X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heckman
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by zalex999
    Haha here are a couple things you can try with burger/ground turkey meat:

1: Thai style: into the bowl with the meat goes an egg, onion powder, garlic powder, a little soy sauce, some chopped scallions. If your diet allows a great thing to do with these is to cut them in half the long way and scmhear some PB in the middle, try it before you diss it

2: mexi-burger: egg, chili powder, chopped jalepanoes, lime zest, cilantro (optional fat-ass topping of avacado)

3: Italian: egg, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, little bit of tomatoe paste (careful this one is easy to make messy)

4: Mediterranean: egg, finely chopped olives, cilantro, and sun dried tomatoes

For all the above, add some fresh ground black pepper and a dash of salt (to your taste preference) to the meat patties before coooking.

Eating protein doesnt need to suck
    Damn dude, you are a regular Wolfgang Freakin Puck....lol
    Attached Files
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

• zalex999
      Lightweight Member
      • Oct 2010

Haha, thanks big man, i enjoy making food that suits both the bodybuilding goals and is enjoyable.

Comment

• Albanian muscle
        Intense Muscle Competitor
        • Jun 2006

I always cook everything to order, I never cook before hand unless Im going on a trip or something

2003 mid Illinois 2nd mw
        2005 caveman classic 2nd mw
        2006 caveman classic LH and overall winner
        2007 jr nationals dnp
        2008 jr USA 7th LH
        2009 gnc Indiana HW 1st
        2009 jr nationals 11th HW
        2010 jr USA HW 1st

Comment

• SoCo4Fun
          • May 2005

Man...After I restock my meats this weekend I'm trying Zalex's chicken recipe from above...I haven't eaten much chicken lately 'cause it's been hard for me to get it down but that sounds good.

Comment

• Douger
            • Dec 2010

Those burger recipes look awesome! Definitely want to try the mediterranean!

Regarding the original question in the thread, I try to cook for a day or two because I don't like when the food tastes "old". I'd rather have it fresh. I will prep my veggies well in advance by cutting/slicing for almost a whole week because to me, it seems like that takes the most time.
            DC newbie...

Comment

• MaxNat
              Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 198lb Raw Club Total 1262
              • Mar 2006

You guys all say, "I can't take chicken after a few days", and "it is too dry"? I didn't read the part in the Chicken Eating Rule Book that it has to be chicken breast...which I don't like either. I buy 10 lb. bags of chicken quarters, skin and trim off excess fat, and then grill them with garlic, pepper, cayenne red pepper and onion seasonings. Cook it on Sunday, and throw it in the fridge, and it lasts me 4-5 days. Don't fear the tiny extra bit of fat!! ;-) Been doing this for about 6 years and it is a real time saver (for those of us with busy schedules).
              "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

• zalex999
                Lightweight Member
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MaxNat
                You guys all say, "I can't take chicken after a few days", and "it is too dry"? I didn't read the part in the Chicken Eating Rule Book that it has to be chicken breast...which I don't like either. I buy 10 lb. bags of chicken quarters, skin and trim off excess fat, and then grill them with garlic, pepper, cayenne red pepper and onion seasonings. Cook it on Sunday, and throw it in the fridge, and it lasts me 4-5 days. Don't fear the tiny extra bit of fat!! ;-) Been doing this for about 6 years and it is a real time saver (for those of us with busy schedules).
                Agreed agreed, though for me i know i use chicken breast cause its the cheapest lean protein i can get outside of the thanksgiving season when you can get 10-15lb turkeys for 6bucks.

Comment

• SoCo4Fun
                  • May 2005

I got 8lbs of chicken breasts in the crock pot right now...we'll see how this turns out

Comment

• zalex999
                    Lightweight Member
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by SoCo4Fun
                    I got 8lbs of chicken breasts in the crock pot right now...we'll see how this turns out
                    Let me know will be curious to hear what you used in there with it as well.

