Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Intense Set of the Month

Intense Set of the Month Intensity caught on video! Monthly contest to reward the person that performs the most intense set of the month (ISOM) with proper form on a given exercise. Sponsor prizes are awarded to the winner every month!

Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Doberman
Advertising Manager / Intense Muscle Competitor

Intense Set of the Month November 2012

Greetings. First, I want to thank the individuals that competed in September's contest. Those that did put a great effort. I encourage you to compete in the next contest.

We skipped October's Intense set of the month. Although we got a lot of views in September, our number of contestants was very low. In order for us to do a great contest and get the great sponsors we have we need a good turnout.

To that end we are revamping things a bit. First we are starting a sign up list so we can see if the interest is there. We need 10 people to commit by the 1st of November for us to do the contest. If we have 10 commit I am pretty sure we will get 2-3 at least that will jump on as this gets going. Just remember if you commit I'll be on you to get your video up. We have some great products that we want to give out, but we just need your support. So post below if you are up for the challenge!

This will be a unique one this month so stay tuned!
2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place

Trueprotein.com
Use Discount Code DDS463
MAG Sponsored Athlete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
mateus
ISOM Old School Winner November 2013

Adductor machine, c'moooon adductor machine!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
orders by using discount code MTM281

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn
mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
mateus
ISOM Old School Winner November 2013

I'm in as long as it is not legs.

orders by using discount code MTM281

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn
mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Big R
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1370 Total in the 242 class

Nice!

Might need a peak at what kind of exercise we're gonna do. Obviously the above was being facetious (I'm pretty sure ???), but if we were gonna have that be the ISOM exercise I don't really have anything in my gym I could do for that, so if I committed I'd probably redact it.

Maybe throw out options in order to not fully give away the lift? Also you guys might not ever pick obscure things, I havent' been around long enough to know the ISOM history lol
Big R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
JohnnyBravo
Light-heavyweight Member

I'm in if it's not something weird that I don't have the equipment for.
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
TLopez
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013

I suggest smith machine standing overhead press. The only thing is, Me, Mentalflex and Doberman would be the only 3 competitors.
TLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
grammo13
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLopez View Post
I suggest smith machine standing overhead press. The only thing is, Me, Mentalflex and Doberman would be the only 3 competitors.
Unless you train at iron sport. I go there sometimes and they have a smith machine that is custom made 1.5ft taller than standard. I can do full presses in there at 6'3" =] So bring on the smith overhead presses!! lol
grammo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
0001Delta

I fell like I should write this, since I've been here for quite a while and I never participate on the ISOM ( though I'd love to), it's because:

A) I don't live in the US. And I know that shipping rates to were I am is expensive as fuck. With this is mind and, the fact that I don't know if people outside the us can apply for the ISOM, and the fact that I don't make the sponsors and TN spend too much money on shipping

B) I'm constantly injuried/healing from/working through/ injuries, re-injuring myself. This, and the fact that there's some exercises I'm naturally weak at due to my weird physiology, makes me give up on submitting a video because I know I won't bring much intensity to the table.

Now, if people outside the US can submit, and if you guys happen to select an exercise I excell at, then I'll happly submit .... in other words gimme a one-arm row ISOM or a DB shoulder press ISOM and watch me kick ass lol

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip
0001Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
0001Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammo13 View Post
Unless you train at iron sport. I go there sometimes and they have a smith machine that is custom made 1.5ft taller than standard. I can do full presses in there at 6'3" =] So bring on the smith overhead presses!! lol
Weird.

My gym has a smith by Hammer. It's the "standard" model. It's gigantic, although I still manage to hit the bar on the top when OVHP due to my monkey arms.

And no I'm not a midget lol.

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip
Old 10-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
Big R
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1370 Total in the 242 class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0001Delta View Post
Weird.

My gym has a smith by Hammer. It's the "standard" model. It's gigantic, although I still manage to hit the bar on the top when OVHP due to my monkey arms.

And no I'm not a midget lol.
Yeah, I couldn't use a smith machine for standing OHP either for that reason.

The last contest looked really reasonable. I think the exercise was any squat variation. So I imagine if they did something like row variations, we wouldn't have to do a hammer strength iso lateral high row (which is my favorite hammer strength machine, and my second favorite machine after GHR) but could do soem bent over rows or something.

I couldn't do military pressing for instance because of a shoulder impingement. I can do benching just fine unless it's flat, straight bar benching.
Big R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Doberman
Advertising Manager / Intense Muscle Competitor

It will not be legs. We are going to do any bicep exercise. This can be anything, and can include supersets, drop sets, or whatever makes a vein explode in your forehead. Creativity and intensity may play a part this time around. Who's confirmed for it?
2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place

Trueprotein.com
Use Discount Code DDS463
MAG Sponsored Athlete

Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
mentalflex
ISOM Winner February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman View Post
It will not be legs. We are going to do any bicep exercise. This can be anything, and can include supersets, drop sets, or whatever makes a vein explode in your forehead. Creativity and intensity may play a part this time around. Who's confirmed for it?
Yeah...I need to do one.

Confirmed.

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
2015 Beat Cancer!
mentalflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
0001Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman View Post
Confirmed here
Biceps is something I'm actually good at.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
barrym1986

I am not committing yet... but if there is a pathetic set of the money (kind of like poker high low) I got this! Haha. When would the video be do by as I am coming up on a 2 week deload. By the way do I get extra points for having star wars tattoos on my biceps?
barrym1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
7_Deadly_Sins
Intense Muscle Competitor

In

7_Deadly_Sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #16
TLopez
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013

I'm in.

Now I just need to decide on which tank top to wear!
TLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #17
moparfreak360
Bantamweight Member

I would say yes but then i saw it was biceps lol
moparfreak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #18
JohnnyBravo
Light-heavyweight Member

In
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #19
daneoz
Middleweight Member

Put me down for a maybe
Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
hoosback

i'll join the arm's race. I'm in
hoosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #21
MusclesAreSexy

I'm in. Well in.

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.
MusclesAreSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #22
hoosback

Originally Posted by 0001Delta
I'll happly submit .... in other words gimme a one-arm row ISOM.

I'd play on this one also. Just jackin' around during today's workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6gZGv3Rq4
hoosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #23
big ross
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosback View Post
Originally Posted by 0001Delta
I'll happly submit .... in other words gimme a one-arm row ISOM.

I'd play on this one also. Just jackin' around during today's workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6gZGv3Rq4
Don't give away your plans for free!!! That's actually an awesome exercise, is that a home gym? You have a pretty sweet set up and you look pretty jacked too.
big ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
v1hyp

I'm in

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
2002 NPC Western Carolina:
2002 NPC North Carolina State: