X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken Skip Hill
    Judge, Jury and Executioner
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

You were being a dick because you quoted me as if saying that I need to just sit back and answer your questions, ad nauseum. You are now back-pedaling but that is fine. I had my rant and I am over it. You were also stating that the body can't absorb or use more than 60g of carbs in an hour in a forum where I am discussing sometimes eating 10 times that. You didn't ask a question when you stated the "number" of 60 grams, you were making a statement. Even if you are going to fuck with me and be subtle about it, it still will irritate me and I don't miss even the small things like that.

My point is that you were driving me up the fucking wall with your numbers. You can't hold a baseline number against me because the baseline is only one component of my Skipload and we were obviously talking about numbers relative to macros and calories. So, not a great comparison. Again, if people have questions, that is fine. However, I will not justify or sell you or anyone else on my methods. They stand on their own.

I deal with a LOT of clients from a LOT of different countries and I don't have the "communication problems" that we seem to have. I tend to think it is more a clash of personalities than it is that we don't understand each other.

Anyway, if you now have your question answered we can all move on now.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• blackdog1996
      • Jun 2010

Inside:
      Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill
      You were being a dick because you quoted me as if saying that I need to just sit back and answer your questions, ad nauseum. Sorry, that was not my intention. As mentioned I didn't get the point clearly and now my question is answered.You are now back-pedaling but that is fine. I had my rant and I am over it. You were also stating that the body can't absorb or use more than 60g of carbs in an hour in a forum where I am discussing sometimes eating 10 times that. You didn't ask a question when you stated the "number" of 60 grams, you were making a statement. Yes, I made a statement. Others came in and gave statements as well, so I thought it would be ok. Regarding 60g carbs I was talking about bloodstream absorbtion (didn't include fructose here). I didn't know that you were discussing 10 times more. If you eat 600g carbs in one hour it just takes longer to absorb-like a traffic jam and bloating can appear. To avoid misunderstandings, I don't justify your methods, it's just my opinion.Even if you are going to fuck with me and be subtle about it, it still will irritate me and I don't miss even the small things like that.That was not my intention and I can explain everything I wrote.

My point is that you were driving me up the fucking wall with your numbers. You can't hold a baseline number against me because the baseline is only one component of my Skipload and we were obviously talking about numbers relative to macros and calories. So, not a great comparison. The comparison was a bit sarcastic. I think numbers were just overvalued due to my examples. A baseline is a number and the result of what you eat and/or drink. In g, cals, % or whatever-so numbers everywhere-but again- those numbers in % were and are no guidelines just a reference point. I said already that the answer "fat as low as you want to" is fine. Are there any numbers? No. Again, if people have questions, that is fine. However, I will not justify or sell you or anyone else on my methods. They stand on their own. Once again it was not my intention to justify your methods. It was also not my intention to get information others have to pay for. When I came up with other aspects like leptin f.e., I thought it's ok because for me that's part of an "in depth discussion". If I misenterpreted it, sorry for that.

I deal with a LOT of clients from a LOT of different countries and I don't have the "communication problems" that we seem to have. I tend to think it is more a clash of personalities than it is that we don't understand each other. Maybe, because I'm also used to give voice to my opinions, especially when it comes to "in depth discussions"

Anyway, if you now have your question answered we can all move on now.
      Yes it is and once again thank you very much.

Skip
      http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
      BNK573
      To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

• smookey
        Lightweight Member
        • Oct 2009

Skip - this shitshow aside I have been skiploading for 3 weeks and cant believe the changes my body is making - leaner in the mirror with no drop in scale weight. I started at 6 hours for the first 2 weeks and this last one was 8. I know you have heard it alot before but you are the man for helping me lose weight on pop tarts and bear paws.

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
          Admin
          • Feb 2004

Thank you.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Rocky
            Intense Muscle Competitor
            • Feb 2006

is it a bad idea to use fruit in your skipload? i have been slowly introducing fruit in my current diet even though some exprts say tha it replenishes live glycogen and that s "BAD", but i have noticed that i get fuller and drier when i have two servings of fruit on training days
            2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
            2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
              Admin
              • Feb 2004

Fruit on training days doesn't have anything to do with fruit in a Skipload, though.

I am not against it unless someone were going to rely on using a lot of it. In 2003 I actually used a LOT of fruit for weekly loads and it worked very well. However, I don't think it is as efficient as using processed carbs.

Skip

Comment

• steel1970
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by blackdog1996
                @ Skip:
                First of all thank you very much for taking your time to answer me. May I assure you that I'm not a dickheaded and that things don't have to be laid out in black and white for me.
                One of your first answers was:

I just didn't get your point here exactly. If you would have written "you can go with fat as low as you want to" I would have understood.
                When bbjeff86 came up with the expression "traces" I got it, as mentioned above.
                On the one hand you complain that I struggle to explain myself, then I'm doing it with examples to be precise and then you blame me for using numbers.
                Those were just examples to express something-not more and not less- that's not the way I handle things.
                Talking about baseline? Checking it before refeed and day by day after? What is a baseline? A number...except you have a weighing scale with letters telling you "too much" or equipped with a speaker telling you "Good morning, you have to add cardio" (just for your entertainment).
                Looking for gems? Well, I don't know if it's language related (again) in German language "in depth" is the opposite of "superficial".
                I came up with leptin for explaining the background-if it's all nonsense in your eyes (although proven by studies) I respect it-but please respect my opinion as well.
                Once again, thank you very much.

