X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruno
    Intense Set of the Month winner April, May, July, August and September 2008
    • Dec 2007

Ending a blast with a bang

Yesterday I few people asked me when I was going to post another video, so I thought I would do it today. If people get sick of it just let me know and I'll keep it to my journal.

I have been lifting hard for about 10-11 weeks, and this coming week is very busy, so it is time to take a week off. I don't want to because I am making some good progress strength-wise, but my body is feeling very beat up and something I have learned is that it is better to take a proactive cruise and take 7-10 days completely away from the gym then wait until you are truly wasted, which risks injury and usually necessitates a longer cruise. Seeing as this was my last week, I pushed it real hard and my happy with the how it went.

Here are some deadlifts I did this morning. I wanted to test how many reps I could get using double my bodyweight, which is 350 (weighed 175.1 this morning at the gym). Last time I tried this, I was 10 lbs lighter and pulled 330x12, and that was early in the blast when I was fresher. Today I hit 350x16 at the end of the blast, so I was very happy with this. I also used to take a lot longer pauses between reps, and sets could take around 2 minutes. Here I did the first 12 reps stragith through and took breaks for the last 4, but still not as long as in the past. People have mentioned that they get sick of seeing deadlift videos, so I apologize for that, but I must say that it is probably my favorite lift, and I am most pleased when I PR on this lift. I also love watching guys like Shelby pulling heavy and hard, which motivates me a lot. I can't wait to see Super D, Dusty, and Learning DC (or anyone else for that matter) rip some massive pulls.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I often end up failing on my last rep, but as you will see, the last rep took 10 seconds so there was no way I was getting another. I was glad to lock it out without hitching (though there was a lot of shaking LOL) because I sometimes struggle with the lockout.

It sucks taking a cruise when things are going well, but like I said, my body is feeling bery beat up and I think it's better to take a proactive cruise than wait until it's too late. I have one more upper body workout and then 7-10 days off.
    Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985
  • Ironraider
    Light-heavyweight Member
    • May 2007

Bruno...love this stuff bro! I really admire your hard work ethic and sticking with program. Obviously, you're doing everything correctly.

As you shared...you have to know your body when it is time to cruise and when to keep pushing. Like you, my strength was still rising, but my body was getting dinged, and the symptoms were there to hit the brakes.

I just ended my cruise this past Monday and I'm working on new baseline numbers.

Great job...I look forward to more vids!
    When you're a hammer...the rest of the world looks like a nail...

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured

Comment

• Jerzey
      Light-heavyweight Member
      • Jun 2006

Badass!!!
      Discount code BDM999
      By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

• olinerules87
        Light-heavyweight Member
        • May 2007

great set Bruno
        sigpic

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
        1 Timothy 4:8

Comment

• MilitaryMuscle
          Super-heavyweight Member
          • Mar 2007

you are a fucking animal bruno!

(i also think skip may be jelious if he sees your tan lol)
          "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Comment

• VTliftVT
            • May 2008

I loved seeing you push through that the way you did. So many people would have stopped around rep 12 when you just keep going and going....thats intense muscle right there

Comment

• bruno
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Ironraider
              Bruno...love this stuff bro! I really admire your hard work ethic and sticking with program. Obviously, you're doing everything correctly.

As you shared...you have to know your body when it is time to cruise and when to keep pushing. Like you, my strength was still rising, but my body was getting dinged, and the symptoms were there to hit the brakes.

I just ended my cruise this past Monday and I'm working on new baseline numbers.

Great job...I look forward to more vids!
              Thanks man I appreciate that. Sometimes it is harder to be smart than it is to be stupid. It's never fun to take a break but it's very necessary. I am getting about this with time.

Originally posted by Jerzey
              Badass!!!
              Originally posted by olinerules87
              great set Bruno
              Thanks guys.

Originally posted by MilitaryMuscle
              you are a fucking animal bruno!

(i also think skip may be jelious if he sees your tan lol)
              Thanks man. LOL, that is a side effect of being Italian.

Originally posted by VTliftVT
              I loved seeing you push through that the way you did. So many people would have stopped around rep 12 when you just keep going and going....thats intense muscle right there
              Thanks man. To people that don't like to lift it seems a little crazy, but as all the guys here know, the fun comes in the struggle. Once the set gets tough, that's when the real fun starts.
              Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985

Comment

• syssstem
                Intense Muscle Competitor
                • Nov 2008

awsome lift man! your starting to look super thick

Comment

• --XXX--
                  Intense Set of the Month November 2009, April 2010
                  • Jun 2009

Your videos are NEVER boring, doesn't matter if it is a dead lift or not. I must say that it is absolutely motivational to watch you push through fatigue. I take you with me to the gym whether you know it or not. Waiting to get an ISOM video good enough to rival you. LOL By the way, what audio is that?
                  Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
                  My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

Comment

• bruno
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by syssstem
                    awsome lift man! your starting to look super thick
                    Thanks man. I have continued to get bigger throughout the year steadily, not fast.

Originally posted by --XXX--
                    Your videos are NEVER boring, doesn't matter if it is a dead lift or not. I must say that it is absolutely motivational to watch you push through fatigue. I take you with me to the gym whether you know it or not. Waiting to get an ISOM video good enough to rival you. LOL By the way, what audio is that?
                    Thanks man. I am glad that I can motivate some people. It really helps me to have some of the experienced members like homonuculous and Shelby posting videos going balls to the wall with heavy weights, and it really drives me to push myself. I wish more people would post, as it really can motivate others, and it can also help the person posting. I hope people do not hold back because they aren't the biggest or the strongest. Nobody here will talk badly about anyone that is trying hard, and there is no reason why ANYONE can't try hard, regardless of size. I hope to see some from you in the future man!

The song is called "Halo" by Soil

Comment

• --XXX--
                      Intense Set of the Month November 2009, April 2010
                      • Jun 2009

Thanks Bruno. Great way to put it. I've yet to see anyone get shamed on this site for being a mouse with the heart of a lion.
                      Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
                      My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

Comment

• milkstud
                        Heavyweight Member
                        • Nov 2007

thats just unreal man, to match that I would have to do 560 for 16!!?!?! Your pound for pound the strongest guy i've ever seen...
                        I'm a POOR COLLEGE STUDENT and you need protein, SO DO IT!!!Use my discount code kyb999 at www.trueprotein.com to get 5% off the top protein avaliable. 10% off if you order 16lbs or more!!

My Journal:
                        http://www.intensemuscle.com/27817-m...ournal-40.html

Comment

• bruno
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by --XXX--
                          Thanks Bruno. Great way to put it. I've yet to see anyone get shamed on this site for being a mouse with the heart of a lion.
                          This is a great group of people here. Many places I would feel embarrassed to post videos with all bigger and stronger guys but here those bigger and stronger encourage you and drive you to work harder. I am very thankful to have some great people here.

Originally posted by milkstud
                          thats just unreal man, to match that I would have to do 560 for 16!!?!?! Your pound for pound the strongest guy i've ever seen...
                          Thanks man, but there are MUCH stronger people at my size, and lots of them. Hell, Brian Schwab has pulled like 600 pounds at 148 lbs--nuts. I don't what he was weighing, but I have also seen Shelby rep out 405 for about the same reps as I did 350 like it was nothing. Also, pound for pound strength is cool, but at the end of the day a 250 pound guy pulling 455x10 is going to be bigger and stronger than a guy doing 350x16 at 175. My goal is to keep getting as strong as I can and chase the beasts around here. I have a long way to go strength wise, but I look forward to the process since I am really enjoying this stuff.

Comment

• dice77
                            Heavyweight Member
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by bruno
                            It sucks taking a cruise when things are going well, but like I said, my body is feeling bery beat up and I think it's better to take a proactive cruise than wait until it's too late. I have one more upper body workout and then 7-10 days off.
                            Thanks for the advice Bruno. I'm planning on starting a cruise August 23. I"m feeling a little beat up as well but my first blast has been so successful, I don't want to stop. However, I know a cruise is necessary and I keep telling myself to stick with the program.

Are you doing anything gym related during those 7-10 days off?

Nice work with those deadlifts!

Comment

• IronReload 04
                              Heavyweight Member
                              • Nov 2004

you know how stubborn most people are about taking time off? Cruising is an incredibly smart thing to do imo. I have this belief that 99% of people you see in a gym at a given time are over trained.

Way to go man. To more continued success

Comment

Working...