Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Intense Set of the Month

Intense Set of the Month Intensity caught on video! Monthly contest to reward the person that performs the most intense set of the month (ISOM) with proper form on a given exercise. Sponsor prizes are awarded to the winner every month!

Old 10-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #26
liftweights
Lightweight Member

Yeah my logbook looks just like Mental's minus the blood and chalk. Mostly just resembling it in the shitty handwriting department.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
liftweights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #27
TLopez
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013

That's a good thing.

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
DC_catholic315
Light-heavyweight Member

I use to make my wife log my shit so I could actually read it... Sigh... Now she's on nights as a nurse so my handwriting is shitty as well

DC_catholic315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #29
Hop
The Artist Former Known as Kidrok / Super Moderator

Get ready for a comeback announcement November 1st!

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page:
Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
martin_h
Middleweight Member

LOL awesome log mental.

I love how my log book is all neat and tidy as I write down what Im doing before the gym..then when Im training and attempting to write what I just did, it looks like the chronicles of a mad man scrawling on walls. Its not uncommon for me to write " too heavy, 'throwing the weight up', drop weight for next time and do it right. " which tends to end up taking up about 5 lines, in italic, squiggle font and some letters being huge and others being small.
martin_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
mentalflex
ISOM Winner February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_h View Post
LOL awesome log mental.

I love how my log book is all neat and tidy as I write down what Im doing before the gym..then when Im training and attempting to write what I just did, it looks like the chronicles of a mad man scrawling on walls. Its not uncommon for me to write " too heavy, 'throwing the weight up', drop weight for next time and do it right. " which tends to end up taking up about 5 lines, in italic, squiggle font and some letters being huge and others being small.
I talk to myself in my logbook... "fuck you! You little bitch".... "Move some fucking weight!"... "Do or die you piece of shit!" ... "Get motha fuckin' swole!" ..."GROW!"..."Tear it up!"..."Fuck limits" ..."Kill weakness"

I definitely have a few screws loose.... but I'm going to make 2014 one hell of a year

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
2015 Beat Cancer!
mentalflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
breck
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter and Competitive Bodybuilder 1000lb Raw Club

I pooped my pants squeezing out 1 more deadlift rep. I had to drop the weight and run to the bathroom before the turd fell on the gym floor.
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM
order - Use Code RHB606
breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #33
breck
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter and Competitive Bodybuilder 1000lb Raw Club

I pooped my pants squeezing out 1 more deadlift rep. I had to drop the weight and run to the bathroom before the turd fell on the gym floor.
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

order - Use Code RHB606
Old 10-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #34
mentalflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by breck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck View Post
Yeah, Breck.... we heard you the first time...

2015 Beat Cancer!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #35
breck

Sorry.... Damn phone
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

order - Use Code RHB606
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #36
0001Delta

Damn you guys, I'm sitting here with my leg in a cast and now I'm wishing I could go train and maybe squat myself into a puking frenzy

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip
0001Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #37
0001Delta

I do remember having to sit down after a leg press set of 40 reps and not moving for 20-30 minutes.

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip
Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #38
mentalflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0001Delta View Post
Damn you guys, I'm sitting here with my leg in a cast and now I'm wishing I could go train and maybe squat myself into a puking frenzy
Bitch

2015 Beat Cancer!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #39
0001Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalflex View Post
Bitch
One day, there might be the chance you'll wake up and find there's a 30-inch thick leg cast jammed up your butt, just sayin'

Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #40
mentalflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0001Delta View Post
One day, there might be the chance you'll wake up and find there's a 30-inch thick leg cast jammed up your butt, just sayin'

30 inches....? I've done bigger...

2015 Beat Cancer!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #41
PhoebeusFenix
Intense Muscle Competitor

Ready to kill a isom!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #42
FRANK_KOVACIC
Middleweight Member

When I was in college I somehow got it in my head that I wasn't hardcore unless I woke up at 4am to train and do 20 sets per bodypart like Tom Platz and Lee Priest. I used to model my routines after theirs and assumed all those sets had to be to failure. When I started training legs seriously; I vomited during those workouts of stomach acid since I trained on an empty stomach. Then off to school I went. Later it was of Labrada Supercharge or Gaspari Superpump 250. My "puke bucket" was an empty container of Ultimate Nutrition's Muscle Juice 2544, which contains everyone's favourite musclebuilding nutrient: Crystalline Fructose.
FRANK_KOVACIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #43
theroymccoy
Heavyweight Member

Ya'll mothafuckas need Jesus.

theroymccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #44
Bellina
Lightweight Member

I burst a blood vessel in my left eye during squats some years ago. Sadly it's still there.
Bellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #45
Hop
The Artist Former Known as Kidrok / Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellina View Post
I burst a blood vessel in my left eye during squats some years ago. Sadly it's still there.
Your eye or the burst blood vessel?

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page:
Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #46
Sammich
Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroymccoy View Post
Who do you think gave me the black eye? That was my punishment for not hitting the number of reps he prescribed.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
Zoroaster
Bantamweight Member

reps for jesus?

Zoroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #48
0001Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroymccoy View Post
Ironically enough, my old training partner was called Jesus.