Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Intense Set of the Month

Intense Set of the Month Intensity caught on video! Monthly contest to reward the person that performs the most intense set of the month (ISOM) with proper form on a given exercise. Sponsor prizes are awarded to the winner every month!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Doberman
Advertising Manager / Intense Muscle Competitor

November 2012 ISOM Sponsor Gripsfear Product Review

As many of you know I love switching things up. I love variation, cycling training, and effective training tools. The key word is effective. I recently came across a product called Gripsfear (As in Grips sphere). Cool name, but was it going to work. Well, we tested these bad boys out. The first thing you will notice is that they are made out of a dense rubber and that they snap securely onto the bar or dumbbell. We first tried them out on EZ-Curl Preachers. We had to lighten the load, but our arms got an incredible pump. I can't really give a scientific reason why I like these so much, but for biceps they kill. I think one reason they are so good is that your palm is shaped somewhat like a ball. Your middle fingers are longer and your end fingers are shorter. It's a much more natural grip. Here is our first video using them:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place

Trueprotein.com
Use Discount Code DDS463
MAG Sponsored Athlete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Doberman

I decided to challenge my training partner to a hard superset of reverse curls EZ Bar Curls, and Regular EZ Bar curls. The key was control and squeezing. You should be able to tell from Jon's expression how effective this was. Want Popeye forearms, get these asap!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Trueprotein.com
Use Discount Code DDS463
MAG Sponsored Athlete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Doberman

I decided to challenge my training partner to a hard superset of reverse curls EZ Bar Curls, and Regular EZ Bar curls. The key was control and squeezing. You should be able to tell from Jon's expression how effective this was. Want Popeye forearms, get these asap!

+ YouTube Video

Trueprotein.com
Use Discount Code DDS463
MAG Sponsored Athlete

Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
mentalflex
ISOM Winner February 2012

Thanks for the review Doberman!

These seem like awesome forearm blasters. Have you tried any pressing exercises with these? It seems like they might force one to stabilize their body or the bar better and provide for a different stimulus.

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
2015 Beat Cancer!
mentalflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Doberman

I prefer the FatGripz for pressing, but I have only tested them a little in this regard. I'm going to the gym today for chest and shoulders so I may change my mind. I see what your saying about changing the stimulus. Regardless I will use both tools. I would definitely recommend these for forearms alone. The way that DC is structured it would really supercharge your forearm exercise. I'm way into my off season and after my set of reverse curls my forearms looked like road maps.

Trueprotein.com
Use Discount Code DDS463
MAG Sponsored Athlete

Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
c.m.

cool product. gripsfear for bi, grenade for tri. good forearm work. esp with fatgrpz
c.m. is offline   Reply With Quote