@Heckman:
                Well, meanwhile I can laugh about it as well. Dante put my PTS (Post Traumatic Syndrom) in bold. During posting there a lot of memories came back, I could hardly sleep, was very upset and then I started to post things that appear obviously weird or crazy. My problem was that I was misdiagnosed in 2007 and pumped up with with Neuroleptics in 2008 and 2009 instead of being treated. I was unable to talk for many months and unable to talk about what happened to me. I wrote down some of those things in 2008 and in the mentioned thread everything came out. I'm not ashamed of it and have hardly been mocked. Looking back it was like medicine for me although I know that the majority watching the thread from the sidelines can't understand.
                My chance to recover and be able to work again was diagnosed by 10% only and I'm glad that I made it-without any neuroleptics-and as you can see, my posts now are much different than that time.

@hw642:
                Overanalysing Europeans? Or do you mean over(anal)ysing?
                Especially a lot of Germans have analysing habits or attitudes. In a lot of cases I'm very proud of it. You know why? Our national budget had been that much overanalysed that everybody has a health insurance-unemployed or people depending on the social welfare even for free-sorry for offtopic.
                (This comment isn't meant to kick your nuts).
                Good GOD, my head is about to explode!! I didn't see this till today, and I am very entertained by all this. I am seriously disheartened though that Skip didn't hand you your ass much sooner and more drastically than he did....I am awaiting the severe ass rapeage he will be giving you soon so that I can be entertained some more...
                STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

• Rocky
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill
                  Fruit on training days doesn't have anything to do with fruit in a Skipload, though.

I am not against it unless someone were going to rely on using a lot of it. In 2003 I actually used a LOT of fruit for weekly loads and it worked very well. However, I don't think it is as efficient as using processed carbs.

Skip

well, if we really think about it fruit is high fructose corn syrup-free, gluten-free, aspartame-free, and very low-fat. looks to me ideal for skiploading based on what you said about what type of carbs are best (low-fat, HFCS-free, etc.)

Comment

• Rexer
                    Bantamweight Member
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rocky
                    well, if we really think about it fruit is high fructose corn syrup-free, gluten-free, aspartame-free, and very low-fat. looks to me ideal for skiploading based on what you said about what type of carbs are best (low-fat, HFCS-free, etc.)
                    I am not Skip but wouldn't fiber fill you up, so you can't get more carbs in? The idea is to take in as many carbs as you can (while keeping the guidelines you outlined), so fruit would not be as efficient.

Comment

• BryanB
                      Light-heavyweight Member
                      • Jan 2010

Skip says the more processed the better
                      Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

• Rocky
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BryanB
                        Skip says the more processed the better
                        i thought it just came down to the most carbs possible with the least amount of fat without getting uncomfortably full. fiber content in fruit varies a lot, you can have bananas and keep fiber to a minimum for example...

Comment

• blackdog1996
                          • Jun 2010

Fructose in combination with glucose increases the absorbtion of carbohydrates from the small intestine into the blood stream (not Skipload related).
                          BNK573

Comment

• Rexer
                            Bantamweight Member
                            • Aug 2008

Can you eat as many carbs in bananas as you would in pancakes?

Comment

• Rocky
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by blackdog1996
                              Fructose in combination with glucose increases the absorbtion of carbohydrates from the small intestine into the blood stream (not Skipload related).
                              i don know about that, but from my own personal experience i have been having both fruit (bananas, pineapple, strawberrys all combined in a fruit salad) with a serving of potato starch drink and 6 Oz cooked rice with my regular protein intake (9-10Oz chicken breast for example, no fatty protein).
                              i use that post-workout and even though it s not "skiploading" i have noticed no bloating at all, so i get hungry again exactly 3 hours later even though i m taking in more carbs, and im getting much more fuller without much subcutaneous water retention that i would usually get from all the garbage that most processed carbs come with

Comment

• blackdog1996
                                • Jun 2010

The use of fructose in combination with glucose comes originally from endurance athletes (bicycle racing f.e.). During their exercises they are dependend to refill their glycogen stores as soon as possible. Fructose can be absorbed in additon.
                                Skip is using this principle by himself, in his thread "Skip approved SkipLoading/refeed day carbs he mentions "Krusteaz brand, fat free, Cranberry Orange Muffins" as one of his favorites, they also contain fructose. (Hope I don't get another gem or priceless comment for this).
                                BNK573

Comment

Working...