Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > TEAM SKIP > Skip's World > Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals

Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals All journals related to Skip's own training for off season, contest prep and just daily journaling over the last 10 years.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #101
Pheedno
Intense Muscle Competitor

Digging the log, Skip. Forgive if I missed but, have you listed what the SCGS is? I went back through the fts logs but didn't see the specific compounds.

Interesting find on the fat burner. As I told you before, I love you putting this to a detailed test, with every variable controlled. I know people have used this during preps but no one, myself included outside of prep, has ever documented findings on this specifically. That I've seen, anyway.

I have always loaded on the weekends with it but usually cutting cals too much during the week to ever be full. Water logged was the norm, after loading or end of the week at the most depleted state. I never did bother to think about consuming more water beyond my usual intake to overcome that, as the intake was already ramped up for the supplement.
6 days has been the round about time it takes to shed the water retention but I can imagine ramping water intake, even more so with the compound tapering out, could really offer an awesome transfer from extracellular water back intra.
Pheedno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #102
Sammich
Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheedno View Post
Digging the log, Skip. Forgive if I missed but, have you listed what the SCGS is? I went back through the fts logs but didn't see the specific compounds.
Southern California Genealogical Society
Southern Singapore Girl's School
Sugarcane Grassy Shoot Disease
Old 04-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #103
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

The SCGS compound is insulin. I can't mention it in my EliteFTS logs so I am cryptic.

Glad you enjoy the information. I will be detailing everything in the DVD,
as well.

I have dropped a ton of water so far and it is only Thursday.
It is crazy how fast my condition has changed.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheedno View Post

Interesting find on the fat burner. As I told you before, I love you putting this to a detailed test, with every variable controlled. I know people have used this during preps but no one, myself included outside of prep, has ever documented findings on this specifically. That I've seen, anyway.

I have always loaded on the weekends with it but usually cutting cals too much during the week to ever be full. Water logged was the norm, after loading or end of the week at the most depleted state. I never did bother to think about consuming more water beyond my usual intake to overcome that, as the intake was already ramped up for the supplement.
6 days has been the round about time it takes to shed the water retention but I can imagine ramping water intake, even more so with the compound tapering out, could really offer an awesome transfer from extracellular water back intra.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:42 AM   #104
Ken "Skip" Hill

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-logs/158009/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #105
doug1
Light-heavyweight Member

Maybe time to ditch the scale? Let the mirror be your total guide. You've been doing this long enough to know....
doug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #106
Ken "Skip" Hill

I'm not worried about the scale. I just need to get leaner.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #107
Ken "Skip" Hill

Wednesday, April 12th, 2017

I have made the decision to add to my TRT dosing. This was not an easy decision simply because things were going very, very well with the prep while only on TRT but ... I am starting to struggle with holding muscle as I force my skin thinner and I cannot help but think as good as everything has gone to this point that I will be better off in the end by adding to my TRT. I have not committed to a specific show or shows so I am roughly 8 weeks/10 weeks and 12 weeks out from any of the 3 shows I may do. I feel that adding to my TRT for this short of a duration is not going to jeopardize my health as I will obviously reset after the shows, come off, and let my blood numbers reset and then go on TRT again like I have done for over 4 years.

I am not "stepping on the gas" or going balls out. I am currently on 225mg of test for TRT and I am simply going to add 200mg per week of EQ and 15mg of anavar twice a day - that's it. Now, you might not think that is all that much and it isn't but because this is technically going to push my blood levels past 1200 (normal and acceptable range for TRT dosing), I cannot consider this TRT dosing, anymore, obviously. That would be misleading.

You might also think that I won't benefit that much from this small change but I disagree because I have been TRT for so long and responded so well that I feel strongly that I will respond SO well to this change that I will be satisfied staying at this dosing and not wanting to consider going up from there. This is a game of health for me - not necessarily winning a show so all I want to do is be the best that I can be and still be making healthy, responsible decisions and I feel I am doing that even with this change.

Full disclosure is that I made this change on Sunday and I am already seeing the benefits visually which surprised me. I am leaner this week but that is due to the diet and cardio but what I have noticed is that my skin is tighter because my muscle is fuller and I look quite a bit different, of which I am very happy about considering it has only been 4 days.

My weight bottomed out last week at 205 and that was part of the reason that I made this decision. I knew I would not weigh close to what I weighed on stage when I was gassed but last week it really hit me that I have competed at 205 before and I am nowhere near that right now as far as conditioning or size (obviously) and so part of the decision to add to my TRT was so that I could have a better chance of still ending up with a final product (physique) that I am happy with. I am quite confident that this small change will yield the results I am looking for and have me happy with the outcome in the end.

My weight this week is holding, so far, and I anticipate that I may still be around 205 this weekend but quite a bit tighter. It is possible that the weight will go up, of course, but the change in condition may off set that.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #108
doug1
Light-heavyweight Member

Excellent, thanks for the transparency. Sounds like a great plan. Any lethargy from the anavar? The wife doesn't read this, so she can't get pissed if she doesn't know you are taking naps while she is at work, haha.
Also, sorry if you already said, but is there any GH in the mix?
Thanks
Old 04-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #109
Yeah Buddy

Ken, From starting to now how much has your diet changed?

Would you list your macros while starting to what they are now?

Thanks
Yeah Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #110
Ken "Skip" Hill

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-logs/81012-weeks-out/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #111
Ken "Skip" Hill

I list all of that information in detail in the TRTbodybuilding DVD in the diet sections where I contrast my prep diet vs. my off season diet. It is a dramatic change and also was the main reason for a dramatic change in condition-
size and leanness - from off season to prep.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Buddy View Post
Ken, From starting to now how much has your diet changed?

Would you list your macros while starting to what they are now?

Thanks

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #112
Ken "Skip" Hill

Only MK677, no gh.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1 View Post
Excellent, thanks for the transparency. Sounds like a great plan. Any lethargy from the anavar? The wife doesn't read this, so she can't get pissed if she doesn't know you are taking naps while she is at work, haha.
Also, sorry if you already said, but is there any GH in the mix?
Thanks

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #113
doug1
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Only MK677, no gh.

Skip
oh, ok, sounds like a special gun only issued to the military. lol

thanks BTW
Old 04-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #114
doug1
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Good article, be sure to post pics of the ride, meals and Mrs Skip. Lol, just kidding about the wife. Have fun this weekend.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:12 AM   #115
Ken "Skip" Hill

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...t-falling-off/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #116
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

hey Kenny-

love your journal when you are prepping...the day-to-day stuff and transparency make them a really fun read for somebody that's prepped several times. TBH it makes me want to prep and not for the ego boost of getting shredded and certainly not for the day of the show but because as I read thru your journey I remember the whole "science lab" feel of it and love the feeling of seeing things change and trying to stay one step ahead of my body. Its cool to put your hypothesis to the test, sometimes I tried things and they didn't work and sometimes they did and my body reacted how I thought it would....

thanks for all of the above.

if you've never done it, I don't care how many years you've "been big" or trained hard you don't know.
'15-USPA Metro
'15-USPA State
'15-AAU HI
'14-AAU HI
'14-USPA Metro
'14-WABDL Sonny's
'14-USPA State
'14-HI Strongman
'13-USPA
'13-WABDL Sonny's
'13-USPA State
'13-AAU HI
'11-USPA Metro
'10-NPC Stingrey
'09-NPC Islands
'09-NPC Stingrey
'09-ABA Islands
'02-ABA Islands
'02-ABA IronWorks
'01-NPC Paradise Cup
'01-ABA Olympia
'01-ABA Islands
'00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
'00-INBF Musclefest
'98-NGA Ill
'98-INBF Ohio

Last edited by trucelt; 04-19-2017 at 03:42 PM.
trucelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #117
Ken "Skip" Hill

If I am being honest, I am really enjoying prepping again.
I thought it would kind of suck being TRT and a constant reminder that I am not going to be as big, etc.. However, it is just really nice to be back in the "problem solving" realm and back in the deep end.

I don't need to do it often but ... I need to do it.

Thanks for following my journal.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucelt View Post
hey Kenny-

love your journal when you are prepping...the day-to-day stuff and transparency make them a really fun read for somebody that's prepped several times. TBH it makes me want to prep and not for the ego boost of getting shredded and certainly not for the day of the show but because as I read thru your journey I remember the whole "science lab" feel of it and love the feeling of seeing things change and trying to stay one step ahead of my body. Its cool to put your hypothesis to the test, sometimes I tried things and they didn't work and sometimes they did and my body reacted how I thought it would....

thanks for all of the above.

if you've never done it, I don't care how many years you've "been big" or trained hard you don't know.

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #118
SadButTrue
Lightweight Member

Really enjoying the journal Skip. Lots of great info and I respect how honest and transparent you are with everything.

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante
SadButTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:14 AM   #119
Ken "Skip" Hill

Thank you.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadButTrue View Post
Really enjoying the journal Skip. Lots of great info and I respect how honest and transparent you are with everything.

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #120
SadButTrue
Lightweight Member

Are you using research chems now that Chem1 is gone Skip? Or have you gone back to more traditional sources?

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante
SadButTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #121
Ken "Skip" Hill

www.buyresearchliquids.com

Use my discount code SKIP and get 40% off.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadButTrue View Post
Are you using research chems now that Chem1 is gone Skip? Or have you gone back to more traditional sources?

For Training Inquiries:

Old 04-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #122
Ken "Skip" Hill

Update for the week!

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...eks-like-this/

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old Today, 01:15 PM   #123
trucelt
IM Moderator and Intense Muscle Competitor

I cant believe how fast you are back to baseline....
'15-USPA Metro
'15-USPA State
'15-AAU HI
'14-AAU HI
'14-USPA Metro
'14-WABDL Sonny's
'14-USPA State
'14-HI Strongman
'13-USPA
'13-WABDL Sonny's
'13-USPA State
'13-AAU HI