IH, MG chime in here-IM a little or i should say alot-ALARMED BY WHAT IM SEEING HERE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LG1
    Super-heavyweight Member
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by steel1970
    i agree....i've done my share of reading here at im, but i don't recall being in this thread before.....it absolutely should be a sticky.....alot of good info in here....
    x2
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

• September12th
      • May 2012

Originally posted by mentalflex
      Is the question you are asking what you should do to do develop proper squat form? If so, to develop proper squat form, squat, and if you have to, video yourself and see how it looks. You aren't going to learn without doing....

As for hacks and machines, they will help you develop your legs, but they are not the same as doing free weight squats. You won't develop the core stability and coordination required with free weight squats just by using machines.

Bottom line is, if you want to get a big squat, squat.

P.S. - Elkridge, MD? Where do you train at? I'm in the area.
      I train at Lifetime Fitness primarily but sometimes I tend to pop up at the Colosseum. Where do you train? My goal is to develop good squat form and develop legs and core since they are required for me to achieve a high enough squat to pack on some further muscle on my overall frame. I think my squats going up will play a big factor in the road to 200 lbs. I've been trying to do squats both on free weights in the gym and at home on my smith (I do more front squats at home). What I've been doing to try to develop squats lately is to do hacks and leg press around my squats either in pre-exhaustive manner (machines before squats) or squats first thing. I also use leg extensions, and curls every leg day and on my other leg day I do some variation of deadlifts and some variation of good mornings.

Comment

• mentalflex
        ISOM Winner February 2012
        • May 2009

Originally posted by September12th
        I train at Lifetime Fitness primarily but sometimes I tend to pop up at the Colosseum. Where do you train? My goal is to develop good squat form and develop legs and core since they are required for me to achieve a high enough squat to pack on some further muscle on my overall frame. I think my squats going up will play a big factor in the road to 200 lbs. I've been trying to do squats both on free weights in the gym and at home on my smith (I do more front squats at home). What I've been doing to try to develop squats lately is to do hacks and leg press around my squats either in pre-exhaustive manner (machines before squats) or squats first thing. I also use leg extensions, and curls every leg day and on my other leg day I do some variation of deadlifts and some variation of good mornings.
        I train at either of the two Gold's in Glen Burnie/Brooklyn area.

Heavy compound movements (and pushing yourself to your limit) + A lot of good quality food = Growth

Go heavy, go hard and put in work at the dinner table.

Start a new thread and post up your stats and goals, as this thread will likley become a sticky and we don't wan to get it cluttered with too much.

Welcome to IM!
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

• robecru
          • Apr 2015

Here's what I don't understand...and I've been reading posts all day (won't have a chance for 12 days when we go out to sea) someone PLEASE enlighten me. What is THE proper meaning of intensity. (I don't have a partner so bare with me) If I can bench press 250lbs with good form for 7 reps then struggle but manage to get an 8th one in. Then RP for a good 15-20 seconds then bust out 2 more with good form and struggle with the 3rd, then RP again then bust out one proper rep but arms are shaking like crazy. Is that not intensity? To me, that was a very intense set...how does that differ from the advanced lifters who lift heavier weights. I don't understand why my lifting isn't considered intense. I think it is intense but on a much lower level than the advanced lifters. They're using 200-300lbs more than me but my set is intense for my level. Or am I just totally wrong in this? Perhaps I've missed the reasoning behind this. I just don't understand why the advanced lifters seem to have a monopoly on intensity.

Comment

• jimpaul
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by robecru
            Here's what I don't understand...and I've been reading posts all day (won't have a chance for 12 days when we go out to sea) someone PLEASE enlighten me. What is THE proper meaning of intensity. (I don't have a partner so bare with me) If I can bench press 250lbs with good form for 7 reps then struggle but manage to get an 8th one in. Then RP for a good 15-20 seconds then bust out 2 more with good form and struggle with the 3rd, then RP again then bust out one proper rep but arms are shaking like crazy. Is that not intensity? To me, that was a very intense set...how does that differ from the advanced lifters who lift heavier weights. I don't understand why my lifting isn't considered intense. I think it is intense but on a much lower level than the advanced lifters. They're using 200-300lbs more than me but my set is intense for my level. Or am I just totally wrong in this? Perhaps I've missed the reasoning behind this. I just don't understand why the advanced lifters seem to have a monopoly on intensity.
            Keep reading! Rest Pausing is 15 very deep breathes not 15-20 seconds. If it comes out to that time for you fine...but most don't time it. Do the best you can with your sets, that's all we can ask of you!
            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

• u2pride
              • Apr 2017

I'm reading a lot of stuff: very interesting!!!

Comment

• nanfangbuddha
                • Oct 2016

read as much as you can
                yes a lot is very very interesting

Comment

Working...