Comment

• Bernard50
                      • Jan 2011

cooking

Hi guys,,,
                      Many of the people still believes that cooking is related to women only but many of the man are cooking too now days.I have to work in office and has a single status.I prepare my food for at least 3 days so that when i need it i can use it.

Comment

• steve302
                        Bantamweight Member
                        • Jul 2007

Well this depends, first off never use as much vinegar as you would broth, in anything, you might die (not actually but holy hell would anything you put in that taste like ass)

Crock pots pull moisture out of things like chicken and veggies, so in general you dont need to add much.

Heres a sample:
                        10 Lbs chicken, 1 whole onion roughly chopped, 10-12 cloves garlic chopped.

Sauce: 2tbsp RW vinegar, 2tbsp favorite hot sauce (i use Franks Red hot), 2tbsp onion powder, 2 tbsp garlic powder, i tbsp Red pepper, ground black pepper, pinch of salt (not too much, hot sauces carry plenty of sodium for flavor plus you can add salt to the finished product but you can't take it out)
                        Optional: chopped adobo chilis (i love my food spicier than hell but some don't)
                        1/4-1/2 cup water to thin sauce
                        Put the chopped veggies in with the chicken, pour the sauce over it and mix it all up with a spoon, set crock pot to low, allow to cook for 3-4 hours, mix it up ONCE, dont keep taking the lid off, allow to cook for another 3 hours.

Pro tip: if you cant shred the chicken with a fork your doing it wrong

:hungry:
                        gave this a try this weekend.

12lbs chicken(boneless skinless breast)
                        1/2 cup redwine vinigar
                        1cup franks reg hot
                        1 package taco seasoning mixed in 1 cup water
                        1 sliced onion
                        3 chopper jalapeno pepper

Cooked 4 hours them mixed, and cooked another 4 hours.

Came out really good.

Thank zalex. I think I was missing the acidic part of it. really seemed to help break down the chicken. Shredded with ease

Comment

• SoCo4Fun
                          • May 2005

Let me know will be curious to hear what you used in there with it as well.
                          I've been using this for a couple weeks now and it's awesome. I put 9lbs boneless,skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot with 2 large rough chopped onions, a couple large spoonfuls of diced garlic (comes in a jar from costco), a butt load of rooster sauce (srirachi), and about 1/2 cup rw vinegar. I cook it for 7 hours, stirring only once. When it is done, I shred the chicken and split it into 3 containers (each one a days worth of meat). I've made everything from a chicken brown rice casserole to a chicken curry using this chicken and it has all been awesome...

you have reintroduced me to chicken...before this I was so burnt on it, I never ate it...thanks man!

Comment

• SoCo4Fun
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by steve302
                            gave this a try this weekend.

12lbs chicken(boneless skinless breast)
                            1/2 cup redwine vinigar
                            1cup franks reg hot
                            1 package taco seasoning mixed in 1 cup water
                            1 sliced onion
                            3 chopper jalapeno pepper

Cooked 4 hours them mixed, and cooked another 4 hours.

Came out really good.

Thank zalex. I think I was missing the acidic part of it. really seemed to help break down the chicken. Shredded with ease
                            Taco seasoning isn't a bad idea...I may try that...

Comment

• Godsmack
                              Light-heavyweight Member
                              • May 2007

Can we sticky this and keep adding recipe's?

I cant cook right now, but I really want to try these when I get home!!!

J
                              "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

• steve302
                                Bantamweight Member
                                • Jul 2007

tried another zalex inspired chicken crock pot recipe.

This one was even better than the last

12lbs boneless skinless
                                1 medium sized ginger root- sliced
                                4 cartons mushrooms
                                1 sliced onion
                                chopped fresh scallions
                                1 8 oz bottle soy sauce
                                1/2 cup red wine vinegar
                                couple table spoons of mustard powder.

Cooked this one over night for 10 hours.... woke up, shredded chicken and portioned it out. Used a strainer to catch all the veges. Then threw a small hand full in each bag of chicken. Then froze the portions.

Comment

Working...