Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > TEAM SKIP > Skip's World > Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals

Skip's Training and Nutrition Journals All journals related to Skip's own training for off season, contest prep and just daily journaling over the last 10 years.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #476
RageBlanket
Raw SHW 1526 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBlanket View Post
Good lord. You're going to drop to <200 this week.
Called it.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #477
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

lol

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBlanket View Post
#rippedpeopleproblems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 AM   #478
Ken "Skip" Hill

Sunday, June 24th, 2012

No weight today because I started the load last night at bedtime.

Hit it hard with french toast, a lot of english muffins with butter and jelly, a few granola bars, a cinnamon roll and some ice cream.

Had breakfast at my daughter's work and had 2 orders of banana french toast (one of my favorites), a crunch muffin and a cinnamon roll. Oh, and a potato and egg and vegetable skillet with eggs.

I waited and didn't snack much at all for about 5 hours and then had a ton of Beau Jos pizza with RageBlanket and his wife and kids. We threw down and then had a sundae at Baskin Robbins next door. Thanks to RageBlanket's wife for letting me finish off her sherbet cone instead of throwing it away.

Waited another 4.5 hours and had 2 Skip Burgers at the Cherry Cricket. This is arguably the best burger in Denver as far as I am concerned. Bacon, double creamy peanut butter, pepper jack cheese and a grilled pineapple ring. DAYUM it was good and pretty much replaced Billy's Skippy Burger as my favorite burger. Had some fries but not many.

Waited another 4 hours and had ice cream at bedtime.

Not as big as last week but tried to space it out quite a bit more and have less meals but bigger meals so that I wasn't miserable. I hope I don't regret not hitting it as hard and if I baseline early this week I will be pissed.

Should be a pretty low stress week as I am looking forward to hitting a condition this week that I have not yet hit. I will also be spending time at the ball park watching the Rockies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday so that always helps. Baseball for my son is done for the season and my daughter's POMS is on break for July so the week should be chill. Might even get the kids to the pool on Wednesday.

Hope every has a great week!

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #479
Kate1976
Intense Muscle Competitor

Woah woah woah....peanut butter on a burger!

Jesus....didn't need to read that the day after my refeed
Kate1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #480
rynobull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate1976 View Post
Woah woah woah....peanut butter on a burger!

Jesus....didn't need to read that the day after my refeed
Exactly what I was thinking!!

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy
rynobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #481
Ken "Skip" Hill

They are awesome. It might not sound too good but everyone that has one, loves it.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #482
nexa

Peanut butter + meat = yum
Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #483
zalex999
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
They are awesome. It might not sound too good but everyone that has one, loves it.

Skip
I will vouche that!! Those burgers were delicious! PB on a burger, new favorite. Never had the Skippy but this was great.
zalex999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #484
Deon
Lightweight Member

I dunno that skippy burger is pretty damn amazing I'll have to try both back to back... You know.... for scientific reasons !!
Deon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #485
Ken "Skip" Hill

It WAS amazing. I was pissed that they changed it and I won't be going back unless they change it back to what it was when you and I had it.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deon View Post
I dunno that skippy burger is pretty damn amazing I'll have to try both back to back... You know.... for scientific reasons !!

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #486
Ken "Skip" Hill

Monday, June 25th, 2012

Current Weight: 207.5
Pre-Skipload Weight: 198

I don't know, I don't think I was fully hydrated this morning so this weight is likely going to either go up tomorrow or stay the same I think. As the day progressed I certainly didn't seem to get watery as my feet were still veiny but I put down a lot of water today and wasn't pissing, hardly at all. VERY little and that is the first sign, of course.

Great session for legs today and absolutely wrecked them this afternoon. Did not do cardio both because I beat the crap out of my legs and because I am going to try to do less cardio this week if my weight is falling as it should be. I figure skipping it today but planning on doing it Tue through Sat would be a better move and then if the weight is responding well I can always cut the cardio down later in the week again. Ideally, I would like to see about 195-196 by Saturday morning and only do about 4 cardio sessions but we will see how it goes.

For legs today I hit standing calf raises, horizontal hammer strength calf raises, standing calf raises again, smith squats, extensions, hacks, leg curls, icarian leg press for hams/glutes and quads.

Legs have felt heavy as hell all day but that could also be from the 100 degree heat, too.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #487
steel1970

Quote:
Sunday, June 24th, 2012

No weight today because I started the load last night at bedtime.

Hit it hard with french toast, a lot of english muffins with butter and jelly, a few granola bars, a cinnamon roll and some ice cream.

Had breakfast at my daughter's work and had 2 orders of banana french toast (one of my favorites), a crunch muffin and a cinnamon roll. Oh, and a potato and egg and vegetable skillet with eggs.

I waited and didn't snack much at all for about 5 hours and then had a ton of Beau Jos pizza with RageBlanket and his wife and kids. We threw down and then had a sundae at Baskin Robbins next door. Thanks to RageBlanket's wife for letting me finish off her sherbet cone instead of throwing it away.

Waited another 4.5 hours and had 2 Skip Burgers at the Cherry Cricket. This is arguably the best burger in Denver as far as I am concerned. Bacon, double creamy peanut butter, pepper jack cheese and a grilled pineapple ring. DAYUM it was good and pretty much replaced Billy's Skippy Burger as my favorite burger. Had some fries but not many.

Waited another 4 hours and had ice cream at bedtime.

Not as big as last week but tried to space it out quite a bit more and have less meals but bigger meals so that I wasn't miserable. I hope I don't regret not hitting it as hard and if I baseline early this week I will be pissed.

Should be a pretty low stress week as I am looking forward to hitting a condition this week that I have not yet hit. I will also be spending time at the ball park watching the Rockies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday so that always helps. Baseball for my son is done for the season and my daughter's POMS is on break for July so the week should be chill. Might even get the kids to the pool on Wednesday.

Hope every has a great week!

Skip
I don't believe I've been to the Cherry Cricket, have I? If not, it's on the to do list......

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"
Use my discount code at

Enter code STS987 and get 5% off
steel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #488
greekgod

damn... peanut butter on burgers... ive slapped it on chicken breasts but this is new!!! nice one Skip....
greekgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #489
breck
Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter and Competitive Bodybuilder 1000lb Raw Club

I was watching D,D,D'S and he tried a burger with peanut butter on it..Sounds good, but you lost me at the pineapple ring.
2008 HOA Natural Classic
NPC Mid-Illinois
NPC Midwest Open
NPC Natural Grand Prix
2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
USPA Illinois State
NGA Heart of America
NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM
order - Use Code RHB606
breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #490
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel1970 View Post
I don't believe I've been to the Cherry Cricket, have I? If not, it's on the to do list......
Not yet, nope.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #491
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by breck View Post
I was watching D,D,D'S and he tried a burger with peanut butter on it..Sounds good, but you lost me at the pineapple ring.
The pineapple adds a slight sweetness to it and it adds a little water because the meat, peanut butter and cheese is fatty so it is very creamy and thick when you chew it. I used to add pickles to my Billy burger for this same reason but the pineapple ring is better because it adds sweetness.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #492
Ken "Skip" Hill

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012

Current Weight: 206.5

Pretty surprised that my weight was down though just slightly. Condition is already a lot better and I am full as hell today. I think the weight will start falling quickly, like it did last week, starting tomorrow.

Trained chest and side delts this morning because I have to play Mr Mom and get the kids to dentist appointments and an ortho appointment for Reilly. Hit hammer flat presses, incline flex machine, pec deck, dumbbell flyes, incline side laterals, regular side laterals and cable side laterals. Great workout with a huge pump and pretty strong, too. However, I am not pushing big weights right now because I am nervous I am going to hurt myself or pull something. With my reps right now, every rep feels like the muscle is going to rip from the bone so I hold back a little bit opting for more volume, instead.

I will do 30 minutes of cardio later this afternoon after appointments.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #493
steel1970

Not a good feeling when the muscle feels like its gonna rip off the bone....lol

Use my discount code at

Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #494
jplahm
Light-heavyweight Member

Gota love that "muscle ripping from the bone feeling"?!!Did some good eating on Sunday i see!
jplahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #495
SadButTrue
Lightweight Member

For a 200 pounder you can crush some food Skip

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante
SadButTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #496
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadButTrue View Post
For a 200 pounder you can crush some food Skip
Only when I am dieting. Otherwise, I really don't have a big appetite.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #497
Ken "Skip" Hill

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012

Current Weight: 201

Huge drop, as usual, from Tuesday night to Wednesday. In fact, I am actually flat today which usually doesn't happen until Thursday or Friday so I am probably going to drop quite a bit this week and should probably be baselined by tomorrow I think.

No training today but did do 30 minutes of cardio and hit up the chiro for some proactive health earlier today.

Headed to the Rockies game shortly.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #498
steel1970

Wasn't 198 your goal at the last show to get into the light heavies? How are you in leanness right now compared to your last show?

Use my discount code at

Old 06-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #499
Ken "Skip" Hill

Yes, it was.

I am leaner.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 06-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #500
steel1970

Quote:
Yes, it was.

I am leaner.

Skip
I thought you were gonna say that....how is your low back compared to last time? Was it an issue getting it dialed in then or do you think it's changed over a couple years?

Use my discount code at