Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > TEAM SKIP > Longevity DVD Q and A

Longevity DVD Q and A An in depth Q and A with Ken Skip Hill, an expert in bodybuilding contest preparation who shares free tips about bodybuilding, longevity, diet, exercise, cardio, figure, fitness, supplements and health in his free DVD video series.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #476
Pumped340
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBlanket View Post
^^^^^^^ Nope.

I'm just a regular fat guy, and I lost 60# working with Skip using the Skipload method.

The details change, but the philosophy remains.
Again, it definitely works, including for me. Hell I got down to 130lb when I was starting out a 15 years old (grossly skinny of course) doing a similar method. Thankfully that was 6 years and 70lb ago lol. Just saying personally I have gotten better results with traditional carb cycling. Always looking to experiment and improve things though, maybe one day when I'm out of graduate school I can hire Skip myself to see how everything is handled.
Pumped340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #477
greensoup
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Calories are stored as fat when they aren't needed. If you are depleted, they are needed. This is the part that people miss when they argue that eating processed carbs are soooo bad for you. They are so stuck on what they have been "fed" for so many years about how processed carbs make you fat, lead to diabetes, etc.. That is only the case when your body doesn't have a NEED for those carbs.

There are arguments that all of the food you eat isn't digested, that is correct. I was recently discussing this with Dr Rich not the last time he was in town the time prior. There is a name for it but I forget what it is. Even if all of the food isn't digested or those calories "don't count", the point is that the impact that it has on your metabolism is the main reason to Skipload, the fact that the carbs are used as glycogen is only really a side benefit. In theory, the fuller you are with glycogen, the longer it takes to get depleted again and burn body fat at an efficient rate, anyway.

Skip
the refined carb thing makes sense. good info.

the "it" in bold is ambiguous to me. what is causing the impact--just the fact that there are sufficient hi GI carbs regulating hormone levels and spiking metabolism regardless of the fact that some aren't digested, or that that there is a presence of undigested carbs ()?

also, any theory on how weight magically disappears overnight and where it goes? ex: skipload or massive carb refeed, go to bed, then wake up 3lb magically lighter.

cant be that much energy/tissue burn or water evaporation right? the only other options are bedwetting and bedturding...
greensoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #478
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

I work with more natural competitors than I do enhanced.

The reality is that Skiploading has nothing to do with test levels, at all. That is why it works just as well with men as women and natural as not natural.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped340 View Post
Seems like the simple answer lol but even though I have a good amount of knowledge about dieting and nutrition the fact is that Skip has a thousand times my experience so if someone in his position truly believes that skiploading is the best method for all of his clients (I believe he has said he uses this method for literally all of them) then I'm always open to hear ways to improve how I go about things. If for no other reason than to try things out and learn more.

I rarely if ever see naturals apply such a method when reading some of the natural pros' contest logs. So I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that Skip works with a lot of 'enhanced' competitors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #479
Ken "Skip" Hill

What I mean is that all carbs may not be stored as glycogen and pass through the body. I am not sure on that other than to say that there isn't a black and white explanation as to how people can eat such a massive amount of carbs and not gain body fat but they don't.

The weight loss overnight is simply water.

Skip
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcrappants View Post
the refined carb thing makes sense. good info.

the "it" in bold is ambiguous to me. what is causing the impact--just the fact that there are sufficient hi GI carbs regulating hormone levels and spiking metabolism regardless of the fact that some aren't digested, or that that there is a presence of undigested carbs ()?

also, any theory on how weight magically disappears overnight and where it goes? ex: skipload or massive carb refeed, go to bed, then wake up 3lb magically lighter.

cant be that much energy/tissue burn or water evaporation right? the only other options are bedwetting and bedturding...

For Training Inquiries:

Old 03-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #480
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBlanket View Post
^^^^^^^ Nope.

I'm just a regular fat guy, and I lost 60# working with Skip using the Skipload method.

The details change, but the philosophy remains.
Bingo.

Didn't see this before I posted.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #481
LKQSJH
Intense Muscle Competitor

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it. I have been using skiploads for a few weeks now and it seems to be working well. I know your not supposed to count on skiploads but I'm OCD with counting my cals. This past load I took in almost 1000g of carbs in about 8 hours. My weight was only up 1 lb on Monday. My thought is either my load is too small or I wasn't depleted enough. On the flip side i am making progress so should I even be worrying about it?
LKQSJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #482
champion#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKQSJH View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it. I have been using skiploads for a few weeks now and it seems to be working well. I know your not supposed to count on skiploads but I'm OCD with counting my cals. This past load I took in almost 1000g of carbs in about 8 hours. My weight was only up 1 lb on Monday. My thought is either my load is too small or I wasn't depleted enough. On the flip side i am making progress so should I even be worrying about it?
How quick do you baseline after the 1lb gain? If its really quickly then increase the load. Also the amount of fluid you drink during a load will be a big factor in how much you gain during a load the following day.

Other than that experiment.
champion#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #483
Kurtb16

Skip,
I'm doing my 2nd physique show this Saturday. Last show i did the traditional 3 day load and came in flat. I was 5.5% 180....this time I've been training hard and on now carbs since January with a refeed every 7 days...one refeed I did about 700 grams of carbs and spilled over like crazy...I'm doing a skipload today. Depletion is not an issue as I've been training hard and doing 1100 cals of high intensity cardio 6 days a week. I'm flat as hell again but again around 6. Is this lean enough or a skipload to do its thing?
Kurtb16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #484
Kurtb16

I weigh 197 as well. The week of my last show I was 187 on Tuesday and came in at 180.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #485
Pumped340
Bantamweight Member

Skip have you ever experimented with throwing in a skipload every time you drop a certain amount of weight rather than once every week? For instance if it's only been 4-5 days but you're down 1-2lb below baseline just throwing one in early? Or would you always just increase weekly calories at that point?
Pumped340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #486
Kurtb16

Also, how would I go about maybe paying you for a phone consultation as to how to rid this water. I rea where sometimes you have to do more than just drink a crap load of water over the next few days.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #487
bigtimechief
Intense Muscle Competitor

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
bigtimechief is offline   Reply With Quote