Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Intense Set of the Month

Intense Set of the Month Intensity caught on video! Monthly contest to reward the person that performs the most intense set of the month (ISOM) with proper form on a given exercise. Sponsor prizes are awarded to the winner every month!

Old 12-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
anabolic2k
Intense Muscle Competitor

My old knees are fooked and i cant hack anymore!!!

Only quad exercises i can do nowadays are single leg leg press, Trap bar squat, very high rep leg extension (50r + ), Hammer squat machine and very occasionally SB squats and heavy sled drags and pushes!

Used to love proper squats and hack squats back in the day but a few injuries and fybromyalgia now hold me back when quad training!!!

Stew
Old 12-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #27
mentalflex
ISOM Winner February 2012

Did something different than the tradition hack:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
2015 Beat Cancer!
mentalflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #28
moco
IM Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitor

Thanks MF!

Come on guys, only a little over a week remaining to get your entries in and so far there are only three people who have submitted videos. Honest question - what is that keeps you from submitting a video? I know one person mentioned that the requirement to post to Facebook is a barrier/deterrent. What else?

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #29
mateus
ISOM Old School Winner November 2013

I have to wonder if people are afraid, or apprehensive, about others outside of this community/world seeing the videos and thinking it is [insert adjective or noun here]. That is the only reason that I can think of with the FB posting. I don't know that you will get many honest answers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
orders by using discount code MTM281

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn
mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #30
0001Delta

Since so few people joined in I feel obligated to justify myself. Only reason I'm not participating:

1) Can't train legs (left leg)

2) I don't have a hack squat.

Maybe I'll pull a circus act tomorrow and do a one-legged barbell hack If the guy with the broken leg and partially ultra screwed up quad is posting an entry then you motherfuckers HAVE to post yours, lol

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip
0001Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #31
Imprezivr6
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 198lb Raw Club Total 1642

Since you are looking for honest answers this is my point of view with the whole Facebook thing. I FULLY understand why you guys want it done, however I think for myself, for bragging rights, it is a turnoff. When you have sponsors giving stuff away, or prizes to be won, then that changes and adding stipulations makes perfect sense.

I don't use Facebook, and really don't want my video up on the IM FB, just to have a bunch of random people who many are probably not even members here, or never even touched a weight, have the ability to interject their 2 cents, or give the typical "youtube" type bullshit reply. I have no ability to control the video, respond back, or even wanna get sucked into some stupid ass debate.

And to be clear, I actually like that the contests went back to the bragging right type of deal. That is what it was always about, and that should be enough of a reward.

I feel to some extent what Mateus said is true too. Some people don't really want to mix their "real life" into internet life. Maybe it does have something to do with it for others.

That said, I am not trying to be a bitch, and am perfectly fine just sitting out. I would have never even mentioned it had it not been asked..lol
Imprezivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
Since you are looking for honest answers this is my point of view with the whole Facebook thing. I FULLY understand why you guys want it done, however I think for myself, for bragging rights, it is a turnoff. When you have sponsors giving stuff away, or prizes to be won, then that changes and adding stipulations makes perfect sense.

I don't use Facebook, and really don't want my video up on the IM FB, just to have a bunch of random people who many are probably not even members here, or never even touched a weight, have the ability to interject their 2 cents, or give the typical "youtube" type bullshit reply. I have no ability to control the video, respond back, or even wanna get sucked into some stupid ass debate.

And to be clear, I actually like that the contests went back to the bragging right type of deal. That is what it was always about, and that should be enough of a reward.

I feel to some extent what Mateus said is true too. Some people don't really want to mix their "real life" into internet life. Maybe it does have something to do with it for others.

That said, I am not trying to be a bitch, and am perfectly fine just sitting out. I would have never even mentioned it had it not been asked..lol
I am glad you posted this. Thanks for your honesty. I think you are in the majority with your logic and train of thought as it pertains to the video outside of IM.

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn
Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #33
mentalflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0001Delta View Post
Since so few people joined in I feel obligated to justify myself. Only reason I'm not participating:

1) Can't train legs (left leg)

2) I don't have a hack squat.

Maybe I'll pull a circus act tomorrow and do a one-legged barbell hack If the guy with the broken leg and partially ultra screwed up quad is posting an entry then you motherfuckers HAVE to post yours, lol
Delta, your penis called... it wants its testicles back

2015 Beat Cancer!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #34
moco
IM Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezivr6 View Post

Thanks for the feedback.

Of course, in addition to sparking involvement and competition among the existing members here at IM, part of the reason that the ISOM is held is to drive more traffic to the site and grow the membership base... which is why it is asked to share on Facebook to create some awareness and generate interest among some of your friends that may share a common interest in weight training, bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc. But if there are certain things that are limiting participation then it is helpful for us to know so that we can determine ways to address those issues and get more people involved. Feedback like yours can help us do that, so thank you.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

moco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #35
TLopez
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal:

Last edited by TLopez; 02-19-2017 at 12:27 PM.
TLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #36
Hop
The Artist Former Known as Kidrok / Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moco View Post
thanks for the feedback.

Of course, in addition to sparking involvement and competition among the existing members here at im, part of the reason that the isom is held is to drive more traffic to the site and grow the membership base... Which is why it is asked to share on facebook to create some awareness and generate interest among some of your friends that may share a common interest in weight training, bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc. But if there are certain things that are limiting participation then it is helpful for us to know so that we can determine ways to address those issues and get more people involved. Feedback like yours can help us do that, so thank you.
"like"

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page:
Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #37
Hop

See what I did there? Just a little facebook humor....hahahahahahaa

Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #38
Hop

Seriously, feedback to the site and what we do is good as that is the best way for us to make improvements.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #39
TLopez
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013

As promised, here's mine.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Journal:

Last edited by TLopez; 12-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #40
Hop

Last day comin' up!

Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #41
mentalflex

Is a winner going to be announced?

2015 Beat Cancer!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #42
Hop

Soon, just waiting for everyone in the mod forum to vote. Been rough with the holidays.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #43
Hop

Mr. TLopez.....
Congrats on winning the December 2013 ISOM-OS with the baddest Hacks of the bunch!!!
PM Skip with your info.

Mental, you were a close 2nd in everybody's book due to the intensity. I could feel the burn in my quads (and the ache in my knees) just from watching!

Good job bay all, lets keep the vids coming!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #44
mentalflex

Congrats Tony!

2015 Beat Cancer!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #45
phoenix13
Moderator of Female Forum

Congrats TLopez!

Your stomach was pumping so hard to get wind as the set progressed, I thought an alien was gonna pop out.
2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Use Code DOM649 at
for a discount.
phoenix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #46
mateus

Congrats Lopez!

Old 01-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #47
Jared Ragsdale
TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer

It was a very close one for Mentalflex and TLopez for me - Congrats Tony!

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
FB:

Email:

Jared Ragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #48
TLopez

Thanks a lot guys!

I really would like to see more participation in these contests.

If it helps, I will be willing to post entries on the IM FB page, if this is your only hang up.

Journal:
Old 01-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #49
TLopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
Congrats TLopez!

Your stomach was pumping so hard to get wind as the set progressed, I thought an alien was gonna pop out.
I went back to look and you're right. I had no idea I was breathing so heavy. Does look pretty gross. lol

Journal:
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #50
Heckman

Nice job T! You made 24hr fatness in RSD/Bagdad real proud :-)

Heckman is online now   Reply With Quote