Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com
   








Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Journals

Journals Member logs about training, diet, nutrition, supplements, losing weight, building muscle, etc.. Start your own journal and share your experiences with other members!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #51
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke_prytz View Post
Yeah, I thought you'd stick with that. Have you come up with a plan for your exercises yet?
I'm just going to do stick to the same outline right now. But when the day of the session comes along I will adjust the exercises and sets.

For tomorrow I am going to do something similar like this:

Undergrip Pulldown
Trap Bar Deadlift Hold (30-60 seconds)
Seated Calves (1x12 SS done DC way)
Front Squat
Low Bar Back Squat

As you see it is a little untraditional in retrospect to DC training so I'd not call it DC training right now until I might use it again the way Dante invented it. Right now I am still testing the waters with my idea and just making sure this could work for me. This type of training I need for the next 6-12 months is kind of hard for me to do through DC training but I think I could do well with DC it if I could use its push-pull-legs version in the future.

I am still trying to play it safe with the volume of sets to be honest. I am going to aim for 3 sets minimum per muscle group, because I saw some guys being able to do 3 sets for quads like 4-8, 9-12, 20 reps.

I think it would be sensible to do something like undergrip pulldowns (6-8, 9-12 SS) and then finish with a high rep set of seated dumbbell curls for 15-20 reps for a total of 3 sets. I could also try this with lying leg curls after low bar squats since my hamstrings are lagging.

But since I am not doing any rest pauses for anything each workout, maybe I could try doing 2 or 3 sets for everything. When I get in tomorrow I will judge how much feels optimal. If I could hypothetically make 10% more gains from each session I will strive to. But the biggest factor is adding more reps and weight every session.

Last edited by andishehhank; 03-26-2018 at 06:43 PM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:06 AM   #52
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
!

B1

Close/Under Grip Pulldown/curl hybrid: 220 lbs x 6, 190x 12 SS
Seated Alternate Dumbbell Curl (twisted): 35s x 15 SS
Trap Bar Static Hold: 2 plates x 46 seconds
Seated Calves (DC style): 95 x 12 SS
Low Bar Back squat: 265 x 5, 235x 8 SS
Lying Ham Curl: 140 x 17 SS
Leg Press: 6 plates x 15 SS, 7 plates x 7 SS

Essentially my leg strength is too shit for DC training, so I'm going to try this method because it makes me feel like I'm in my place.

I have to learn how to low bar squat because it should technically be easier as I can high bar 300.

I feel like throwing up from doing front squats which is a shame because they are so good at targeting the quads. I will try them again on Sunday but today I went with the leg press.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:58 AM   #53
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by andishehhank View Post
B1

Close/Under Grip Pulldown/curl hybrid: 220 lbs x 6, 190x 12 SS
Seated Alternate Dumbbell Curl (twisted): 35s x 15 SS
Trap Bar Static Hold: 2 plates x 46 seconds
Seated Calves (DC style): 95 x 12 SS
Low Bar Back squat: 265 x 5, 235x 8 SS
Lying Ham Curl: 140 x 17 SS
Leg Press: 6 plates x 15 SS, 7 plates x 7 SS

Essentially my leg strength is too shit for DC training, so I'm going to try this method because it makes me feel like I'm in my place.

I have to learn how to low bar squat because it should technically be easier as I can high bar 300.

I feel like throwing up from doing front squats which is a shame because they are so good at targeting the quads. I will try them again on Sunday but today I went with the leg press.
Good going here Andy! Now I'm starting to see what you mean with your programing. I think it is prob a really good way to build some strength. I remember seeing some people on here doing similar things at least with the DC set up but just doing straight sets, seems to work for them. How did those low bars feel? And I can't do front squats either the kill me haha
Henke_prytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #54
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke_prytz View Post
Good going here Andy! Now I'm starting to see what you mean with your programing. I think it is prob a really good way to build some strength. I remember seeing some people on here doing similar things at least with the DC set up but just doing straight sets, seems to work for them. How did those low bars feel? And I can't do front squats either the kill me haha
I did them as box squats using a stool. My friend had to keep reminding me "chest up, and knees out"

My glutes and hamstrings are really lazy so I need to build up their ability to fire.

I really want to get up to 4 plates with my back squat. I have always sucked at them. My quads have some visible size in the tear drop and center but very little sweep and as well as little abductors as well so I will be trying to get them to start growing now. + More glutes, hams and calves would be my focus. My lats, delts, arms are my strongest parts that came up lately. My upper chest, traps, and legs need the main focus now. Hence you saw the extra chest presses, deadlifts, and squats since sunday. I'd like to eventually post up some poses to show how I'm doing.

I feel good about my progress and am ready to put in the work for another 6 months.

Last edited by andishehhank; 03-28-2018 at 04:34 PM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #55
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by andishehhank View Post
I did them as box squats using a stool. My friend had to keep reminding me "chest up, and knees out"

My glutes and hamstrings are really lazy so I need to build up their ability to fire.

I really want to get up to 4 plates with my back squat. I have always sucked at them. My quads have some visible size in the tear drop and center but very little sweep and as well as little abductors as well so I will be trying to get them to start growing now. + More glutes, hams and calves would be my focus. My lats, delts, arms are my strongest parts that came up lately. My upper chest, traps, and legs need the main focus now. Hence you saw the extra chest presses, deadlifts, and squats since sunday. I'd like to eventually post up some poses to show how I'm doing.

I feel good about my progress and am ready to put in the work for another 6 months.
Ok cool to do them with a box. If you just keep doing what you're doing you'll get to 4 plates real soon Yeah it would be cool to see a pic or some training videos from you.
Henke_prytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:48 AM   #56
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Flat Barbell Press 280 lbs x 5 SS
Incline DB Press 85s x 16 SS
Standing Barbell Press 165x6, 145x9 SS
Close grip decline hammer strength press 4 plates x 4, +320 lbs x 10 SS
Hammer strength high row 4 plates x 6, +320 x 11 SS
Hammer strength low row +340x7 SS
Sumo rack deadlift 4 plates x 14 SS

I tried to get 275 on my first set with the flat barbell press but I only got 4 reps. Added 5 pounds and then beat the log book by it. I thought I might've been a little tired from the last workout so I am going to stick to 2-3 straight sets total per muscle. If I wanted to use 2 lifts for that muscle I'll use 2 sets on one and just one on the other. And I think I'll keep all my sets in the 6-12 ranges.

Other than that I had a good session. I did skip the delt stretch since it sort of hurts and I just realized I forgot about trying the handcuff stretch for shoulders so I should remember next time.

Last edited by andishehhank; 03-30-2018 at 01:52 AM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:44 PM   #57
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Alright so I am going to be going out somewhere tonight and it is really important that I try to go. So I will go to the gym tomorrow for my next B session and then the day after for my next A session.

Didn't due cardio today or the day before yesterday. Yesterday just 30 minutes.

Diet has been not too heavy but very clean. So I'm okay with it.

I tend to get very involved with my life obligations with my family, especially on the weekends. But I will not be missing my workouts unless for a good purpose, and I always try to do it either in advance or make it up.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #58
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
So I ended up not training yesterday.

I had done my cardio in the morning as usual then ended up going for a 3 mile hike later that day... I was so tired that I just went to the gym's spa instead. I think this is my first skipped session since June.

I will recommence tonight with my C-S-T-BW-BTH.

I did my cardio today as well. It was 45 minutes of pacing in the backyard today.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:50 AM   #59
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 248
Sometimes I think it can be a good thing to take a day off and get another couple of rest days in. I remember reading something about taking the Friday off if you're starting to feel overtrained and just do Friday's workout on Monday instead as a way of lengthening your blast. Plus if it's family commitments then good on you, I think that is a very good reason
Henke_prytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:32 AM   #60
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke_prytz View Post
Sometimes I think it can be a good thing to take a day off and get another couple of rest days in. I remember reading something about taking the Friday off if you're starting to feel overtrained and just do Friday's workout on Monday instead as a way of lengthening your blast. Plus if it's family commitments then good on you, I think that is a very good reason
Yeah I have to manage my relationships with everyone to balance my gym life with my other personal life... it is well worth it... the 3rd day for me is on thursdays and I think i'll be okay for this while coming around. I had to go to a social event on sunday and it was a once a year thing.

I just got home from the gym.

15 degree incline smith: 275x4, 255x7, 235x12
Vertical seated db press: 90sx5, 80sx9, 70sx12
Free Close grip bench: 275x4 or 5?, 255x8, 235x8
Lat pulldown medium grip: 220x5, 205x 9, 190x11
Db row: 110x5/5, 100x 8/8
Floor deadlift: 365x9

Felt strong and safe... I did skip the deltoid stretch again and I did try the handcuff stretch but I couldn't figure it out tonight...just trying to get the rotators ready for the stretches again.

Last set of Close grip bench was nothing much... my triceps were toast and I couldnt get my 10-12 reps.

Ill be using the db rows for variation until I can max out the 120s (heaviest at my gym). then maybe I'll use them for widowmakers.

And the floor deadlifts felt great and I am ready to get nice and strong on these as I think I have optimized my form... and I will start to wear my belt for these.

I like the idea of doing 4-6 reps on my first set, 7-9 on my second and 10-12 on my third...

I didn't do a second chest press since I was going to do the close grip press for tris tonight either.

Last edited by andishehhank; 04-04-2018 at 04:40 AM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #61
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by andishehhank View Post
Yeah I have to manage my relationships with everyone to balance my gym life with my other personal life... it is well worth it... the 3rd day for me is on thursdays and I think i'll be okay for this while coming around. I had to go to a social event on sunday and it was a once a year thing.

I just got home from the gym.

15 degree incline smith: 275x4, 255x7, 235x12
Vertical seated db press: 90sx5, 80sx9, 70sx12
Free Close grip bench: 275x4 or 5?, 255x8, 235x8
Lat pulldown medium grip: 220x5, 205x 9, 190x11
Db row: 110x5/5, 100x 8/8
Floor deadlift: 365x9

Felt strong and safe... I did skip the deltoid stretch again and I did try the handcuff stretch but I couldn't figure it out tonight...just trying to get the rotators ready for the stretches again.

Last set of Close grip bench was nothing much... my triceps were toast and I couldnt get my 10-12 reps.

Ill be using the db rows for variation until I can max out the 120s (heaviest at my gym). then maybe I'll use them for widowmakers.

And the floor deadlifts felt great and I am ready to get nice and strong on these as I think I have optimized my form... and I will start to wear my belt for these.

I like the idea of doing 4-6 reps on my first set, 7-9 on my second and 10-12 on my third...

I didn't do a second chest press since I was going to do the close grip press for tris tonight either.
Strong workout there mate Your pressing is looking really strong!
Henke_prytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #62
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke_prytz View Post
Strong workout there mate Your pressing is looking really strong!
Yeah my pressing strength has come a long way.

I gotta bring up the squats and deadlifts though. I will probably use the same sets and reps I just mentioned for my quads because I think I will progress better on them also.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #63
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Hammer strength lat pulldown: 3 plates x 7, 3 plates + 10s x 4
Barbell curl : 65 x 12
Pull Up Static hold: bw x 34 sec
Calves on 45 degree leg press: +230 x 11 SS
Trap bar SLDL: +280x5, +260x8, +240x7
Super Squat Machine: 5 plates x 4, 4 plates + 35s x 7, 4 plates + 25s x 12

The hammer strength pulldown is designed to be underhand, and I focus on doing half reps until my arms are fully flexed. Little lats here. Glad I thought of this machine today.

The 3rd set of hamstrings I could have done 12 reps but I stopped at 7 because I didn't want to be too tired to do rack deadlifts on sunday...the set was getting really intense. I will do these on the weeks where I do my B2 and B3 so I don't have to end up deadlifting 3 times in a row.

And apparently the "hinge hack squat" is called a super squat so I am using this name now. I can only do half reps with a wide and high stance (but not like a sumo leg press)...or else my knees hurt from this machine. I'm gonna need to use knee wraps from now I believe.

Last edited by andishehhank; 04-05-2018 at 07:26 PM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #64
Tobito
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 37
I like your training... programming is solid IMHO.
Tobito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #65
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobito View Post
I like your training... programming is solid IMHO.
It's working pretty nicely. I look forward to hearing from you.

It is easier to recover from by switching to straight sets. It is helping me not overtrain while I add in more exercises to address the muscles I want to bring up. I do not have much experience with isolation exercises like side laterals, pec flyes and shrugs so I am still reluctant to add them but over time, I will. Maybe I'll give them a go tomorrow.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:55 AM   #66
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Alright, tonight was a different workout. Just wanted to have some fun in the gym as I thought I could benefit from it.

Flat Hammer Strength Press: +275x8
Free Decline Press: 275x11
Flat DB Fly 70sx7

Wide High Incline Press: 185x5
Standing DB OHP: 80sx9
Standing DB Lateral: 25sx13

EZ Overhead Ext: 90x9
Free CGBP: 235x10
EZ Flat bench skulls: 115?x6 (ez bar with added one plate each side)

Assisted Pull Up (straps) : -80x5, -110x7, -140x9

Smith Bent over row: 275x6, 245x8

Rack Deadlift: 455x10
Barbell Shrugs: 315x10

Lots of good bullshit this night. I might not train like this week round but tonight I wanted to have some fun. I used some different lifts this time because I did not want to wait for some equipment. Wore my leather lifting belt all night (under my clothing.) Here is a video of my rack deadlifts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beBmkBjh8k0

I think I look really fat in this video so I am alarmed to keep the cardio strict and probably start to do my carb cut offs or some kind of similar diet. I seem to be getting more conscious of my overly high body weight. I am still the same weight as I was in June but I guess I have really started to care to drop some more body fat percentage.

Last edited by andishehhank; 04-09-2018 at 03:34 AM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:16 AM   #67
Tobito
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by andishehhank View Post
It's working pretty nicely. I look forward to hearing from you.

It is easier to recover from by switching to straight sets. It is helping me not overtrain while I add in more exercises to address the muscles I want to bring up. I do not have much experience with isolation exercises like side laterals, pec flyes and shrugs so I am still reluctant to add them but over time, I will. Maybe I'll give them a go tomorrow.
Yep, Straight sets are much easier to recover, really good in a cut template like I'm doing now.

only go up slowly your volume from adding new exercises...
Tobito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #68
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobito View Post
Yep, Straight sets are much easier to recover, really good in a cut template like I'm doing now.

only go up slowly your volume from adding new exercises...
I do think it is OK to do 2-3 lifts per muscle since I am still using 3 sets per muscle and not per exercise.

If I wanted to add more total volume of sets overall (4 or more), I'd likely have to reduce the frequency of training each body part, which I don't see any point of if I want to gain muscle right now.

Last edited by andishehhank; 04-09-2018 at 01:24 PM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #69
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by andishehhank View Post
Alright, tonight was a different workout. Just wanted to have some fun in the gym as I thought I could benefit from it.

Flat Hammer Strength Press: +275x8
Free Decline Press: 275x11
Flat DB Fly 70sx7

Wide High Incline Press: 185x5
Standing DB OHP: 80sx9
Standing DB Lateral: 25sx13

EZ Overhead Ext: 90x9
Free CGBP: 235x10
EZ Flat bench skulls: 115?x6 (ez bar with added one plate each side)

Assisted Pull Up (straps) : -80x5, -110x7, -140x9

Smith Bent over row: 275x6, 245x8

Rack Deadlift: 455x10
Barbell Shrugs: 315x10

Lots of good bullshit this night. I might not train like this week round but tonight I wanted to have some fun. I used some different lifts this time because I did not want to wait for some equipment. Wore my leather lifting belt all night (under my clothing.) Here is a video of my rack deadlifts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beBmkBjh8k0

I think I look really fat in this video so I am alarmed to keep the cardio strict and probably start to do my carb cut offs or some kind of similar diet. I seem to be getting more conscious of my overly high body weight. I am still the same weight as I was in June but I guess I have really started to care to drop some more body fat percentage.

Great set in the video man!!! Reps are looking strong and with really nice form. Don't think about the weight thing too much man. You're looking good and with carb-cutoffs and some daily cardio that'll sort itself out. Great to see a vid of you, keep em coming
Henke_prytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #70
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke_prytz View Post
Great set in the video man!!! Reps are looking strong and with really nice form. Don't think about the weight thing too much man. You're looking good and with carb-cutoffs and some daily cardio that'll sort itself out. Great to see a vid of you, keep em coming
I am on my phone right now doing my walk in my backyard. I also took some pics on my front to put up. I think I donít look too bad in them. I will just tighten up the diet the way I did on my cruises to get in some better progress.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:45 AM   #71
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
B1

Undergrip Pulldown: 220x11
Standing Alt DB Curl: 55sx7
Preacher Curl Machine: 210x6

Trap Bar Hold: + 190 x 45 sec

Seated Calves Raises: +100x10

Low Bar Squat: 275x7
Stiff Leg Deadlift 315x7
Lying Leg Curl: +150x12

Leg Press: 6 Plates x 10 (slow negatives this time to preserve the knees)

Overall I did my best for a real leg session as my legs are by far the crappiest body part. I wanted to do 1-2 more sets for quads but I decided to finish with just one set as my knees have been hurting sometimes. I will probably stop using all machines for quads and just use free squats more frequently and just use different rep ranges each session, something like that. I recorded my squats and SLDL tonight also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTllBYIZebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqF3317I7wU

Last edited by andishehhank; 04-11-2018 at 03:58 AM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:59 AM   #72
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by andishehhank View Post
B1

Undergrip Pulldown: 220x11
Standing Alt DB Curl: 55sx7
Preacher Curl Machine: 210x6

Trap Bar Hold: + 190 x 45 sec

Seated Calves Raises: +100x10

Low Bar Squat: 275x7
Stiff Leg Deadlift 315x7
Lying Leg Curl: +150x12

Leg Press: 6 Plates x 10 (slow negatives this time to preserve the knees)

Overall I did my best for a real leg session as my legs are by far the crappiest body part. I wanted to do 1-2 more sets for quads but I decided to finish with just one set as my knees have been hurting sometimes. I will probably stop using all machines for quads and just use free squats more frequently and just use different rep ranges each session, something like that. I recorded my squats and SLDL tonight also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTllBYIZebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqF3317I7wU
Great workout there mate. Things are looking pretty damn strong in the videos as well so good going
Henke_prytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:56 AM   #73
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
Smith Flat 295x6
Inc DB 105sx8
Dec Fly 75sx7

Olympic Press 205x4
Hi Inc DB 100sx6
Seat. DB Laterals 30sx8

Close Grip Hammer Decline +360x9
1 Arm OH Tri Ext 40x9/9
DB Skulls 50sx9

Hammer High Row +360x10
V Pulldown 220x9
Free Chins BWx3 half reps, 6 negatives (second set)

Hammer Strength Row 350x10
"Cheat" Barbell Row (like Dusty Hanshaw) 255x6
DB Shrug 105sx18

Great session except I let my ego too loose on the Smith flat bench as I didn't care enough to set up my form so my right shoulder is kind of tweaked... I should do some broomstick dislocations in the day. My OHPs were done Old School Olympic Style with layback and body english. I felt too tired to do a deadlift tonight as I already did 'em on Tuesday anyway.

Last edited by andishehhank; 04-13-2018 at 07:05 PM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #74
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
B2

Inc DB Curl 50x6
Preacher EZ Curl 95x7
Undergrip Smith Row (45 degrees) 245x6

Static BB Hold 245x25 sec

Calves on 45 Degree Leg Press +240x8

Seated Leg Curl: Level 16x11, 17x9,18x6 (18 levels is the full stack)

Squat 315x6
Nautilus Leg Ext +90x24

Here are my Squats. I am stronger with this form as usual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-M3ADUqBX8

I tried to do undergrip pendlay rows like the last time i did them with 285 and I just got one rep so I was definitely tired from all the upper body training tonight. Everything else is straightforward... my knees don't feel too happy about the leg extensions tonight either so I should skip these too.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:19 AM   #75
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 187
A3

Flat BB Press 285x5
Hammer Strength Decline +320x5
Pec Deck +205x15

Standing DB Press (Olympic Style) 95sx5
Vertical Seated DB Press 95sx5
Standing Lateral Raise 30sx10

Free CGBP 275x5
Bar Dips (Half Reps to protect rotators) BWx6
Cable Rope Pushdown 135x10

Cable Lat Pulldown 220x8, 205x10
Stiff Arm Cable Pullover 120x11

Floor Deadlift 385x4
T Bar Row + 6 PL x 6

DB Power Shrug 105sx9

Here are the deadlifts and rows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvvEpLy61yU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Ds9IgycvA

Overall, I need to pay attention to my rep ranges next session and make sure I get some more work around 8-9 reps instead of so many 4-6 rep sets. Everything increased in weight again so I am now in a better understanding of my recovery abilities. I still do my cardio everyday and my diet is nothing too high in food to be honest here. 30 g protein every 3 hours and add fats and carbs to feel recovering. I weighed in at 321 lbs today. I am going to have to be patient with my body fat loss because I am going to try to keep pushing the strength gain emphasis for a while. At least I am still keeping the fat levels from increasing.

Last edited by andishehhank; 04-18-2018 at 04:26 AM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.






Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Indexed by Enginuity