Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 10-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #926
Diesel

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Pizza doesn't seem a good choice if you are looking for high carb/low fat sources
Agreed but some Pizza brands are pretty acceptable as far as fat content is concerned. Combine that with a good sight of fries or other carb only choices and I think youīre good to go even if the Pizza isnīt super "low fat".
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:17 AM   #927
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagz86 View Post
Is anyone familiar with the cereal by Post called Great Grains Protein? It's one of the few high protein cereals that don't use Soy as their protein source. My question is. Would that be High GI enough or not? Can't seem to find the Gi levels of it but based on my estimation from its ingredients I think it would be at least moderately GI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is still a processed carb so even with some fiber it is going to fit the bill.

I am personally on a Life cereal kick right now where I can for some reason make myself miserable by eating bowl after bowl of the stuff for a load day and prefer it even to kid cereal for some reason.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:02 AM   #928
Collabera
Heavyweight Member

This thread is so effing long that I can't be sure if the following have been posted, but they should have been:

York peppermint patties- 2.5g fat and 31g carbs

Cheese pizza bagel bites- 5g fat and 32g carbs per 4 pieces.
(I can put down over 40 of these things plus frozen yogurt.)

Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies- 11g fat with 42g carbs
(I just eat these with other things that are significantly lower in fat to even out the ratio. But they are tiny and dense with carbs. Same as the York patties.)

CANDY...
I'm sure the Mike N Ike's have been mentioned. 34g of carbs with 23 pieces. Thats not too bad but I figured 23 pieces would have more. Sour Patch Kids have 37g carbs with 16 pieces. Candy corn is 35g carbs per 19 pieces.

Some of the DQ Blizzard options aren't too bad. Yeah the fat is high but if you consider the carbs can be close to 200 in a large it's not all that bad. Again I just make sure my ratio for either that sitting or the whole day is good. I guess it also depends if I'm in off season or prep mode.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
ē2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
*Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs
Collabera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:49 PM   #929
FRANK_KOVACIC
Middleweight Member

Living in the States seems to be awesome for Skiploads. Where I live Twinkies, Waffles, Pop Tarts etc. donít come in the low fat versions. We also donít have Krusteaz or Little Debbie brand foods and a lot of the awesome high GI cereals havenít been sold around here since the Ď90s. Iíve only seen regular Ben & Jerryís ice cream too, which is quite high in fat.

Skip, I read your Musclemag interview where you talk about how Skiploading came about. Were you at all influenced by what Steve Michalik had Andy Lopedote do for the í79 Teen Mr. America?
FRANK_KOVACIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #930
Cbrrrr

Good info
Cbrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:22 AM   #931
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
Living in the States seems to be awesome for Skiploads. Where I live Twinkies, Waffles, Pop Tarts etc. donít come in the low fat versions. We also donít have Krusteaz or Little Debbie brand foods and a lot of the awesome high GI cereals havenít been sold around here since the Ď90s. Iíve only seen regular Ben & Jerryís ice cream too, which is quite high in fat.

Skip, I read your Musclemag interview where you talk about how Skiploading came about. Were you at all influenced by what Steve Michalik had Andy Lopedote do for the í79 Teen Mr. America?
My apologies as I am just now seeing your message.

I have no clue what they did. Was it similar?

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 12-31-2015, 11:37 AM   #932
jeffro
Bantamweight Member

Get em while you can boys and girls. These little doozies only come out over Christmas. It's my ALL time favorite kids cereal. I can put down about a few boxes in a sitting, they are that good. I bought 46 boxes at a time...the lady at Walmart thought I was insane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.02 MB, 118 views)

jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:39 PM   #933
Neweld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Get em while you can boys and girls. These little doozies only come out over Christmas. It's my ALL time favorite kids cereal. I can put down about a few boxes in a sitting, they are that good. I bought 46 boxes at a time...the lady at Walmart thought I was insane

Saw these ... Will get a couple to try

Neweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:38 PM   #934
FRANK_KOVACIC
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
My apologies as I am just now seeing your message.

I have no clue what they did. Was it similar?

