Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Journals

Journals Member logs about training, diet, nutrition, supplements, losing weight, building muscle, etc.. Start your own journal and share your experiences with other members!

Old 02-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Andy Hank's Training Log

So I have been training DC since June (2017)

This will be my 4th blast.

I am currently on my cruise, which will be done on the 11th (March)

Just wanted to get my exercise selection up today.

I have been doing the 4 days a week (2 way) protocol.

Also I do my fasted cardio almost daily as I have started from a high body fat. Just a 45 minute walk around my neighborhood, or the occasional treadmill session in my garage.

It isn't so hard but I have managed to drop some fat during the mass gaining.

So here it is:

low incline barbell press
high incline barbell press
skullcrusher
pull up
floor deadlifts

under grip pulldown
reverse curl
seated calves
lying leg curl
front squat

incline hammer strength
standing barbell press
close grip bench
v-grip pull up
rack deadlifts

barbell curl
standing barbell static hold
vertical leg press calves
seated leg curl
back squat

flat barbell press
high incline db press
smith reverse grip bench
hammer strength high row
hammer strength low row

standing alt. db curl
pull up hanging static hold
45 leg press calves
stiff leg deadlift
leg press

I usually do all my rest pauses in the 15-20 range... I never went much higher than 20 reps even on my dumbbells work. Quads get the usual 5-10 rep set followed by a widowmaker and back thickness I usually do 6-8 then 9-12 (except I rest pause the hammer strength rows)

Pull ups I can only do a back breaker set less than 6 reps as I just tried them for the first time last week. So I will finish with a back off set on the gravitron assist on there until I can get rest pauses on them as well.

I got in a hammer strength high row for a back width to get some more rear delt/rhomboid work as I feel my upper back needs more work this time around.

I do an undergrip pulldown for biceps... It gives me the best bicep contraction I have ever felt. I don't try to pull with the lats here either. I have tried this with barbell rows as well but it feels natural with a pulldown TBH.

I just started strapping up on my back lifts variations so you saw the 2 static holds exercises for my forearms to keep the grip strength growing. I shoot for a full minute on these.

So that's it. I just got this log up in the meantime while it was on my to do list. I'll be going at it starting on the 11th.

Last edited by andishehhank; 02-28-2018 at 03:28 PM.
andishehhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andishehhank View Post
So I have been training DC since June (2017)

This will be my 4th blast.

I am currently on my cruise, which will be done on the 11th (March)

Just wanted to get my exercise selection up today.

I have been doing the 4 days a week (2 way) protocol.

Also I do my fasted cardio almost daily as I have started from a high body fat. Just a 45 minute walk around my neighborhood, or the occasional treadmill session in my garage.

It isn't so hard but I have managed to drop some fat during the mass gaining.

So here it is:

low incline barbell press
high incline barbell press
skullcrusher
pull up
rack deadlifts

under grip pulldown
reverse curl
seated calves
lying leg curl
front squat

incline hammer strength
standing barbell press
close grip bench
v-grip pull up
floor deadlifts

barbell curl
standing barbell static hold
vertical leg press calves
seated leg curl
back squat

flat barbell press
high incline db press
smith reverse grip bench
hammer strength high row
hammer strength low row

standing alt. db curl
pull up hanging static hold
45 leg press calves
stiff leg deadlift
leg press

I usually do all my rest pauses in the 15-20 range... I never went much higher than 20 reps even on my dumbbells work. Quads get the usual 5-10 rep set followed by a widowmaker and back thickness I usually do 6-8 then 9-12 (except I rest pause the hammer strength rows)

Pull ups I can only do a back breaker set less than 6 reps as I just tried them for the first time last week. So I will finish with a back off set on the gravitron assist on there until I can get rest pauses on them as well.

I got in a hammer strength high row for a back width to get some more rear delt/rhomboid work as I feel my upper back needs more work this time around.

I do an undergrip pulldown for biceps... It gives me the best bicep contraction I have ever felt. I don't try to pull with the lats here either. I have tried this with barbell rows as well but it feels natural with a pulldown TBH.

I just started strapping up on my back lifts variations so you saw the 2 static holds exercises for my forearms to keep the grip strength growing. I shoot for a full minute on these.

So that's it. I just got this log up in the meantime while it was on my to do list. I'll be going at it starting on the 11th.

