Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Contest Prep Forum

Contest Prep Forum Share, research and learn the best ways to get ripped, peeled and shredded. Remember, "Skin is over-rated". Keep your contest prep journal here, as well.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
The Stallion

12 weeks out from first show in 4 years. My redemption!

I've honestly been dieting since jan for 2 competitions. First one was suppose to be in April but my heart and main plan was set for the Michigan championships June 6th. If I'm not going to give it 100% for the show in April I see no point in doing so. So I took 3 weeks to fill out a bit and restart my prep for the Michigan at 12 weeks out.

Decided to do a journal on Intense muscle because I've been researching a lot about skip loading and kens dieting approach. I find that ken and I share the same philosophy on a lot of things nutrition wise. So when this diet restart I'm going to incorporate skip loading every Saturday.

This Saturday will be my first skip load. I was going to start at 6 hours.

Starting weight this Sunday was 222lbs.

These pics where taken that day.

Already 208 lbs today. Will get updated pics shortly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (991.8 KB, 138 views)
The Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
The Stallion

Another of my back.

Macros are 330 pro, 200 carbs, 40 fat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (974.9 KB, 92 views)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #3
merkin

Looking thick. 14 lbs in 4 days? Damn.
merkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
The Stallion

Well I did do a bit of eating lol. Mostly water.

I'll post more pics once I get home from work
Old 03-20-2015, 04:33 AM   #5
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Good to see you here and glad to hear you are keeping a journal!

What part of Michigan are you from?

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: Skip Hill
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
The Stallion

Thank you skip. I'm residing in good ole Flint MI. I heard you once lived in MI? I just moved back from Albuquerque New Mexico looking to make a come back.

Trying to post pics from my phone. Sorry for the side ways pics. I also can't post multiple pics.

These pics where 3 weeks ago..at 206lbs

Im going to update this thread every week with pics.

For now, Ive decided to stick to my orginal diet plan. I started off with a carb cycle. After watching Skips longevity seminar and he stated he is fan of consistent dieting I tended to agree to that a lot more. Ever since ive been dieting with carb cycle approach I miss the consistency. HOW EVER, it is working so no need to fix what is not broken.

my medium days:

330 pro
200 carbs
40 fats

my low days:
330 protein
100 carbs
40 fats

my high days: (which where always on my leg day)
225 protein
600 carbs
low low fat

I also had a cheat meal at the end of my high days for my final meal. Ate what ever I wanted and as much as I wanted.

Perhaps ill trade the high day for a skip load. But the original plan for the 12 week out mark for the Michigan Championships where keep my high days at 600 carbs but eliminate the cheat meal. Increase carbs according to results

right now my approach as follows:

2 medium days

4 low days

1 high day

im going to wait another week before i have a refeed. Still getting massive pumps in the gym. And want to deplete a little more from my massive refeeds lol

11 more weeks after today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.51 MB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 8weekb.jpg (28.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 8weeks d.jpg (25.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 8weeksc.jpg (29.3 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by The Stallion; 03-20-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #7
The Stallion

Also training 5 days a week and cardio 7 days a week for 45 mins
Old 03-21-2015, 03:56 AM   #8
Ken "Skip" Hill

You are put together well and at 11 or 12 weeks out, your condition looks to be pretty good for this point in your prep.

If what you are doing is working, like you said, keep doing it.

Going from Albuquerque to Flint must have been quite a shock. lol I remember competing at the Whiting Auditorium back in 92 when I was 22 years old. It was the natural Mid-Michigan, I believe. God I am old.

I look forward to following your run up to this show.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 03-22-2015, 07:26 AM   #9
The Stallion

I'm originally from Flint MI and going from Flint to Albuquerque... yea huge change in pace and culture lol. Glad to be back home. Beautiful place though.

11 weeks out. Sitting at 208.4lbs.

Pics taken this AM on empty stomach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11weeksMI.jpg (26.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 11weeksMIa.jpg (26.9 KB, 55 views)
Old 03-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #10
The Stallion

pics taken tonight.

204lbs at 10.5 weeks out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11 week miaa.jpg (24.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 11 week mib.jpg (28.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 05-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #11
The Stallion

I know I've been absent from this. Had some life issues sort of pop up. Wasn't sure if was going to do the show.

Decided at 8 weeks out to restart my prep.

Kept the diet much more consistent and incorporated skip loading every sat.

Worked up to a 16 hour load and everything was working fine. Losing 2lbs every week. Got down to 201 lbs. then last week decided to drop my carbs below 100 and lower my fats just to help burn this stubborn fat on my glutes.

I ended up gaining 2lbs ironically. Lowered my skip load to 12 hrs.

Now at 3.5 weeks out I'm at 204 lbs (from 203 baseline Saturday) not sure why the 2 lb increase. I'll see if I can get back down to 201lbs by Saturday.

Everything was going smooth until recnetly. Only chnags I made 4.5 weeks out where lowered carbs to 80 and I added 30 asparagus spears to my diet and a 2nd session of cardio in the mid Afternoon. I increased 2 lbs.

I'll finish this week and see how it pans out. I'll have pics uploaded in a few hours. (On my phone now)

Should I keep lowered my skip load? I'm rather lost and I feel behind and I won't be able to bring in the conditioning to win.

Like I said I'll have pics in a few hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.39 MB, 39 views)
Old 05-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #12
The Stallion

both pics taken this mid afternoon.

diet is currently

380 protein
75 grams of carbs
fats roughly 15 grams. (8oz eye of round steak before bed)

i removed the 2nd cardio session and only doing 45 mins first thing in the AM

again since i made these changes ive increased weight. I suppose more doesnt mean better?

at this rate im not sure what route to take. The skip loading was going awesome. I feel it still is. I would baseline the 5th day and on day 6 and day 7 i would drop a pound. (total 2 pounds for the week). It was like clock work.

Any advice would be great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dfdfg.jpg (26.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg fff.jpg (26.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #13
RobbHensel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stallion View Post
both pics taken this mid afternoon.

diet is currently

380 protein
75 grams of carbs
fats roughly 15 grams. (8oz eye of round steak before bed)

i removed the 2nd cardio session and only doing 45 mins first thing in the AM

again since i made these changes ive increased weight. I suppose more doesnt mean better?

at this rate im not sure what route to take. The skip loading was going awesome. I feel it still is. I would baseline the 5th day and on day 6 and day 7 i would drop a pound. (total 2 pounds for the week). It was like clock work.

Any advice would be great.
IMO too much protein, drop protein, I'd go 50g carbs pwo only, add some fats in there and get your skip load in
RobbHensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #14
Ken "Skip" Hill

Something other than the diet is causing the issue and just because your weight is up doesn't mean you aren't leaner. I can't say you are or you aren't because I haven't followed your prep but keep in mind that the scale doesn't always dictate leanness.

Likely variables that have made your weight go up are:

change in gear
change in fluid intake
change in condiment use/sources
change in food sources (even if you think the macros are the same doesn't mean they are)
just started cardio after a lay off or just started a new workout schedule

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 05-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
The Stallion

I just quit my job. Literally 2 weeks ago. Manual labor and on my feet all day.

Started personal training full time. I figured the 2nd cardio session was needed because of this.

Only change to my diet is the added asparagus and the dropping of carbs and fats. No different condiments. 2 gallons of water consistently.

I swear I'm getting leaner. I just feel way behind schedule. Last Thursday I was posing and I looked the best I've ever looked in my life! Then Friday morning 2lbs weight increase!

You have a point. I know it's water. I've added arimidex ED.

Should I still keep my skip load in at 12 hours? Or decrease?

I really don't think the skipload is the culprit. I've started at 8 weeks out with a 6 hour load and I was baseline every 5th day. Even last week I baselines at 201 then jumped to 203.

I'm going to keep doing my thing and grinding my gears.

I'm sure it's in my head. It's because of that number I feel I look like shit.

Perhaps I'll go back to my 2 cardio sessions next week based on what you just said.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:32 AM   #16
Ken "Skip" Hill

If you were doing labor all day and then stopped that and you are only personal training, your activity levels are likely considerably lower right now. That sounds like the most obvious issue.

Also, were you sweating like a horse while doing the labor work all day? If so, you could now be holding more water if your water intake is still the same.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 05-14-2015, 07:34 AM   #17
The Stallion

It was rather slow during this time of year but yes sweating some what.

After quitting my job, I lowered my calories (reducing carbs and fats) and added the second session of mid after noon cardio for 30 mins. This is when weight gain started to occur.

An update for this week how ever; I'm up 1 lbs (201 before I skip loaded on the 2nd, baselined 201 on the 7th, 203 on the 8th and 9th. Skip loaded, only gained 8lbs normally I gain 10-11lbs, now this week today I'm at 204lbs.)

My weight is increasing. But I can feel I'm getting leaner. I'm pinching around my glutes and thighs and I swear the fat is getting smaller. But I am holding a considerable amount of water I feel. You can tell by the pics my lower body is blurry and undefined.

Before I put this prep on hiatus I got down to 198 lbs. filled back out to 220, started this thread and dropped down to 208 and then kind of just sat around deciding what I was going to do and my weight hovered 208-210 and then restarted prep at 8 weeks out.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:44 AM   #18
The Stallion

I don't know what's going on. I try not to hold on to the past, but in my Preps before I always saw 1-2 lbs weight loss. I very rarely changed my diet.

My physiology has definitely changed since my last prep 4 years ago (I would hope so) and it certainly changed after my "short break" and gaining 20lbs.

Not going to lie, best I've ever looked at this weight. I've made some phenomenal gains, but this isn't going to win a state title.

I'll do my best with the time and resources I have. I think me falling off track (when everything was perfect and I was eating lots of food and carb cycling) is the for sure culprit for me not being successful this prep.

How ever my life is at a complete 180 degrees and I'm in a much much better place and I found my purpose and things are great.

Soooo...in just going to keep grinding these last 3 weeks, keep skip loading at 12 hours, step on stage, then focus on another competition where it'll be 16 weeks of pure consistent progression, in a much better, stable, environment.

I would also love to work with you skip for my next go around. So perhaps investing into your services in the future will be in the works. Been a while since I've had s mentor.

No way I can fail next time. Plus I would love to continue the skip loading especially at 16 weeks out so I can get s further understanding of my body and carbs etc.

Skip loading definelty is the bees knees lol. I look my best during the first 4 hours of loading I notice. The morning after I look fucking gnarly. Of course consuming water during the day you lose the detial but I notice I look my best during and the day after my load

Last edited by The Stallion; 05-14-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #19
The Stallion

So I took a break from cardio. Skipped cardio Thursday - Sunday (today) and dropped 2lbs!

Friday evening I was looking flatter than usuall, how ever my mid section was grainy and tight and glutes and hams where much more tighter. I was peeing so much Friday. Skipping cardio seemed to have down me well.

Loaded on Saturday at 202lbs base line.

I ended up with a 16 hour load. Basing it off hunger, I was literally hungry all day. The first 7 hours I don't think I stopped eating. This is the most I've ever eaten I think and stayed comfortable and paced myself.

Here is what my load looked like...

Skip load 5/16

5am 6-8 pancakes with maple syrup
3 bowls coco puffs with protein powder
2-4 granola bars

8am (grazing led to bagels and my 2nd meal of homemade pizzas) 3 cinnamon raisin bagels with fat free cream cheese and jelly
3 home made pizzas(white bread, marinara sauce, fat free cheese, low fat Parmesan)

11am 3 fat free turkey sandwiches (ff turkey, ff cheese, light mayo)
3-6 snack well cookies

2pm granola bars, fat free fig newtons, snack well cookies. (Continue to graze at this point)

4:30pm 2 bowls of pasta (ff cheese, marinara, reduced fat parmesan)
Ben and Jerries froyo

7pm 3 bowls Special K chocolate strawberry cereal with protein powder

10pm small bowl of pasta
3 fig newtons

Grazed on granola bars, fat free fig newtons, snack well cookies. I would also have some bagels if still hungry.

I ate for 6 hours straight pacing myself. Hunger as gauge I slowed down around 2 pm just getting in small amounts of granola bars and fig newtons. Once appetite was back I had my pasta and frozen yogurt.

After frozen yogurt this is where it gets tough. Diary seems to bloat me bad. It's hard to eat and I'm very uncomfortable. All day was good until frozen yogurt. Well probably eliminate next load.

Again, another 9 lbs gain (211lbs). So at least my weight is being consistent.

I mind if I eat all the way till bed time I'll hold on to all this water weight for the day and just remain bloated and heavy. I'll drop 6lbs over Monday night how ever.

If I end my load 4 hrs before bed (even 2 hrs) and just have my normal last meal I won't be bloated all day the next day and I'll drop 2-3 lbs over night.

Just an observation.

3 weeks out now. Going to keep diet the same but probabaly cut back cardio. I was thinking maybe skip out this whole week and start back up at 2 weeks out, but I probabaly want to do any cardio final week.

So Monday I'm thinking 30 mins of cardio and just do 5 days a week for next 2 weeks (5 days this week and next week)
Old 05-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #20
Ken "Skip" Hill

I would be happy to work with you in the future. Just let me know.

In the meantime, keep grinding and kill these last 3 weeks.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 05-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #21
The Stallion

14 days out. 208lbs day after a 12 hour skip load.

carbs are at 50 grams daily and fats are low. I cut back my cardio to 30 mins 5 times a week and im finding that my weight drops rapdily after the skiploads and doesnt fluctuate.

Im getting tighter around my glutes and thighs but not sure if ill have enough time. Ill post another shot thursday once I get the water off me from the load.

thinking of just running the diet for the next 2 weeks. skip the load on saturday and load into the show friday night and saturday morning after water shut off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dddf.jpg (27.4 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by The Stallion; 05-24-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #22
The Stallion

I'll get some pics tonight.

Just a small update.

197.8 lbs today. Weight is going down daily.

Diet is sitting at 50 carbs/ 380 pro/ and 12-15 fat

Cardio at 30 mins. Probably going to make Monday my last cardio day.

Thinking of just doing a skip load meal. One meal that consist of pancakes, bagels, and cereal. Just eat till I'm full or don't exceed one hour.

Then back on the diet and probably won't load again until Friday night before the show.