• Feb 2004

My show this last weekend (with video)

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend
  • homonunculus
    Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

Great Blog, Ken and great perspective. Looks like you had a good time up there on stage (after they got you guys going)...

I was wondering - shouldn't the judge have asked everyone to adjust their package to the left somewhere during his connect the dots instructions on how to hit a rear double biceps?... LOL

Thanks for sharing, Bud.

-Scott
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

• GazM
      Intense Muscle Competitor
      • Jul 2010

Thanks for posting Skip & well done!

Comment

• jvandemo
        Intense Muscle Staff
        • Jan 2008

Wow, that is great news, Skip ! Awesome accomplishment !!

It seems like you are achieving all your goals in life... not only on the bodybuilding side... and that really deserves respect in my book !!

Good luck on the seminar too !!
        True Protein 5% discount code: JVM902

What we do in life... echoes in eternity !

Comment

• ONCE AGAIN
          Bantamweight Member
          • Feb 2009

"I’m a heavyweight, bitches. It just took 28 years."

skip is one funny MF...
          "If you are the guy on the drive home from work or school thinking
          "oh man leg day is in 2 days, I'm already starting to get nervous but I can't wait!".....
          then welcome to DC training."

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
            Judge, Jury and Executioner
            Admin
            • Feb 2004

Homonun: Dave gets a bit detailed with the way he wants the back double bi to go. lol

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Knickerbocker24

Congrads & thanks for sharing. You had some interesting perspective in there. Do you find that your comfort level with competing takes away at all from the excitement since you have so much experience? BTW my favorite part of the blog...

"At the end of the day I drug my 4th place open trophy and my 2nd place masters trophy home with my kids and my wife to my beautiful home driving in my big yellow tractor and I went out with friends that came out to support me instead of friends that want to hang out with me because I am some faux internet celebrity."

Comment

• Ivan Danko
                • Apr 2010

From watching the video it seemed like the crowd was really excited and into it. That's got to pump you up, up there!

Comment

• homonunculus
                  Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
                  Admin
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill
                  Homonun: Dave gets a bit detailed with the way he wants the back double bi to go. lol

Skip
                  No shit... (That's cool and all, but it doesn't give me a lot of faith in the judging if the judges can't compare physiques even when the pose is not hit identically by each competitor... He's removing a certain amount of the "presentation" portion of the judging when the competitor can't present in his / her best light within the confines of the pose itself. I always adjust the package before that pose, so I'd have been all thrown off by those instructions... )

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

• Shelby Starnes
                    IFBB PRO
                    • Feb 2005

^biggest parenthetical clause ever

Well done Skip

Comment

• AWN2004
                      • Apr 2008

I always forget how good your legs always look! Good shit Skip, good shit!
                      AZ State Championships 2005
                      AZ Western Regional 2009
                      AZ State Championships 2010
                      2012 - Coming to a stage shortly....

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                        Admin
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24
                        Congrads & thanks for sharing. You had some interesting perspective in there. Do you find that your comfort level with competing takes away at all from the excitement since you have so much experience? BTW my favorite part of the blog...

"At the end of the day I drug my 4th place open trophy and my 2nd place masters trophy home with my kids and my wife to my beautiful home driving in my big yellow tractor and I went out with friends that came out to support me instead of friends that want to hang out with me because I am some faux internet celebrity."
                        I don't think it is as much a comfort level that takes away from it all as much as the day just sucks with being covered in tan stain, oil, the backstage wreaks of B.O., people are bitchy and it always is 100 fucking degrees as it was this last Saturday, too. All we did was sweat none stop all day long even without being under the lights. It is the most exhausting day even after getting a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

I also think that it is just flat out boring. lol There is no suspense or drama. It is very predictable.

I think the main issue for me is that I don't need the stage and that part of it. I actually hate doing the routine at the night show but can deal with comparisons without much problem, at all. I like the prep part of it. I like the daily dieting and training and structure of it all and how I feel most of the time - being leaner and lighter even if I have to give up some strength. I like the way I look on a day to day basis. I honestly could prep for 52 weeks a year and like it - I am fucking weird like that. Dieting or prepping is therapy for me.

Skip

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                          Admin
                          • Feb 2004

Thank you Awn and Shelby and everyone for the kind words.

Skip

Comment

• theroymccoy
                            Heavyweight Member
                            • Jul 2007

Maybe you guys can try this (assuming you don't already know it of course)

A cool trick with competitions my uncle talked about is to keep a cooler/ziplock bag of ice water with a hand towel inside. Wring it out and wrap it around your neck and it helps keep you fresh and feeling vibrant with all that heat and stress. Doesn't mess up the pro tan, neither.

Thanks for the vid Skip, good shit.
                            Max Muscle
                            5020 Katella Ave.
                            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

• Pheedno
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill
                              I think the main issue for me is that I don't need the stage and that part of it. I actually hate doing the routine at the night show but can deal with comparisons without much problem, at all. I like the prep part of it. I like the daily dieting and training and structure of it all and how I feel most of the time - being leaner and lighter even if I have to give up some strength. I like the way I look on a day to day basis. I honestly could prep for 52 weeks a year and like it - I am fucking weird like that. Dieting or prepping is therapy for me.

Skip
                              This is my exact sentiments on it.

Comment

Working...