Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Contest Prep Forum

Contest Prep Forum Share, research and learn the best ways to get ripped, peeled and shredded. Remember, "Skin is over-rated". Keep your contest prep journal here, as well.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
pumpnirn
Intense Muscle Competitor

Contest prep (slower process)

So I started dieting beginning of APRIL at a weight of 248lbs. In my mind I was thinking I have about 28-30lbs to lose to come in contest ready. Fast forward to today’s date 21 July and I’ve leaned out a lot with decreasing size in waist as I tend to carry more fat around my waist, but biggest issue now is that I’m weighing 243lbs morning weight. Going off the scale is shows I’ve lost only 5 lbs, but visually I can see where I’ve lost fat in certain areas. I’m dieting naturally meaning nothing like clen, T3 or anything like that. I’ve done the skip load for a few weeks and it usually takes me about 4 to 5 days to get back to baseline, but it’s usually at me starting at 244 and getting up to 250 and after 5 days I was a 243..
At this point I’m trying to see if maybe eating more would help speed up my metabolism or something.. I’m glad I’m getting leaner but just shocked the weight isnt dropping like i’ve seen in the past.. curious about some thoughts out there that might help out… I’ve got show planned in SEP, but my consider waiting until NOV… I’ve gotten in contest shape before but like I said I’m 32 now, and not sure if things have just changes and its not like it use to be.

Post workout shake/ 50 grams of carbs from marshmellow matteys
8 eggwhites/ 20 almonds
8oz tilapia/20 almonds
8 oz tilapia/ 20 almonds
Fish, chicken, eggs for protein source/ 1 table spoon natural peanut butter
Protein shake blended with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
This is my typical diet, only real changes is once a week I usually have steak for dinner, or chicken in place of tilapia during the day…

with my kids gone for the summer I also started 2 a days..
consisting with weight training in the morning and 45 minutes to an hour in the afternoon at least 4 times a week..

Last edited by pumpnirn; 07-21-2014 at 06:07 PM.
pumpnirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #2
v1hyp

How much has your BF changed? If that's gone down then I think your doing well. I'm kind of in the same boat as well. Not a whole lot of weight dropped but the BF has gone down some and with that you can see a change in my overall look. I'm not to distressed at this point. Still making minor adjustment to my numbers to ensure the weight keeps going in the right direction. Also getting my BF check at least once a month at this point to track that as well and I turned 50 this past April.

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
2002 NPC Western Carolina:
2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..
v1hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Hop
The Artist Former Known as Kidrok / Super Moderator

I can confirm that as we get older, our metabolism and the way the body responds to diet and training changes. So don't be afraid to try changing things up from what you used to do. The big change I've noticed is I need fewer carbs and more cardio. :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Where do you train and what show are you doing?

If I am not mistaken, you are here in Colorado, too, right?

Skip

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
pumpnirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Where do you train and what show are you doing?

If I am not mistaken, you are here in Colorado, too, right?

Skip
That's correct SKIP, I competed back in 2008 here in CO Rocky Mountain and moved to TEXAS for the last 4 years but i'm back now... (military guy)

I live in the springs and train at the local "Y" as its close to work and convenient...

My plans were to compete in JULY and AUG, being that I was giving myself about 17 weeks, but the closer it got to the show, I realized that I wasn't going to be in the shape I wanted to be and now decided to look at the
SEP 6 Grand junction show, but still not confident i'll be ready in the next 6 weeks. There moments where I think things are going ok, and then I plateau and not sure why. I've had instances where I felt I needed a longer LOAD and then days where I felt maybe I need a shorter LOAD. Just confused at the moment and although I have nothing set in stone on competing, i'd still like to this year.
SLow and steady is what the plan was but like I stated, I started at 248lbs and per the scale I've only dropped 5 lbs and its crazy to think what I've done this last 17 weeks and not at a condition I thought i'd be. I'm not on any SUPER SUPPLEMENTS so holding on to the mass I have and leaning out is great, but seems like something's just not right...

So as far as competing goes, its up in the air for me.. I actually don't mind dieting so until I hit the point where I feel ready, i'll wait to pull the trigger on a show...
Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
Ken "Skip" Hill

Glad you are back in CO and I was just in the Springs last week on the bikes. Got rained on pretty bad but ... that isn't really important to this post. lol

Why haven't we worked together yet? Not a sales pitch but I think I recall you struggling in prior preps and kind of second guessing yourself. You are in the Military, right? If you are interested, message me and we can see if we can make it work. I could take the guess work out of everything.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 07-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
pumpnirn

I went ahead and sent you a message skip!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #8
v1hyp

Good luck with the prep. I approached Skip last year but just couldn't pull the funds together to make it happen. Although I didn't get the opportunity to work with Skip, he was still kind enough to answer some general questions for me at one point which I was very grateful for (hope that doesn't get you slammed with a whole bunch of emails skip). If you can swing it, I would definitely make it happen. I know I would! Good luck again!!

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
2002 NPC Western Carolina:
2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..
v1hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #9
pumpnirn

I thought about adding to this thread but decided just to start a journal..it's a continuing from this.thread and leading into future plans as well as the last two weeks of my current prep and further more

f your interested here's a the link

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=50091

Last edited by pumpnirn; 11-06-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:43 AM   #10
Cadre1

How was the final result?
Cadre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:43 AM   #11
Cadre1

Be great to know the changes you made and what worked?
Cadre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #12
Ken "Skip" Hill

I don't recall the changes as it has been so long since we worked together but I can tell you that his off season for about the last year (give or take) has been going very, very well. I haven't spoken to him in about 6 or 8 months, though. I am unsure of where he is at right now with this training and progress.

Skip

For Training Inquiries: