Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Preventative Measures-health news > SYSTEMS OF MEDICINE

SYSTEMS OF MEDICINE Oxygen therapies, bioelectromagnetics, ultraviolet blood irradiation, herbal medicine, acupuncture, homeopathy, naturopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, chelation, light, sound and energy medicine, and a whole lot more.....

Old 02-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
Ephedranator

Dmso

Has anyone used, or does anyone have knowledge of using Dimethyl Sulfaoxide as an antioxidant/anti inflamitory?

Got milk? Nope, but I got 200mph on the dash
Ephedranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
5luke2
Banned

ive heard of several people using it on sore joints
5luke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:22 AM   #3
SuperSport
Heavyweight Member

Yes, I know a little about it. One of the MD offices that i frequent uses it in alot of conditions like 'autoimmune' disorders and pain. They have extremely good results with it in an intravenous injection.

I would not recommend trying that on your own, nor would I recommend trying it on the skin as it acts as a transdermal and will likely drag whatever contaminants and impurities it can find into your body.

See an alternative or holistic practicing doctor.

Here is a forum loaded to the gills with all things DMSO. Everything from toxicology and safety to therapuetic uses.

http://www.proactivehealthnet.com/he...play.php?f=193

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
threewhitelight

I know this is a super old post, but I had great luck using DMSO as a transdermal along with crushed Ibuprofen to heal a torn quadratus lumborum the past few weeks.

I tore my QL as a result of a malfunctioning hip flexor shifting my SI joint out of place (at least according to the PT), had the hip flexor fixed manually and was doing high rep workouts to get blood into the back for about a week when an older powerlifter recommended DMSO to me. Burned like hell, stank like bigfoot's dick, but the inflammation went down almost immediately and the muscle recovered a lot faster than I thought.

I started out using it 2-3 times per day with crushed Ibuprofen. I cleaned my back meticulously, dissolved the ibuprofen in the dmso, and applied it with a cotton ball. After it dried, I wrapped it with saran plastic wrap, put on a compression garment (one of those "slimming" belts to keep it warm and compressed) and then put on my shirt. Cut back to once a day after about a week.
threewhitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
SuperSport
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewhitelight View Post
I know this is a super old post, but I had great luck using DMSO as a transdermal along with crushed Ibuprofen to heal a torn quadratus lumborum the past few weeks.

I tore my QL as a result of a malfunctioning hip flexor shifting my SI joint out of place (at least according to the PT), had the hip flexor fixed manually and was doing high rep workouts to get blood into the back for about a week when an older powerlifter recommended DMSO to me. Burned like hell, stank like bigfoot's dick, but the inflammation went down almost immediately and the muscle recovered a lot faster than I thought.

I started out using it 2-3 times per day with crushed Ibuprofen. I cleaned my back meticulously, dissolved the ibuprofen in the dmso, and applied it with a cotton ball. After it dried, I wrapped it with saran plastic wrap, put on a compression garment (one of those "slimming" belts to keep it warm and compressed) and then put on my shirt. Cut back to once a day after about a week.
What did you do about the Dracula breath?

Glad to read you got some relief.

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #6
Jsull36

its a great carrier for topicals too i believe, long as you dont mind the smell
Jsull36 is offline   Reply With Quote