Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alecks
    • Feb 2011

a few odd questions about my skipload

i started skiploading about a month ago and have tweaked certain foods for best results but im noticing something very strange.

when i load up on simple sugars(cereals,low fat sweets etc) my muscles get very full etc but when i fill up on very simple starches (white bread,pancakes etc) i do not fill out as i would with pure sugar,why is this?

i have been using berberine on my skiploads to dispose of the glucose better but i have a feeling this is blocking the absorption of the carbs? ive looked it up but have found nothing.i wont use it on this skipload to see if i fill out better.

also wtf is going on with the RAPID heartbeat after all that sugar? is that just very high levels of insulin being released? thanks
  • Deon
    Light-heavyweight Member
    • Aug 2007

Your heart is skipping with joy ! Mine does !

Comment

• alecks
      • Feb 2011

no really what is it?

bump

Comment

• MusclesAreSexy
        Intense Muscle Competitor
        • Jun 2009

Simply: An almost immediate effect of the breakdown and conversion of glucose into cellular energy is an increased metabolism which results in an increased heart rate. Your digestive system has just gone from cruise to blast. It happens whenever you eat, really, but it just isn't as noticeable when you aren't scoffing down 37 pancakes and a bottle of syrup.
        TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
        2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

• liftweights
          Lightweight Member
          • May 2011

Filling out could be a lack of sodium in your diet as well, that has happened with me before. My muscles enjoy soy sauce, creatine, and lots of water
          :preach:

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
            Judge, Jury and Executioner
            Admin
            • Feb 2004

Different people fill out better on different things. IE: I fill out much better with starches than I do simple sugars. Still, they are both filling you out but one may work slightly better than the other.

Sodium and water have to be in there to make the loading of glycogen as efficient as possible.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• alecks
              • Feb 2011

thanks for the replys.im doing a mix of sugars and simple starches.ive been hoovering the salt this week due to low carbs too lol.il also be consuming some liquid carbs as i cannot fit that much food in.the liquid will help instead of straight,also water.also creatine.

damn though,its kind of scary having the old ticker going seriously fast haha

Comment

• Just Observing
                Bantamweight Member
                • Jul 2010

Your heart rate/contractility go up to increase cardiac output in order to compensate for the increased blood flow of your mesenteric circulation. Eating large amounts of food increases blood flow to supply oxygen to your contracting intestines and to take nutrients from your gut to the rest of your body.

Its like your heart rate/contractility increasing when you exercise to increase blood flow to your skeletal muscle. Simply the heart meeting the circulatory demand of the peripheral tissues; nothing to be worried about.

Comment

• alecks
                  • Feb 2011

phew...i was getting worried lol.but its all good.

why arnt there more threads being made in this section of the forum? everything is a good read but nothing new is popping up

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                    Judge, Jury and Executioner
                    Admin
                    • Feb 2004

There is so much information in here after the DVD has been out for over a year that I think a lot of people end up finding the answers they need in the threads that are already here.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...