IH, MG chime in here-IM a little or i should say alot-ALARMED BY WHAT IM SEEING HERE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VA Maddog
    • Mar 2004

JP - I'm glad to read that Dante is ok with your posts and the way that you try to respond to reasonable questions. Right from the start you were helpful to me and good at clarifying a few of the things that can be a little confusing. Thanks!

Without you, IH, Massive G and a few others being willing to answer reasonable questions there would be no purpose in this forum. Of course knowing that Dante will also chime in when he feels it is appropriate to add something is the icing on the cake.

I'm not one of the guys in this to get to 300 lbs. But I can tell you that it has been the best program that I have followed in the past 10 years since getting serious about BBing. I have only made modest gains compared to some here, but they have been better gains than I have ever seen before over the same timeframe, and at least for me they have come without much if any increase in bf levels. My biggest issue now is working around a quirky shoulder and elbow, otherwise I really like how the program has worked for me.

I do agree with Dante when he says that most (not all but most) younger lifters are not ready yet for DCing and don't have the experience yet to really be in tune with their efforts in the gym. It takes many years of serious training and nutrition to get to the point where you understand enough about yourself and the sport to be able to push limits with a positive result.

Thanks to everyone here who answers reasonable questions and who shares their own experiences with the DC program. You are all a great help for someone who is learning and trying to get it right. Who says that you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I'm learning a lot from this forum.
    VA Maddog

Comment

• BigDownUnder
      Intense Muscle Vet
      • Apr 2004

hmm
      I feel as though I may have stepped over the line in a recent post which I made with some general advice on post workout meal #1.
      I have copied and pasted posts made by Dante & other knowledgeable people since this all started over at Animal's board (and subsequently spread like bushfire to other boards).
      Some of the info has become outdated & I have made changes accordingly.
      I understand that this is not a cookie cutter program, changes must be made with respect to splits, exercise selection, rep ranges, carb cutoffs, cardio, diet etc which only Dante & Inhuman fully understand.
      I apologize if I have given out any advice which I should not have given.
      My only intention was to help someone out who obviously was on the wrong track, ie using sugar post workout.
      I know that those who have been trained and are currently being trained by DC or IH have their hands tied and cannot give out any info about diet or any other info which was intended for their eyes only.
      The info which I have collected over the years comes from public forums and as such I did not believe that there would be any problem in passing it on to others in need.
      I guess sometimes it is better to sit back & learn rather than to offer help and cause problems.
      Once again, sorry to DC, IH & any of their trainees, past or present, who I may have offended or confused with one of my posts.
      Last edited by BigDownUnder; 01-23-2005, 08:23 PM.
      "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
      DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
      for a 5% Discount
      :wavey:

Comment

• jimpaul
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
        well sometimes even my quotes wont be universal but I feel it will be the closest "for the masses" I can get. Example:both Dave Henry and I have that same upper inner thigh weakness that the majority of people dont get, but for some reason for both of us, squats, hacks, and leg presses for years and years just didnt take care of the problem. I wrote that I have him doing them every leg workout for 20-30rp and I do them every leg workout the same. Almost everyone else in this forum will never have to do these, but that one post opened a can of worms and I think Raoul was pissed off because it belied what I previously said about the "must do" principle alot of people have. Thats one of those situations where I think "oh oh this is going to screw things up" when I start writing about it.
        I feel that no matter, how meticulous anyone tries to be with their writings, that there are going to be individuals who just may have to look for adjustments/changes in their particular cases.
        Not because they necessarily feel that you are wrong, moreso because of things such as schedules,
        bad/problematic areas...such as a bad back, food allergies, etc. Hell, I know I gave you enough screwed up variables to fix with me......and of course you came thru like noone else could!
        I'm talking about real issues, not, "Well in my vast experience of the last week and a half...." bullshit.

I realize that NOONE can make the necessary adjustments that YOU can to resolve all issues concerning the powerbuilder!! :dcchomp:
        That is again why it is always best for people to look towards YOU for answers!!

I still have to look thru the advice you personally gave me because I still screw up to this day. I realize that, then I fix it, then I move on. No big deal. Life's too short!

Besides we all know if you come up with anything better, you are always gracious enough to share....

Thanks as always Dante
        jim
        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
        Good luck
        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
        SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
        TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

• USMuscle9403
          Banned
          • Apr 2004

BigDownUnder I don't think he's talking about guys like you. There have been a few guys that Dante trained that have leaked information out onto the boards. If Dante has trained you and you are not 100% sure what you are about to say in regards to diet is on the boards,d on't say it. However, if the stuff is on the net already you can discuss it all you want.

Comment

• Doggcrapp
            Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
            • Feb 2004

Big it had nothing to do with you at all
            IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

• BigDownUnder
              Intense Muscle Vet
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
              BigDownUnder I don't think he's talking about guys like you. There have been a few guys that Dante trained that have leaked information out onto the boards. If Dante has trained you and you are not 100% sure what you are about to say in regards to diet is on the boards,d on't say it. However, if the stuff is on the net already you can discuss it all you want.
              Yes, I'm well aware that trainee's have leaked info onto the net which should never have been posted on a public forum.
              I accidentally posted a former trainee's diet (with some modifications) here some time ago - I deleted that post as soon as I was made aware by DC that it was privileged info intended only for that trainee.
              So not necessarily all info on the net can be passed on, but I appreciate what you are saying.
              "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
              for a 5% Discount

Comment

• BigDownUnder
                Intense Muscle Vet
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                Big it had nothing to do with you at all
                Thanks for clearing that up DC.

If I do step over the line, just give me a big swift kick up the a$$.
                But I'm sure that you don't need me to tell you that.

DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
                for a 5% Discount

Comment

• BigDownUnder
                  Intense Muscle Vet
                  • Apr 2004

Actually DC, I can send you the info which I have collected over the years as I feel it may be of assistance to newbies.
                  It covers all of the basics of DC training in a nutshell, which means that most could easily read it in one sitting.
                  If you feel it would be of any help, let me know & and I will send it off to you.

DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
                  for a 5% Discount

Comment

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
                    Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011
                    • May 2004

BUMP! Read from the very first post.
                    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• Lord Red Snake
                      • May 2005

Great thread. I learned the hard way that this program is for bodybuilding and only bodybuilding. I tried throwing in some other recreational activities a few times while blasting, things like rock climbing and gymnastics (used to be a gymnast years ago). I had to stop them pretty quickly because I just didn't have the energy or recovery ability to deal with another physically taxing activity.

I felt kind of disappointed at first because of the limitation, but when I realized it was because I'm pushing my body as hard as I can in the gym I was satisfied. If you want to be a monster you're going to have to dedicate yourself 100% to that end.

Comment

• dellsguy67
                        Intense Muscle Vet
                        • Mar 2005

another good thread for the new bunch coming in...
                        To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
                        --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
                        - Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
                        "Consistency can take you a long way"
                        - Homonunculus

Comment

• chunky34
                          Lightweight Member
                          • Jan 2005

We can'T say you're not right about the 16-20 years old. Im one of them and with advice of others, I recently quit dc and when into a basic powerlifter program.

As for the hybrid comment, anyway you can't perform well in your sports with a dc training because 1st legs won't recover, and 2nd dc training don't help with speed-agility aspect of the game. I will even say that dc training will make you slower. Yes you will gain a good deal of strength, absolute strength but kiss your explosive strength, power good bye (no offense, but I think it's the case, if I speak my own experiences of last year).

Good luck on kicking noob asses out of here. Since last week, Im only lurking around here, and posting about general questions, like what are your goals for this year in the powerlifting section for example.
                          God Bless,
                          aiming for a lean 3.5 lbs per inch! Now - 3.38 @ 13%
                          True protein discount code : JFA999

Comment

• nextteen
                            Lightweight Member
                            • Jun 2005

I don't really agree with you there. Yes, I am 19. Yes, I do DC training. But I have added 51 lbs. to my frame in 8 months. My lifts are skyrocketing weekly.
                            SNB120 = my discount code. I'm at $150 (halfway home) so please help a brother out.

Comment

• rockdaddy
                              Middleweight Member
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by nextteen
                              I don't really agree with you there. Yes, I am 19. Yes, I do DC training. But I have added 51 lbs. to my frame in 8 months. My lifts are skyrocketing weekly.
                              you are an exception to the normal. of course there are always exceptions, nothing is 100% accurate all the time.
                              "Do you really think that eating 3000 calories with 225 grams of protein and doing the Weider 'confusion training principle' to keep your body offguard will somehow magically make your 175lbs into 250lbs of rock granite monstrosity? ...Get your act together and think this all out or quit your complaining and dreaming and take up tennis." -Dante

New to the art that is DoggCrapp? This thread should get you started: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=16023

Comment

• homonunculus
                                Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
                                Admin
                                • Feb 2004

Bump.

-R
                                The Book Has Arrived!
                                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...