Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > General Conversation Forum

General Conversation Forum Casual talk for off-topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
thedunhill225
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddzz View Post
I don't know much about baseball, but Josh Gibson was just as dominant as Ruth was at the same time wasn't he? Sure, he only played in the negro laegues but he hit over 900 home runs and had 84 in one year.

I also think Gordie Howe was just as dominant in his sport at the time as Ruth or Wilt, but Gretzky may be a better player. While Howe may have been more dominant, the game wasn't as advanced as it was when Gretzky played. I think the evolution of the game itself makes it very difficult to compare players from different eras.
Gibson is probably the greatest rt handed hitter of all time...well him and Wagner. The problem, thru no fault of his own, is that a lot of his numbers were compiled while barnstorming....playing semi-pro (always a funny term to me...do they get "semi-paid"? Lol...your a pro or your not), minor league and amature teams. His "Negro league" numbers are great and make him an all timer but not quite Ruth. Add Ruths limited barnstorming numbers in and his numbers get even more obscene.

I can only judge guys based on what they did against the level of comp they payer against.and no one in any sport has numbers like Ruth. Someone else mentioned the man that would be up there with wilt as second most dominant and that's Brown. He was like a man playing with boys....just like wilt was.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
Nicki Minaj
thedunhill225 is offline   Reply With Quote