Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > TEAM SKIP > Longevity DVD Q and A

Longevity DVD Q and A

An in depth Q and A with Ken Skip Hill, an expert in bodybuilding contest preparation who shares free tips about bodybuilding, longevity, diet, exercise, cardio, figure, fitness, supplements and health in his free DVD video series.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
alecks

a few odd questions about my skipload

i started skiploading about a month ago and have tweaked certain foods for best results but im noticing something very strange.

when i load up on simple sugars(cereals,low fat sweets etc) my muscles get very full etc but when i fill up on very simple starches (white bread,pancakes etc) i do not fill out as i would with pure sugar,why is this?

i have been using berberine on my skiploads to dispose of the glucose better but i have a feeling this is blocking the absorption of the carbs? ive looked it up but have found nothing.i wont use it on this skipload to see if i fill out better.

also wtf is going on with the RAPID heartbeat after all that sugar? is that just very high levels of insulin being released? thanks
alecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Deon
Lightweight Member

Your heart is skipping with joy ! Mine does !
Deon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
alecks

no really what is it?

bump
Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
MusclesAreSexy
Intense Muscle Competitor

Simply: An almost immediate effect of the breakdown and conversion of glucose into cellular energy is an increased metabolism which results in an increased heart rate. Your digestive system has just gone from cruise to blast. It happens whenever you eat, really, but it just isn't as noticeable when you aren't scoffing down 37 pancakes and a bottle of syrup.

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.
MusclesAreSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
liftweights
Lightweight Member

Filling out could be a lack of sodium in your diet as well, that has happened with me before. My muscles enjoy soy sauce, creatine, and lots of water
liftweights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Different people fill out better on different things. IE: I fill out much better with starches than I do simple sugars. Still, they are both filling you out but one may work slightly better than the other.

Sodium and water have to be in there to make the loading of glycogen as efficient as possible.

Skip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
alecks

thanks for the replys.im doing a mix of sugars and simple starches.ive been hoovering the salt this week due to low carbs too lol.il also be consuming some liquid carbs as i cannot fit that much food in.the liquid will help instead of straight,also water.also creatine.

damn though,its kind of scary having the old ticker going seriously fast haha
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
Just Observing
Bantamweight Member

Your heart rate/contractility go up to increase cardiac output in order to compensate for the increased blood flow of your mesenteric circulation. Eating large amounts of food increases blood flow to supply oxygen to your contracting intestines and to take nutrients from your gut to the rest of your body.

Its like your heart rate/contractility increasing when you exercise to increase blood flow to your skeletal muscle. Simply the heart meeting the circulatory demand of the peripheral tissues; nothing to be worried about.
Just Observing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
alecks

phew...i was getting worried lol.but its all good.

why arnt there more threads being made in this section of the forum? everything is a good read but nothing new is popping up
Old 06-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

There is so much information in here after the DVD has been out for over a year that I think a lot of people end up finding the answers they need in the threads that are already here.

Skip

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote