• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doberman
    Advertising Manager / Intense Muscle Competitor
    • May 2006

Mountain Dog Intense Interviews

Good info and some crazy intense training...beware

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idg_qzlxHLQ&list=UUo4BRIhT84V3HYrZhwF4NVw& index=1&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ
  • AndrewGpv03
    Lightweight Member
    • Dec 2007

Excellent!

Comment

• Doberman
      Advertising Manager / Intense Muscle Competitor
      • May 2006

The warm ups in this workout alone are tough. John might want to chime in, but I believe they hit about 8 sets of leg curls to start off, then got into the squats which also consisted of plenty of warm ups sets. I have to comment about this because in my youth I would have thought that you'd be short changing your quads. Not the case. You can see from DC training, where hams are trained first, that this is a productive way to structure a leg workout. Also, it is much safer than warming up the knees with leg extentions. With leg extentions you are actually making the knee weaker before you hit your heavy weights. By doing the leg curl you are warming up the joint, pumping the hams, and providing a cushion for when you squat heavy. This is done with much less torque on the knee joint.

I think this is what some people that have training systems are talking about when they say there is a misconception about their workouts being low volume. If you watched the entire workout you would focus on these intense final sets and you might disregard all the work that proceeded it. We had to edit this down (By the way thanks to Red Skull for his great editing skills) so we didn't include the warm ups.

Hope you guys enjoy. Also, try to listen (Due to the music the audio isn't always the best) for some of John's pointers. It's good stuff.
      1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
      2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
      2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
      2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
      2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
      2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

• View 1
        Bantamweight Member
        • Jun 2006

Great video Doberman thanks for putting this together for us here at IM. I did not realize the video would be so long, but thats a good thing cause John gives great tips threw out the whole video.

Comment

Working...