Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Contest Prep Forum

Contest Prep Forum Share, research and learn the best ways to get ripped, peeled and shredded. Remember, "Skin is over-rated". Keep your contest prep journal here, as well.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
broncos625

3.5 Weeks Out. Going to do Peak Week Test Run Next Week. Critique Appreciated.

Show is 4/4. Here is my outline for final week which I will test next week. Been doing skiploads throughout w great success. Current weight is 232 depleted. Seven pt and three pt skin fold have me under 6%, however most is in abdomen (4mm). Each spot tested 6 times for accuracy. Anyway heres plan.

Im frontloading skipload. So ill do it on tuesday. My diet has been 1700-1800cal w 40g carb. Will do legs this Saturday then upper body depletion sunday and tuesday immediately befor load . My current loads have been 16hrs. Im a numbers guy and track just because so I normally eat about 1200g during this time. Bagels are my carb of choice. Make egg white sanwhiches, low fat pizza w them, ff cream cheese, just love bagels. Also enjoy some snackwells cookies and pop tarts. I throw in a few twinkies too.

Tuesday ill load til I spill. Ill use wed-fri cleaning up. Back to normal diet, heavy water. May do LISS cardio and pump workout wed to move it along. Friday ill take 1/2 dyazide before bed which is when ill cut water. Also friday ill severly drop sodium to help move more water. My diet is generally high so this quick switch im hoping will move more out. Plus itll prime me for sat shitload. Sat morn assess condition and if needed another 1/2 dyazide. Once water controlled shitload meal. No water. Going to try a couple bfast sandwiches and hashbrowns from BK for test run. Eat til full. Rest of morn (I expect to b on stage bout 12-12:30 for pj), will snack on ritz crackers w pb and no high fructuse corn syrup jelly as needed. Keeping sodium, fat and sugars coming in.

So thats the blueprint. Id love to get some feedback. Thanks guys!
broncos625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
Rco
Intense Muscle Competitor

I'm going to assume someone will provide better advice than me, this is just my opinion, but you might want to be careful with the mock peak week, being so close to the show.

Do you normally load on a Tuesday as well? With the exception of this last prep, it normally takes me the entire week to drop weight back down to baseline after a Sunday Skipload (by Saturday I'm very depleted). However, you may have been Skiploading every Tuesday and hitting baseline by Saturday and if that's the case, I'd stick with that.

I just feel like your body may respond differently the week of the show than it will during your mock peak week. You may find that what you document during that week won't produce the same results during peak week.

How is your sodium intake right now? Is it high? Relatively low? I salted everything my entire prep and didn't take anything out leading up to the show. If it's working for you at the moment, there's no reason to mess with it.

If it were up to me, I would load as usual, keep my diet and water the same, then start evaluating my physique coming Friday morning. If you are flat, gradually add carbs in throughout the day and asses where you are. Even take progress pictures so you can evaluate your conditioning.

Again, just my junior opinion Good luck on your upcoming show!
2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rco; 03-11-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Rco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
broncos625

Very good points. I normally load Saturday and hit baseline by wed so I figured moving it to Tuesday would hit baseline perfect for sat show. I go very high sodium due to low carbs to stay full. I've read that if u normally go high cut out all "added" sodium Friday and up water even further to flush it out before sat morn fat/salt/shit load. So it won't b low just lower.

My other thought was to do normal sat load and wed night after hitting bl do mini load of maybe 4 hrs following depletion wo. This of course would depend on condition too. Think that might b better approach?

I have yet to nail my peak. This will b first time incorporating skiploading w a shitload. My research tells me I've been doing water wrong every other time meaning I eat big meal sat morn w a lot of water no diuretic. I just spill it all by pj.

Thanks again for insight.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
moco
IM Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitor

There's this guy named Skip that I think could help you with this.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #5
Rco

Quote:
Originally Posted by moco View Post
There's this guy named Skip that I think could help you with this.
You are no help I was hoping Skip or someone more senior might chime in.

I don't want to give you advice claiming this is the end-all, be-all. This is just what I know from how I've operated in the past for my competitions so really take this with a grain of salt and know that I'm just trying to be helpful

Personally I would stick to what I had been doing in the past, so for your situation, keeping the load to a Saturday and watching your weight and conditioning throughout the week.

I wouldn't do another mini load just because it's not as controlled - I associate a Skipload with eating as much as I can for my given window. You may also find that you need absolutely nothing extra on Wednesday, so like you said, take a good look at yourself on the day you normally baseline and go from there.

If you wake up at baseline/past baseline on Wednesday, I would still watch yourself throughout the day. To me Wednesday still seems far out to start loading on a ton of carbs, but every person and situation is different. You could be one of those people who just can't stay full without X amount of carbs - I have no idea.

When you do start adding them in, add them in on top of your normal diet. So let's say on Thursday you are eating broccoli, chicken and 1 cup of rice at meal 3. Add in an extra cup of rice and see how you look/feel a few hours later, keeping the water intake normal. If you're still looking flat as hell, continue slowly adding in more carbs at each meal.

With regards to the sodium, again, I hate messing with something that isn't giving me problems. If it's helping you stay full and you are still looking dry that week, I wouldn't remove what you are currently eating but I also wouldn't add in extra.

Having the RIGHT coach takes all of the guess work out of the entire start and end of contest prep (I know you already know this). Just try not to over complicate it and really watch your conditioning closely. Take pictures so you aren't trying guess what you looked like three hours ago.
2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Last edited by Rco; 03-13-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Rco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
broncos625

Really appreciate this. I think ur right here. No big change as I don't want to chance it w something unpredictable. Stick w normal sat load then do water as outlined w sat morn fat/shitload meal once water controlled. Snack on Ritz w pb and j as needed til pj. Given diuretic will flush sodium pb w ritz will bring it back but wo the water to cause spill. Thank u so much!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:41 PM   #7
joshb

i feel your over complicating things...simplifying the final week is usually the best course of action

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ
joshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #8
joshb

i prefer to keep water high and cut it about 16 hours out from show and cut sodium two days prior and reintroduce it late friday night when your nice and dried out...

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ
joshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #9
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
i feel your over complicating things...simplifying the final week is usually the best course of action
This ^ ....

and of course ....

Good to see you around Josh!

Skip

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #10
Rocky

To this day I dont get the last week depletion workouts...isnt the body already depleted enough by then? Wouldnt a depletion workout make it even more difficult to get out of that hole we have been slowly digging for months?

Removed..No free advertising!
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote