Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Journals

Journals Member logs about training, diet, nutrition, supplements, losing weight, building muscle, etc.. Start your own journal and share your experiences with other members!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #101
RedSkull
TEAMSKIP.net web designer

Good job. I voted for you for the shoulder press set.
RedSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #102
5luke2
Banned

me too, ur music selection and spontaneus dancing are a ahrd to beat combination
5luke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #103
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

Thanks guys but I think Mrs. Jesus Rocks is going to take it this month by a land slide-you cant compete agaisnt someone named Jesus!!!!!

The vid's get me psyched up when i train alone-got to move the shit.

The declines fried me tonight-I was thinking about doing some heavy sm front presses again but thought about declines havent done them heavy for a while-365 felt great-maybe theres something to Rest Pause sets??????

I just kinda feel if the weight wasn't so heavy, I could lift it:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Living for the INSULIN SPIKE!
ROB550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #104
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

nice frickin declines rob!!!!
'15-USPA Metro
'15-USPA State
'15-AAU HI
'14-AAU HI
'14-USPA Metro
'14-WABDL Sonny's
'14-USPA State
'14-HI Strongman
'13-USPA
'13-WABDL Sonny's
'13-USPA State
'13-AAU HI
'11-USPA Metro
'10-NPC Stingrey
'09-NPC Islands
'09-NPC Stingrey
'09-ABA Islands
'02-ABA Islands
'02-ABA IronWorks
'01-NPC Paradise Cup
'01-ABA Olympia
'01-ABA Islands
'00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
'00-INBF Musclefest
'98-NGA Ill
'98-INBF Ohio
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #105
OldDog
Light-heavyweight Member

hey rob....nice work...frickin strong.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #106
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

Thanks,
Funny thing is I can get up for something heavy like this about once every 3-4 weeks. It'll take me at least a week to recup, I'm kind of happy thu that is the most reps ive done with that kind of weight. The smith is a little easier then streight weight but I think my best on this before today was 405x5

My triceps are fried tonight-there cramping up bad I cant train tomorrow thats for sure- I need to, due to flying all day Thursday and may not workout Thursday. I think tomorrow will be a light leg day.

Ive taken 3 protein drinks(30grams) a piece and ate once since i worked out and still sore as shit-I truthly dont think I could bench 225x1 at the moment!

OD I lke the big back shot in avi

Old 01-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #107
Jay Cook
formerly "thenatural"

unreal workouts R to the OB, but not quite as unreal as those shorts!
weight training and nutrition are two very simple endeavors. In fact, they are both primal instincts we are born with. Too many people are making this stuff way too complicated. Keep it simple and basic. It works every time. Hard work and consistency always pay big dividends. -exmgq

building bigger better athletes.

Jay Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #108
JT1
Super-heavyweight Member

Hey Rob! great incline dumbell vids - and those decline vids?!? awesome! thats some weight. i just realised that ive started using your grip with on benching tooso i hope it works for me as it has for you lol.

btw - hope you had a great new years

"I did shag an older 'milf type' recently - 35-36ish - thats about the oldest! I like how with the older ones there are less games. A bit saggier, but better technique." - Redskull

"I've never been caught wanking." - IronBrendan

"my poop shoot was clogged up tighter than a nun's happy place." - DuckDuckGoose

"my nipples look like torpedo's and I can't get Pink's "Stupid girls" out of my head" - Redskull
JT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #109
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

NAtural-there actually old navy boxers-I just sewed the hole shut, wear them to gym all the time!

One time a women asked me if it underwear-I told yeah why do like them?

Old 01-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #110
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

1-3-07 legs partial sumo deadlifts

Everything on me is sore as hell today-lower back, chest,shoulders and most of all my triceps are hosed!!
AM
Cardio cybex arch trainer run 30 mins
hammer mts ab crunches 40x40, 40x35, 40x25
standing calf raises
160x25 in
180x25 in
220x26 burnout toes in

PM

Legs in the garage gym tonight

Smith Mach Sqauts-I hate these things
Bought a Manta Ray for the smith mach-doesnt work cant unhook the bar with it on the bar-screw it!!!
Close stance
135-12x2 sets
185x10
225-15x4 sets these were rough today

Decided on something different

Smith Mach rev grn band squats-wide stance
grn band/275x10
grn band/315x10
grn band/365x10

I liked these

smith mach partial sumo deadlifts
135x15
225x8
225x8
275x8
315x8
405x6
455x1 screwed rep-
put on a belt and wrist wraps
455x3 hard as shit after squats today!!-shitty lockouts didnt hold it lower back was sore

nautilus home gym leg extensions
45x15
70x15
90x15

done-flying away for a week to the beautiful North East!!

Last edited by ROB550; 01-03-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #111
Jay Cook
formerly "thenatural"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB550 View Post
NAtural-there actually old navy boxers-I just sewed the hole shut, wear them to gym all the time!

One time a women asked me if it underwear-I told yeah why do like them?
now THAT is hilarious!!!! ROFL!!!
weight training and nutrition are two very simple endeavors. In fact, they are both primal instincts we are born with. Too many people are making this stuff way too complicated. Keep it simple and basic. It works every time. Hard work and consistency always pay big dividends. -exmgq

Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #112
Jay Cook
formerly "thenatural"

good lookin workout considering all the soreness. I HATE going to the gym being all banged up from something else cuz you know it's just gonna be worse tomorrow

Old 01-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #113
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

soreness

Hey Natural Its amazing how heavy pressing can get you all over I know when i used to shirt bench my legs would be sore for 2 days

Getting under thebar in the smith mach today was not fun!!! man did the first few sets hurts, I think when i started the rev band sqs things finally let up

I dont think my triceps have ever been this sore thu. Its a good sore. Next chest /shoulder day will be light and airy

I think close grip declines are one of the best tricep exercises out there, its like doing a extremely heavy pushdown-same motion but upside down!

Started your diet???? how are you carbing during the week?

Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #114
OldDog
Light-heavyweight Member

hey rob hows it going...still sore? think close grip declines will be in my arsenal next blast. hope everything going to suit you man..take care.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #115
Jay Cook
formerly "thenatural"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB550 View Post

Started your diet???? how are you carbing during the week?
hey big guy...how you feelin today?? still sore as hell i bet.

yeah my prep i underway. fortunately (at least for contest prep, NOT for offseason), I have a ridiculous metabolism that allows me to eat alot of carbs still (although very clean) and still shred up. we'll see as we get later into it tho.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #116
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

12-5-07 Chest/shoulders/triceps

up in Delaware for the next week 1/2,worked out some guys I train with when im up here

yesterday flew to Phili and had to drive so went to the gym late last night

5-4-07
abs hanging leg raises 25x4 sets
cybex arch trainer run 1 hour
felt sick when i got back to the hotel kind of have achest cold, the cybex run got me 1 hour burned 675 calerioes according to the mach

5-5-07

Cybex arch trner run 30 mins
hooked up with 2 guys i train with up here so did their workout

chest

flat dumbell presses

45'sx15
55'sx15
70'sx15
100'sx15
120'sx15
120'sx9
120'sx7

flat bench press press close grip
**trucelt got me thinking of doing this tonight**
135x12
185x10
225x21 went for as many reps as possible cramped on 21 so stopped

smith mach inclines
135x12
225x10
275x8
315x8

incline dumbell flies-very slow negitive porition about 3-6 seconds on the downward motion
55'sx12
70'sx8
80'sx6 or 7 lost count

cable cross overs
70x15x3 sets

Triceps
pushdowns-using this bear trap looking handle
?? never used before
100x15
120x12
150x18 burn out set

overhead tricep cable extensions
100-12x3 sets

I felt great tonight-cold has me alittle down but strength was thru the roof, considering the declines Tuesday had my tris cramping til yesterday!!!

Last edited by ROB550; 01-05-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #117
Jay Cook
formerly "thenatural"

great looking workout r to the ob. strong as an oxen

Old 01-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #118
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

thanks Natural-my strength seems to be going up with the rest pausing considering ive dropped 45lbs since September.

I kinda want to put on a bench shirt and see what i can max right now, because decline and shoulder pressing are up more then they have ever been as far as reps with moderately heavy weight.

Last nights work out was a little more then i'd usually do, but the 2 guys i trained with love to over train chest!

Im feeling shitty today-got a dam sinus infection!!

