X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heavy hitter
    Heavyweight Member
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by theroymccoy
    First off, I'd just like to thank you, Massive G, for taking the time and sharing very valuable information (for free, nonetheless) to us eager, young minds. (I don't think I used enough commas.)

I'm sure some of you have seen this already but I got some ideas from this guy
    20 Raw white eggs & Frozen chicken shake!

In the same vein of making high protein soups, have you tried cooking your chicken and mixing it in a blender with some form of liquid in order to make a puree? Almost like baby food so as to reduce the amount of liquid that could potentially fill you up too quick. Any recommendations as to what type of broth or soup to use? How do you like the idea? I apologize if it's been asked before.

I remember a while back, Mike Matarazzo would blend whatever food he couldn't down with apple juice and down the rest. I've tried this but the smell is unbearable.

edit. Do you think the way a person trains can dictate how they should eat? A person who is into high volume would benefit more from higher carbs as opposed to someone who does low volume? I remember someone on this board talking about it, forgive me for not remembering whoever spoke about it.
    just plug your nose and down it. due to a stomach issue that makes it really hard for me to eat alot of food i eat two meals a day that consist of 5 ounces of chicken breast,1 scoop protein powder,1/4 cup liquid egg whites,1 tbl. olive oil, scoop swedish oat starch, 6 ounces oj and some creatine all blended up.
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

• bigG
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by bigG
      i apologize in advance if this is a stupid question but im confused on how to decide when to have a pro fat meal instead of a pro carb meal. i understand the carb cutoff so it makes sense to me that the last two or three meals would not be pro carb, but what other times during the day would call for a pro fat meal instead of a pro carb meal?
      sorry found the answer to this in my new home the puppy pound. but to those of you familiar with trueprotein products...im looking to buy a protein mix that i could use both for my post workout shake and to use as a meal at other times during the day so i was thinking either TPC's protein formula of DC's protein formula...any advise?

Comment

• The Misfit
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Pheedno
        Just to note on the eggs. Cholesterol in eggs can actually be good for you if it isn't oxidized by heat. If you cook eggs on low-med, or soft boil them you shouldn't oxidize the yolk.
        What's your take on consuming raw eggs??
        "My world is for me to live in and my solitude is my burden to bear. They are also the tools I use to forge a will to survive, and lead others to realize their own dreams. So when you see me standing alone and doing things differently from the group, don't judge me too harshly. I must remain focused. I hunt alone" -Machine

Comment

• Livestrong77
          Bantamweight Member
          • Aug 2008

Here's mine,

Meal 1 (6:00 AM)

1 cup of oats with 3 - 4 spoonfulls of cottage cheese, 1 scoop of ON whey, and frozen mixed berries (1/2 cup)
          **I also take my multi & 2 fish oil caps here**

Meal 2 (9:00 AM)

1 can of tuna (or chicken breast)
          apple

Meal 3 (12:00)

chicken breast (or 1 lean beef patty)
          1 cup of mixed veggies (cauliflower & brocolli)
          2 fish oil caps

Meal 4 (3:00)

ON whey (scoops) with natty PB mixed with water

Meal 5 pre workout (5:30)

1 cup of oats with 1 scoop of ON whey mixed with water

Meal 6 post workout (7:00)

2 scoops of ON whey with water
          1 1/2 scoops of gatorade with water

Meal 7 (8:00)

same as meal 3

Meal 8 (pre-bed)

1 cup of cottage cheese
          2 fish oil caps

This is when I'm working dayshifts at work. MG, how would you suggest I change things when I'm on nightshift? Or simply just keep things the same? On day shift, I lift around 6 - 6:30PM, and on night shift, I lift around 1 or 2PM On my days off, I'm lifting mid morning.

Thanks for looking, any help is always appreciated
          Last edited by Livestrong77; 07-20-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Livestrong77
            Bantamweight Member
            • Aug 2008

I see this thread is pretty slow nowadays.....

Comment

• chris.tan
              Lightweight Member
              • Jun 2009

G if I understood you right, isolate isn't the best protein supplementation nowadays. Being lactose intolerant, I can't have any sort of concentrate and can only use whey isolate. Would you mind listing the major types of protein supplements out there and the pro cons? Such as concentrate being cheap but maybe it has a lower bioavailability. Also when are different types more beneficial in the day's diet time-wise? Thanks for all the help youve provided to us.
              -Tan
              Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

• v1hyp
                Intense Muscle Competitor
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by chris.tan
                G if I understood you right, isolate isn't the best protein supplementation nowadays. Being lactose intolerant, I can't have any sort of concentrate and can only use whey isolate. Would you mind listing the major types of protein supplements out there and the pro cons? Such as concentrate being cheap but maybe it has a lower bioavailability. Also when are different types more beneficial in the day's diet time-wise? Thanks for all the help youve provided to us.
                -Tan
                I just glanced over an article in Mus-Mag that reviews a few different types of Pro-Powders. That might help you some
                "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

• Massive G
                  Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Livestrong77
                  Here's mine,
                  This is when I'm working dayshifts at work. MG, how would you suggest I change things when I'm on nightshift? Or simply just keep things the same? On day shift, I lift around 6 - 6:30PM, and on night shift, I lift around 1 or 2PM On my days off, I'm lifting mid morning.

Thanks for looking, any help is always appreciated
                  My changes and comments are below-
                  I don't like a lot of liquid meals I think solid food is best, if it is a powder used as a replacement for a meal my choice would be team skip blend with EVOO added, not the added vitamins they are cheap and effective. If you don't add the powdered muscle I'd get some creatine to add it in at 10 grams daily another cheap and effective supplement.

Concerning the rotating shifts, simply switch your meals around meal 1 will be when you wake-I generally like to get 3 solid pro carb meals in before I ever train so you can look at it like that 3 solid pro carb meals then a shake then train then powo shake then eat the solid meals cut carbs before sleepy time and take the long acting protein before bed and you should be good to go.

6 eggs over easy or scrambled in EVOO
                  Oatmeal with splenda maple syrup
                  supp doses.
                  Multivitamin mineral tab Vitamin D caps 2000 iu's and E caps 400 iu's Vitamin C tabs 2000mgs plus your daily dose of fish oil 6 caps

baked pot or rice

Rice or Pot

Team skip blend protein with EVOO or
                  Tuna with olive oil mayo-
                  or tuna and rice

I'd add powdered muscle here 1 scoop

same as meal 3

Meal 8 (pre-bed)

Team skip 50 grams protein with EVOO
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

• Massive G
                    Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by chris.tan
                    -Tan
                    Chris I prefer to use a blend like Team Skip from true protein if am upping the protein like the old days. Most guys take in whey and EFA's as a meal and I have never really liked that. You won't find any cheaply made diluted proteins at True Protein but obviously the price differences indicate the more quality wheys.
                    I prefer a blend of egg, casein and whey protein in equal portions, around 50 grams per shake with EVOO.

I love pepto pro-bout 10 grams in a pwerade does me right, I know it's expensive but the best protein out there.
                    Hope that helps some...let me know if you need more tips or info.
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

• Logtrog
                      • Apr 2010

I learned quite a bit after reading 10 pages Thanks!

Comment

• Livestrong77
                        Bantamweight Member
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Massive G
                        My changes and comments are below-
                        I don't like a lot of liquid meals I think solid food is best, if it is a powder used as a replacement for a meal my choice would be team skip blend with EVOO added, not the added vitamins they are cheap and effective. If you don't add the powdered muscle I'd get some creatine to add it in at 10 grams daily another cheap and effective supplement.

Concerning the rotating shifts, simply switch your meals around meal 1 will be when you wake-I generally like to get 3 solid pro carb meals in before I ever train so you can look at it like that 3 solid pro carb meals then a shake then train then powo shake then eat the solid meals cut carbs before sleepy time and take the long acting protein before bed and you should be good to go.

6 eggs over easy or scrambled in EVOO
                        Oatmeal with splenda maple syrup
                        supp doses.
                        Multivitamin mineral tab Vitamin D caps 2000 iu's and E caps 400 iu's Vitamin C tabs 2000mgs plus your daily dose of fish oil 6 caps

baked pot or rice

Rice or Pot

Team skip blend protein with EVOO or
                        Tuna with olive oil mayo-
                        or tuna and rice

same as meal 3

Meal 8 (pre-bed)

Team skip 50 grams protein with EVOO
                        Thanks for taking the time to review my diet MG, I appreciate it. I will make the adjustments as per what you suggested. Also, you say to take 6 fish oil caps with meal one instead of throughout the day? I am currently using Creatine mono, 5grams before my workout and 5 grams post
                        Last edited by Livestrong77; 07-23-2010, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• tms1978
                          Lightweight Member
                          • Mar 2008

bump
                          Not just making up the numbers

Comment

• Webber91
                            • Nov 2010

I wouldn't be too concerned with what type of powder to use to be honest...just get a good blend, no need for a pure isolate.

Comment

• Lock it Up
                              Intense Muscle Competitor
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Webber91
                              I wouldn't be too concerned with what type of powder to use to be honest...just get a good blend, no need for a pure isolate.
                              It's a year old post. He probably figured it out! LOL

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                              -1st Heavyweight Gi
                              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

• jetweb
                                • Oct 2011

very good..
                                "Live life to the fullest" pilot jobs

Comment

Working...