This looks great! I like the idea of some dedicated grip work. I might have to look into that idea when I max out my forearm exercises... And I might have to try the Bicep pulldown too.
Are you doing the 2 split on 4 days a week? Like M/T/T/F? Or are you doing it M/W/F?
And is this the blast you've been doing in the past if so how's it been? Cause on your first 3 workouts you're doing floor deads, front squats and rack pulls all in the same week. If I did that my lower back would take a real beating... But if you can handle it then keep it up!!! Excited to see your progress!!!
Henke_prytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke_prytz View Post
This looks great! I like the idea of some dedicated grip work. I might have to look into that idea when I max out my forearm exercises... And I might have to try the Bicep pulldown too.
Are you doing the 2 split on 4 days a week? Like M/T/T/F? Or are you doing it M/W/F?
And is this the blast you've been doing in the past if so how's it been? Cause on your first 3 workouts you're doing floor deads, front squats and rack pulls all in the same week. If I did that my lower back would take a real beating... But if you can handle it then keep it up!!! Excited to see your progress!!!
No I have never tried this blast yet, and I actually do it sunday, monday, wed, thurs.

I'm not worried about the lower back. Rack pulls and front squats are not that hard on the lower back. As a matter of fact the front squats are in the first week of the rotation because they are easier on the lower back while I got the 2 deadlifts.

Given that if Dante would say it is ok to do even 3 deadlift variations for back thickness, I figured there was a way to make it work.

Nevertheless, my last blast was some what similar and I got good quad and back gains.

Edit: I just swapped the order of the rack and floor deads. I would rather do my floor deads before my front squats because that seems easier given that I didn't want to be doing them off the floor and then doing my back squats the next night.

Also, I am always ready to switch to the 3 day split if the 4 days gets too hard. I figured I am still lifting weights that are easier to do 2x per week per muscle. Last 2 blasts I got in 6 and 7 weeks respectively.

Anyway, I am still doing my cardio...yesterday I got in another walk and today I just skipped the carbs for breakfast because I couldn't make it. 4 boiled eggs and about 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

Last edited by andishehhank; 02-28-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
No I have never tried this blast yet, and I actually do it sunday, monday, wed, thurs.

I'm not worried about the lower back. Rack pulls and front squats are not that hard on the lower back. As a matter of fact the front squats are in the first week of the rotation because they are easier on the lower back while I got the 2 deadlifts.

Given that if Dante would say it is ok to do even 3 deadlift variations for back thickness, I figured there was a way to make it work.

Nevertheless, my last blast was some what similar and I got good quad and back gains.

Edit: I just swapped the order of the rack and floor deads. I would rather do my floor deads before my front squats because that seems easier given that I didn't want to be doing them off the floor and then doing my back squats the next night.

Also, I am always ready to switch to the 3 day split if the 4 days gets too hard. I figured I am still lifting weights that are easier to do 2x per week per muscle. Last 2 blasts I got in 6 and 7 weeks respectively.

Anyway, I am still doing my cardio...yesterday I got in another walk and today I just skipped the carbs for breakfast because I couldn't make it. 4 boiled eggs and about 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

That's great if you can handle that kind of frequency with those big moves and with that many workouts in a week. Have you tried the 4-day approach before cause in my mind it would be really brutal. Good on you for giving it a go though, I just know that there is no way I could recover fast enough to go after heavy deads and squats like the blast you have come up with. Are you going to be dropping some weight as well or is the cardio to not let things get away on you? I'm really looking forward to seeing you kill it on this blast.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
That's great if you can handle that kind of frequency with those big moves and with that many workouts in a week. Have you tried the 4-day approach before cause in my mind it would be really brutal. Good on you for giving it a go though, I just know that there is no way I could recover fast enough to go after heavy deads and squats like the blast you have come up with. Are you going to be dropping some weight as well or is the cardio to not let things get away on you? I'm really looking forward to seeing you kill it on this blast.
I have been doing the 4 day since the first time I tried DC in June. I was coming off a 2 year lay off so I felt I was not strong enough to over train on the 4 day. Granted I did not actually go too hard then, I was just trying to get my nervous system and stamina on point. It still made me nice and thick and was excited to try it for some more blasts to come. I would have liked to see myself get up to close to 12 weeks so if it's time to drop the frequency to the 3 day I will ready to make that change. But granted training everything 2x per week seemed like more bang for my buck and it is hard but I love this sport.

As for the cardio... well I started at around 325 at 6 foot 4 inches in the summer... I have gained a decent amount of muscle since then and I am weighing less than 325 now... I had been as low as 313 but I might be about 320 right now. Certainly when I look in the mirror, I see a much tighter midsection... and that's perfect. Ultimately I just wanted to avoid actually getting fatter until I was done focusing on building muscle then take a good season and focus on fat loss. I will be switching to the 6 way split and doing an hour of cardio a day and start some carbohydrate cycling regimen. Now that sounds exciting.

Last edited by andishehhank; 03-02-2018 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:40 AM   #6
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
I have been doing the 4 day since the first time I tried DC in June. I was coming off a 2 year lay off so I felt I was not strong enough to over train on the 4 day. Granted I did not actually go too hard then, I was just trying to get my nervous system and stamina on point. It still made me nice and thick and was excited to try it for some more blasts to come. I would have liked to see myself get up to close to 12 weeks so if it's time to drop the frequency to the 3 day I will ready to make that change. But granted training everything 2x per week seemed like more bang for my buck and it is hard but I love this sport.

As for the cardio... well I started at around 325 at 6 foot 4 inches in the summer... I have gained a decent amount of muscle since then and I am weighing less than 325 now... I had been as low as 313 but I might be about 320 right now. Certainly when I look in the mirror, I see a much tighter midsection... and that's perfect. Ultimately I just wanted to avoid actually getting fatter until I was done focusing on building muscle then take a good season and focus on fat loss. I will be switching to the 6 way split and doing an hour of cardio a day and start some carbohydrate cycling regimen. Now that sounds exciting.
Ok, that sounds like it was a good move then to start out with a "slower" pace after 2 years (if you can call DC slow paced haha) It'll be cool to see how you're doing this time as I can only imagine that your strength must be quite different by now!! That's awesome that you're seeing those kinds of results! I mean a tighter midsection is not a bad thing haha. I like that approach of kinda gaining some good muscle and then strip a bit of over time.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #7
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Ok, that sounds like it was a good move then to start out with a "slower" pace after 2 years (if you can call DC slow paced haha) It'll be cool to see how you're doing this time as I can only imagine that your strength must be quite different by now!! That's awesome that you're seeing those kinds of results! I mean a tighter midsection is not a bad thing haha. I like that approach of kinda gaining some good muscle and then strip a bit of over time.
The only thing easy was my exercise selection in the summer. (Other than using lightish weights) I mean, I was able to Bench 2 plates for 20 reps in 2015, and I was still hitting it for a clean set of 5 after nothing for 2 years. even after 2 years of no training people still thought I was working out. So I just tried to be positive with that and got into D.C. since it looked so appealing to try.

My strength has just begun to really bypass my previous strength. But I am definetly looking better than before I quit in 2015. I was much fatter and had a lot of lagging body parts at the same weight.

I really studied the shit out of all the threads i could find since the 2000's to really figure out how to use this type of training ideaology. I would like to keep on blasting for a while until my body looks like and tells me it's ready for a shred.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #8
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
The only thing easy was my exercise selection in the summer. (Other than using lightish weights) I mean, I was able to Bench 2 plates for 20 reps in 2015, and I was still hitting it for a clean set of 5 after nothing for 2 years. even after 2 years of no training people still thought I was working out. So I just tried to be positive with that and got into D.C. since it looked so appealing to try.

My strength has just begun to really bypass my previous strength. But I am definetly looking better than before I quit in 2015. I was much fatter and had a lot of lagging body parts at the same weight.

I really studied the shit out of all the threads i could find since the 2000's to really figure out how to use this type of training ideaology. I would like to keep on blasting for a while until my body looks like and tells me it's ready for a shred.
Sorry for the late reply things have been a bit hectic with my school. That is awesome that you managed to retain so much of your strength. And that you're surpassing your old level of strength. How is your cruise going?
Old 03-06-2018, 04:02 AM   #9
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply things have been a bit hectic with my school. That is awesome that you managed to retain so much of your strength. And that you're surpassing your old level of strength. How is your cruise going?
i'm just enjoying my time not worrying too much about meal timing and not missing workouts.

like my last cruise i get a lot of time to self reflect and focus on other stuff than just pumping iron.

still doing the cardio and all.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Alright HP and friends,

today was day 1 of my 4th blast.

Skipped the cardio today because I was really busy. I give myself 1-2 days off every week if I don't do it everyday.

Breakfast was just 2 cups milk, steak and potatoes, then 2 cups milk Pre workout, and now I just had chicken and rice.

Here's my first A1:

adjustable bench at 30 degree incline press: 185 lbs x 17 RP
adjustable bench at 60 degrees barbell shoulder press: 155 lbs x 15 RP
barbell skullcrusher on flat bench: 75 lbs x 15 RP
Gravitron assisted pull up: -110 lbs x 3 SS, -170 lbs x 14 SS
Rack deadlift right below knee cap: 405 x 8 SS, 365 x 5 SS

Overall everything has only dropped ~20 pounds since my cruise began 2 weeks ago (on the first 3 body parts)

I expect my CNS to get back in prime zone in a few more workouts, as this blast feels stronger at this beginning.

I was not expecting to get free weight pull ups today, so I had to go back to the assist. Not a problem.

Rack deadlifts were a struggle and I ran out of breath on the back off set... I was getting 465 or something for 4 reps and 435 or so with a back off on my other blast.

Feeling good. I was really lazy today but managed to get myself into the gym and I feel much disregret now.

Last edited by andishehhank; 03-12-2018 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:44 AM   #11
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Alright HP and friends,

today was day 1 of my 4th blast.

Skipped the cardio today because I was really busy. I give myself 1-2 days off every week if I don't do it everyday.

Breakfast was just 2 cups milk, steak and potatoes, then 2 cups milk Pre workout, and now I just had chicken and rice.

Here's my first A1:

adjustable bench at 30 degree incline press: 185 lbs x 17 RP
adjustable bench at 60 degrees barbell shoulder press: 155 lbs x 15 RP
barbell skullcrusher on flat bench: 75 lbs x 15 RP
Gravitron assisted pull up: -110 lbs x 3 SS, -170 lbs x 14 SS
Rack deadlift right below knee cap: 405 x 8 SS, 365 x 5 SS

Overall everything has only dropped ~20 pounds since my cruise began 2 weeks ago (on the first 3 body parts)

I expect my CNS to get back in prime zone in a few more workouts, as this blast feels stronger at this beginning.

I was not expecting to get free weight pull ups today, so I had to go back to the assist. Not a problem.

Rack deadlifts were a struggle and I ran out of breath on the back off set... I was getting 465 or something for 4 reps and 435 or so with a back off on my other blast.

Feeling good. I was really lazy today but managed to get myself into the gym and I feel much disregret now.
Great to see your log up here mate Looking forward to following your progress. And why aren't you RP your pull-ups? I'm just thinking that RP is the fastest way to get stronger according to Dante... Just a thought! And don't sweat it about the rack deads I think it just takes a few workouts to get the wind back after 2 weeks off.

Last edited by Henke_prytz; 03-12-2018 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #12
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Great to see your log up here mate Looking forward to following your progress. And why aren't you RP your pull-ups? I'm just thinking that RP is the fastest way to get stronger according to Dante... Just a thought! And don't sweat it about the rack deads I think it just takes a few workouts to get the wind back after 2 weeks off.
Once you get to -80 lbs on the assist it is too awkward to use for someone as heavy as me, so I was not expecting to use it. Before my cruise I had to go to the free pull ups and I was just able to get 4 reps. So I did a straight set of 10 reps on the assist to finish (before my cruise.)

So when I saw during my warm ups that I failed at -110 lbs at 3 reps I just recorded it as a straight set this time since I thought I was just really flimsy after 2 weeks off. In 9 days I will see if I will get the free pull ups again. If I do, then I will probably just get a few reps and I will do another lighter straight set after.

But other than that I always rest pause the pull ups and I will get back to rest pausing them with the free pull ups this blast. Good question.

Not to mention I was having shoulder pain after my workout so I had to do 50 band dislocations last night and you will see me doing some rotator cuff exercises in here as well like face pulls, overhead raises and some other stuff.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #13
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Once you get to -80 lbs on the assist it is too awkward to use for someone as heavy as me, so I was not expecting to use it. Before my cruise I had to go to the free pull ups and I was just able to get 4 reps. So I did a straight set of 10 reps on the assist to finish (before my cruise.)

So when I saw during my warm ups that I failed at -110 lbs at 3 reps I just recorded it as a straight set this time since I thought I was just really flimsy after 2 weeks off. In 9 days I will see if I will get the free pull ups again. If I do, then I will probably just get a few reps and I will do another lighter straight set after.

But other than that I always rest pause the pull ups and I will get back to rest pausing them with the free pull ups this blast. Good question.

Not to mention I was having shoulder pain after my workout so I had to do 50 band dislocations last night and you will see me doing some rotator cuff exercises in here as well like face pulls, overhead raises and some other stuff.
That at makes a lot of sense. It will be cool to see your progression on those! I have tried doing pull-ups in DC but to me, it didn't feel right, so I stuck with other stuff instead. Keep killing it. Looking forward to the next post
What kind of pain was it? And have you had any old shoulder injuries?
Old 03-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #14
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
That at makes a lot of sense. It will be cool to see your progression on those! I have tried doing pull-ups in DC but to me, it didn't feel right, so I stuck with other stuff instead. Keep killing it. Looking forward to the next post
What kind of pain was it? And have you had any old shoulder injuries?
Pull Ups are hard. On my 2nd blast I did wide pull ups, underhand pull ups, and v grip pull ups on the assist for my back width. I made the least weight jumps in my back width but I still PR'd on all of them every workout for 7 weeks and my back width came out very fast.

This time around I keep in the pull downs to keep the recovery easier.

I have tried them on the rack but I have not actually tried strapping up and putting weight on my lap yet... I will have to see when that happens.

Also I'm gonna be doing close underhand barbell rows for my biceps instead of barbell curls. Barbell curls look cool but they are not working so well for me. I was getting 245 lbs x 5 on the RG rows last time and I finally saw my biceps thicken in years. Keep in mind I do it completely at 90 degrees and try to use the arms and as little upper back as possible here.

I was getting great progress with RG shoulder pressing for triceps but my they bothered my rotator cuffs. I will see if I can get back to these if I cure my shoulder pains. My shoulders sting after I come home and it drives me mad. They are feeling better today but I will have to start to include some rear delts and rotator cuffs stuff to rehab them.

Last edited by andishehhank; 03-12-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:34 AM   #15
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Heres my first B1. I have decided that I am too strong to get away with the 4 day so now I am using the 3 day.

Close under grip pulldown : 175 lbs x 23 RP
Pinwheel Curls: 40 lbers x 15 SS
Seated Calves Raise: 90 x 12 SS
Lying Leg Curl: 140 x 20 RP
Hinge Hack Squat: 4 plates x 20 WM

I tried doing the free front squats but I get way too winded on these so I just went to the hack machine. I used a high and wide stance to alleviate the knee pressure. I just did the widowmaker today to see how my knees feel about it. They still are kind of stingy too and I will probably have to figure out a plan for them... probably knee wraps.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:26 AM   #16
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Pull Ups are hard. On my 2nd blast I did wide pull ups, underhand pull ups, and v grip pull ups on the assist for my back width. I made the least weight jumps in my back width but I still PR'd on all of them every workout for 7 weeks and my back width came out very fast.

This time around I keep in the pull downs to keep the recovery easier.

I have tried them on the rack but I have not actually tried strapping up and putting weight on my lap yet... I will have to see when that happens.

Also I'm gonna be doing close underhand barbell rows for my biceps instead of barbell curls. Barbell curls look cool but they are not working so well for me. I was getting 245 lbs x 5 on the RG rows last time and I finally saw my biceps thicken in years. Keep in mind I do it completely at 90 degrees and try to use the arms and as little upper back as possible here.

I was getting great progress with RG shoulder pressing for triceps but my they bothered my rotator cuffs. I will see if I can get back to these if I cure my shoulder pains. My shoulders sting after I come home and it drives me mad. They are feeling better today but I will have to start to include some rear delts and rotator cuffs stuff to rehab them.
Jeez, 3 pull up variations. Respect for picking those haha that's no joke. I like the out of the box thinking that you got. Personally, I don't think I'd even think about BB rows for biceps, so lesson learned. Rack chins are amazing and now that I changed them a little I like them even more. Have a look at Dusty doing them, Obviously, he's an absolute monster but it's good to see his form. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMpHpXiZ7Q
Hope you find a way to get around the shoulder problems. It might help looking into making your diet a bit more alkaline (provided it's not)
Old 03-14-2018, 03:30 AM   #17
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Heres my first B1. I have decided that I am too strong to get away with the 4 day so now I am using the 3 day.

Close under grip pulldown : 175 lbs x 23 RP
Pinwheel Curls: 40 lbers x 15 SS
Seated Calves Raise: 90 x 12 SS
Lying Leg Curl: 140 x 20 RP
Hinge Hack Squat: 4 plates x 20 WM

I tried doing the free front squats but I get way too winded on these so I just went to the hack machine. I used a high and wide stance to alleviate the knee pressure. I just did the widowmaker today to see how my knees feel about it. They still are kind of stingy too and I will probably have to figure out a plan for them... probably knee wraps.
Good workout mate!!! Think that's a great idea to switch. Looking at numbers I think it could be tough to progress and recover. I usually put some neoprene sleeves on my knees for my top sets to make sure I stay safe with my knees might be a good idea to try?
Old 03-14-2018, 03:46 AM   #18
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Good workout mate!!! Think that's a great idea to switch. Looking at numbers I think it could be tough to progress and recover. I usually put some neoprene sleeves on my knees for my top sets to make sure I stay safe with my knees might be a good idea to try?
To be honest I just took off my clothes and looked in the mirror and I see some great progress... and I kind of regret saying I wanted to switch to the 3 day because it was just a slow mental start to my new blast.

I want to make faster gains... so maybe I will just switch back to the 4 day next week or the week after. I know it's gonna be okay if I work into it.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:19 AM   #19
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Haha it looks like you got a case of indecisiveness, I know the feel
Old 03-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #20
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Haha it looks like you got a case of indecisiveness, I know the feel
Yeah I do. I am dealing with a lot of stress and I needed to take it a little easier in the gym.

I feel really good not having to train on back to back days this week.

If my head starts to catch up then I'll try to bump it back to the 4 day at the near the second half of my blast.

First I'll have to see how the strength gains come with the lower frequency... it might be better since it is less stressful, so we will see if this is actually better.

Meanwhile I will really force some solid weight jumps at this beginning blast instead of more training.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:26 AM   #21
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

So yesterday I just got in another cardio session... usually 40-45 minutes around the neighborhood.

I did the math and honestly the 3 day is just one less body part session every 2 weeks... I did the 4 day for 7 weeks... if I did the 3 day for 8-9 the results would be very similar or even better since I could add weight much more easily.

So I'll be doing the 2 way split the more common way, the 3 day way.

Its past midnight so I'll report in during the day or night and post my A2.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #22
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
So yesterday I just got in another cardio session... usually 40-45 minutes around the neighborhood.

I did the math and honestly the 3 day is just one less body part session every 2 weeks... I did the 4 day for 7 weeks... if I did the 3 day for 8-9 the results would be very similar or even better since I could add weight much more easily.

So I'll be doing the 2 way split the more common way, the 3 day way.

Its past midnight so I'll report in during the day or night and post my A2.
Sounds like a good idea to me. I think that personally I have already started to appreciate having a day of after one of these brutal workouts
Old 03-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #23
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea to me. I think that personally I have already started to appreciate having a day of after one of these brutal workouts
I also had my body fat measured at 28% last night. So that puts me around 230 pounds of lean body mass right now. That’s 105 kg. I’d think I would be ready for a fat loss phase by now because I’m not too sure if I want to get thicker than this. If I can handle it health wise i’ll go for another 20 pounds of muscle lol because I am nothing spectacularly strong i know I could do this for some time to come. I’m shooting for a solid 12 weeks this blast so let’s kick some ass.

Last edited by andishehhank; 03-15-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 AM   #24
andishehhank
Bantamweight Member

Alright so I had to change some exercises tonight because I was really worried about my shoulder health.

I did:

Hammer Strength Flat: + 230 x 13 RP
Standing DB OHP: 70 lbers x 13 RP
Close Grip Flat Barbell Press: 225 x 13 RP
V Grip Gravitron assist: - 155 x 14 RP
Sumo Rack Deadlift: 405 x 16 SS

So I also subbed out the floor deadlifts because I feel like my lower back was taking too much of a beating in this rotation.

I feel nothing serious in my joints tonight... So I will stick to this A2.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:35 AM   #25
Henke_prytz
Bantamweight Member

Quote:
I also had my body fat measured at 28% last night. So that puts me around 230 pounds of lean body mass right now. Thatís 105 kg. Iíd think I would be ready for a fat loss phase by now because Iím not too sure if I want to get thicker than this. If I can handle it health wise iíll go for another 20 pounds of muscle lol because I am nothing spectacularly strong i know I could do this for some time to come. Iím shooting for a solid 12 weeks this blast so letís kick some ass.
That is a lot of mass!!! That is awesome, you got a great foundation there. This should be a good blast for you, some serious gains coming your way