it.

Rest day tomorrow to get more work done and get the driveway plowed.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #20
v1hyp

Great Work Skip, Keep it up!! I do so enjoy tagging along or this ride...

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
2002 NPC Western Carolina:
2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..
v1hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:50 PM   #21
Ken "Skip" Hill

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...-over-3-years/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-26-2017, 03:02 AM   #22
Ken "Skip" Hill

Wednesday, January 25th, 2017

Not baselined yet (Wednesday) but this week seems to be going very well so far. I am having some increases in strength and can only chalk this up to the change in mindset for prepping where I have psychologically stepped it up a notch in the gym.

No real aches and pains outside of an odd wrist issue on my right arm that for some reason is only an issue benching - not dumbbell pressing or anything else. Had to use wrist wraps to bench for the first time in years. Thankfully, I have extra gear in my gym bag just in case.

I will post about it tomorrow on social media but my hips and shins are killing me due to a little issue between myself and my 18 year old daughter. She was so "shocked" when she saw me doing close grip push ups the other day to finish off triceps and stated with sincerity that she didn't know I could do push ups? WTF? I was like, "you've seen me bench, right?" She shrugged when I asked her if I could manage a pull up, too. Little bitch.

Somehow we got to the point of running as a topic and she asked when the last time I ran was and I told her about 4 years ago while coaching Tate's (my son) baseball team. However, I let her know I could beat her in a race if she ever wanted to try.

Probably not the best move.

After training I went onto the basketball court and decided that my cardio this night was going to be sprint intervals ... for the first time in ... a long time.

I did sprint intervals for 25 minutes doing a full court sprint and a full court brisk walk. I actually felt pretty good but admittedly was smart enough to go at about 70%. My heart was holding up; my quad tendons, hips and shins are feeling it the last two days. They don't hurt but they are sore in a way that only an old man who hasn't run in years would know.

I am going to practice my sprints for a few weeks building up to a closer to 100% effort and then take my chances to see if I can at least hang with her in a race. Beating her is my goal but ... I am almost 47 and she is an avid hiker, rock climber and sarcastic bitch so the deck might be stacked against me.

We shall see.

You know, because blowing a hamstring is a brilliant idea a month into prep, right?

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 01-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #23
DC_catholic315
Light-heavyweight Member

Lol
Very entertaining

DC_catholic315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:35 AM   #24
Heckman

Can we expect to see the big race on video? or PPV?....lol

Old 01-27-2017, 09:46 AM   #25
GuidryG

What's the odds on this? Might need to make a trip to Vegas.
GuidryG is offline   Reply With Quote