Hows the diet-i starved myself yesterday
4 eggs for breakfast with 2 purepro drinks during the day and a chicken salad with Fat free ranch for lunch-but after the chest marathon i ate about 6 spicey tuna rolls and 2 peapered tuna sashmis

trying to decide if im going to train back today or just wait til mofuk monday!-thinking since i skipped shoulder work yesterday i may go do shoulders real quick calfes and abs and wait til monday for back

Old 01-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #119
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

1-6-07 shoulders abs/calfes

felt bad this morning-sinus infection kicking in

since i didnt train shoulders yesterday with the overtraining chest routine we did, went and did shoulders abs,calfes today by the hardest-elbows and shoulders were sore as shit so didnt do much

side lateral dumbell raises
20'sx20
30'sx15
40'sx12
50'sx6 drop set 40'sx8 drop 30'sx10

hammer iso shoulder press-count weight as if on bar
135x12
185x12
225x10
275x8-sore as shit elbows aching
315x5
225x15 called it

smith mach upright rows
95x12
135-12x3 sets

front dumbell raises
30'sx12
40'sx10
50'sx6

ab crunches on pulldown mach
100-15x4 sets

hanging leg raises
20x4 sets

calfes on leg press-toes out all sets
180-burnout reps 4 sets

Old 01-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #120
JT1
Super-heavyweight Member

we definately have another warrior here! getting 315 on shoulder presses with a sinus infection!!.......dedication and insanity rolled together lol

looked like a great chest session too.

prolly asked this before but what ya do for a job that takes you across the country by air? again it shows dedication finding and getting to all these different gyms - most guys who fly regular are overweight fattys so good going!

"I did shag an older 'milf type' recently - 35-36ish - thats about the oldest! I like how with the older ones there are less games. A bit saggier, but better technique." - Redskull

"my poop shoot was clogged up tighter than a nun's happy place." - DuckDuckGoose

"my nipples look like torpedo's and I can't get Pink's "Stupid girls" out of my head" - Redskull
Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #121
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

1-7-07 biceps/legs/abs

JT1
I am a Clinical Engineer for a world wide diagnostics company-I'm involved with Second Level Support to address problems with reagents and instrumentation we manufacture.
I teach Field Engineer classes on certain product lines

So I get around, mostly North and South America, Europe once or twice a yr.

I have my gyms in certain areas I train at which is kind of nice getting a good varity-it leads to over training due to wanting to try different machines

Enough of the boring stuff
went to the Med clinic and got on antibotoics for the sinus infection

Biceps
Alt dumbell curls-hanging face down on incline bench
25'sx20
30'sx15
40'sx12
50'sx9, x7 x8

cable cross hi curls one drop set
70x9 drop 60x8 drop 50x10

hammer curls
40'sx10
60'sx10 x7 x6

Legs

seated leg curls
75x15
105x15
120x12
150x10 x8 x8
105x15

Leg Presses
200x20
30x15
400x12
500x12
600x10 x8 x4 then spotted myself for 6 more reps
400x20 this was actually too easy so did another one
400x20 little more difficult
**500 felt kind of heavy but 400 was too light**

leg extensions

100x15
120x15
140x15

hanging leg raises-supersetted these with the extensions
20x3 sets

crunches
25x3 sets

cybex run hi 10 incline 80 resist I consider these walking lunges
30 mins

Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #122
ROB550
Super-heavyweight Member

last 2 workouts

well..............long days and late nights, been eatting clean nad doing cardio but have gained about 5lbs?? seemed to be filling out lbs which I guess is good???

Have training in the evening luckily theres a gym about 100 yrds from my office up here!!!

1-8-07
Cardio cybex arch trner 45 min run
crunches 25x4 sets
hanging leg raises-25 x2 sets

Back
Shrugs on the smith mach
135x20
225x20
315x20
405x12
455x10
495x10
545x6 x5
405x12

wide grip Chins-bodyweight
x12
x9
x7 spot for 5 more

hammer iso seated row-count weight as if on bar
135x15
225x15
315x12
405x8 x6 x4 got sloppy on the last round

FATMAN ROWS with 25lb plate in the power rack-wide grip
x12
x8 dropped the weight x6 more
x8 dropped the weight x5 more

bent barbell rows on the smith mach
135x12
185x12
225x10
275x8
275x8
225x10

hammer curls
40's-10x3 sets

1-9-07
Legs

cardio-lunge work
cybex arch run incline 10 resist at 60 for 40 mins 500 cals burned

Smith mach squats
135-12x2 sets
185x12x2 sets
225x12x4 sets

leg presses-feet close
400-20x3 sets

seated leg extension mach
105x15
120x15
150x12 x7 x4

seat calf raises
90xburn set reps???????around 25 for 4 sets

no training tomorrow

Old 01-10-2007, 03:07 AM   #123
JT1
Super-heavyweight Member

very nice session Rob, lots of work there! good goingon getting the 5lb weight increase. and what are FATMAN ROWS?

Old 01-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #124
5luke2
Banned

fat man rows
5luke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #125
OldDog
Light-heavyweight Member

good job on the workout rob. keep up the good work man.