Skip
For the '79 Teen Mr. America where he took 2nd to Lee Haney, Michalik stuffed Andy with pancakes and ice cream the night before/day of to fill out. I know that's not the same as your Skiploading protocol, but it's an example of using high GI carbs to fill out. Given the year, I would think everyone else would have used potatoes, oatmeal, etc.
FRANK_KOVACIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #935
jeffro
Bantamweight Member

http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu/whats-new

Your welcome skiploaders!

jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:48 AM   #936
addies

Trader joes dried mangoes
Trader joes mango sorbet

Egg white & ham breakfast sandwich with ketchup (using english muffins)
(lean ham from costco)

the following has dairy but man can't believe how low in fat it is:
Jamba Juice Orange Dream Machine
Calories 350
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 1g 4%
Trans Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 76g 25%
Dietary Fiber 0g 2%
Sugar 71g
Protein 8g

Last edited by addies; 02-22-2016 at 12:51 AM.
addies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #937
Neweld

Heres a fast one i used today

Trader joes low fat chicken chow mein (add extra chicken)
1bag =
4.5g fat
117g carbs

Neweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #938
Chetdimarco

I shouldn't be looking at this thread! It's making me hungry! I just started with Skip so I'll post here when it's my turn to try out a Skipload.
Chetdimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #939
npcaldwell

Just did my first Skipload last week and I'm with Skip, I LOVE the Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake, it finished me off and had me KO'D in a carb coma for a couple hours. But I started it of with French toasted angel food cake real maple syrup, Texas toast french toast with blueberry syrup, 4 giant bowls of frosted flakes, and finished up at the 6 hour mark with a half a box of life cereal. Last weeks baseline was 211.6 and I weighed 207.6 today, down 4 already (Saturday morning) very curious what tomorrow mornings new baseline will be. Thank you Skip for sharing so much with all of us, I'd been stuck at 210-212 for weeks and NOTHING I did helped, thanks to you things are finally rolling again.
npcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:40 PM   #940
Ken "Skip" Hill

Glad to hear it!

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 07-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #941
npcaldwell

I made some low fat monkey bread to kick off my skipload this morning. To keep it low fat I used 2T smart balance light and 1 1/4c low fat milk in the dough, and replaced the butter for the coating with log cabin syrup. Macro breakdown as follows 509g carbs, 9g fat, and 45g protein for the half pan that I put away for breakfast!

Like I said, I made the above alterations to the recipe to keep it low fat. I also made a glaze with 1c powdered sugar, 2T low fat milk, and 1t vanilla extract, which was drizzled over the top after inverting the pan after baking. Happy skipload day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160717_052516.jpg (4.59 MB, 83 views)
npcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #942
jasong
Intense Muscle Competitor

I was looking for ideas at the grocery store yesterday. Found fat free angel food cake. You just mix with water so it's the same prepared. Topped with a fat free yogurt could give this a lot of different flavors or something like strawberry glaze and strawberries. Ultimately I decided to pass and do pancakes this morning, but keeping it in mind if I'm wanting something sweet.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #943
jasong
Intense Muscle Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcaldwell View Post
I made some low fat monkey bread to kick off my skipload this morning. To keep it low fat I used 2T smart balance light and 1 1/4c low fat milk in the dough, and replaced the butter for the coating with log cabin syrup. Macro breakdown as follows 509g carbs, 9g fat, and 45g protein for the half pan that I put away for breakfast!

Like I said, I made the above alterations to the recipe to keep it low fat. I also made a glaze with 1c powdered sugar, 2T low fat milk, and 1t vanilla extract, which was drizzled over the top after inverting the pan after baking. Happy skipload day!
That looks delicious!
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:15 AM   #944
Stevo d

Fat free fig bars. Looked all over the uk. Can't find em.🙁
Stevo d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:17 AM   #945
Stevo d

Same in the UK. No low fat pop tarts.
Stevo d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:21 AM   #946
Wagz86
Bantamweight Member

If you swap Butter for apple butter you can bake a lot of lower fat alternatives

The exchange rate is 1:1

You can also replace 1/3 of any flour with whey protein powder if need be and still not make it as rubbery

Wagz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #947
gohard

Now i want to eat so freaking bad, thanks.
gohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #948
37TJG

lots of good ideas in here.. :-)
37TJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #949
sauci

Low fat muffins
Dry ingredients
260 g flour
Pinch salt
100 g sugar brown