Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > Strongman Forum

Strongman Forum Discuss anything having to do with moving large objects, pull'n trucks, tossing kegs, deadlifting cars! If there isn't tacky on your keyboard, you ought not to enter this forum. Talk about strongest man, strongman competitions, strongman training, strongman training equipment and much more!

Old 12-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #51
Colokrom
Light-heavyweight Member

I started this while im on a cruise period, tougher than you may think starting out. I can tell I need some damn carbs at about 12oclock. Not going to use crap carbs for the load. I cant believe how much im eating and still feel hungry. Getting my protein number very easily now haaha.
Colokrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #52
nexa
Intense Muscle Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colokrom View Post
I can tell I need some damn carbs at about 12oclock
Yeah my dietary adherence blows if I'm denied carbs all day.
nexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #53
Colokrom
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexa View Post
Yeah my dietary adherence blows if I'm denied carbs all day.

Im still loading at night, so waiting for post workout is becoming a carb party.

Getting nervous thou.....up 2lb average for the week

OK....OK...you caught me over using smilies.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #54
Jared Ragsdale
TEAM SKIP Approved Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colokrom View Post
Im still loading at night, so waiting for post workout is becoming a carb party.

Getting nervous thou.....up 2lb average for the week

OK....OK...you caught me over using smilies.
Are you eating MORE food because you're waiting to eat carbs in the evening?

Example: You added extra fats where you would normally place carbs in the day due to hunger, and then at night you eat the carbs that you would normally have on top of your added fat intake?

That would cause some weight gain.

Moving macros around through the day but not adding or subtracting them shouldn't really cause any sort of gain or loss on a noticeable scale short term.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
FB:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:

Jared Ragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:43 PM   #55
Skinnyrunt
Lightweight Member

Gotta keep in mind the whole calories in vs calories out balance. That's why I personally wouldn't think it to be a good idea to add oil / butter / heavy whipping cream / whatever to my coffee (as seems to be recommended in CBL), if my goal was to lose weight (body fat). To me, that seems like adding in a lot of extra cals where i could quite happily go without.

So like Fade said, I'd be wary about adding a lot of fats to my diet, even if it was limited to daytime only, but then still be eating a whole bunch of carbs later on, because those calories will add up!
Skinnyrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:08 AM   #56
Colokrom
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade View Post
Are you eating MORE food because you're waiting to eat carbs in the evening?

Example: You added extra fats where you would normally place carbs in the day due to hunger, and then at night you eat the carbs that you would normally have on top of your added fat intake?

That would cause some weight gain.

Moving macros around through the day but not adding or subtracting them shouldn't really cause any sort of gain or loss on a noticeable scale short term.
Total calories remains the same, just holding off all carbs until after workout. So all in all there is prob a small carb deficit compared to my normal daily intake. There is also a slight increase in fat, but just from meat sources.
Im just making light of the carb craving.
Realistically I would rather gain weight right now, so Im hoping that the back loading starts the process of the muscular storage and depletion become more efficient.
Also keep in mind that my carb sources are fairly clean..no pop tarts.
Just hi gi after work out, tapering to low gi near bed time.

Im sorry I didn't make it more clear, currently Im bulking so my calories are high. I would like to try and gain weight while not getting as fluffy as I did during my last bulk. So Im trying to keep cals high while limiting fat storage. Just being funny about gaining two lbs.

Also during my last bulk, I had some food aversion issues late. Now Im eating a ton and feel unsatisfied...complete opposite just from moving carbs around.

Last edited by Colokrom; 12-04-2015 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #57
brownsugar24

any good tips for getting leaner?
brownsugar24 is offline   Reply With Quote