Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
NemesisLQ

Contest Prep

what's the best time to start your prep? I was thinking about competing for the first time after I finish my second bulk. I started working out 2 years ago. I bulked from 155 to 196, cut from 196 to 175 (in 90 days) and now I'm bulking back up. I'm hanging around 188-190 right now. (13-15 lbs in 5 months). Is 13-15 lbs too little for 5 months of bulking? I consistently track my calories, and I've hit my macros every single day for 5 months. I was told that with how much weight i've gained there's very little muscle tissue. What are you guys thought on this? any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks guys!
NemesisLQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

It depends more on your condition and the amount of muscle you are carrying. I would almost have to see pics to be able to tell you, but I typically want somewhere between 16-20 weeks for a prep phase with my clients. If they are already very lean, I can drop that down to 14-ish weeks but I don't like to.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote