Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum

IntenseMuscle Main Discussion Forum Discuss all things related to bodybuilding, fitness, weight lifting, health, nutrition, supplements, vitamins, gyms, etc..

Old 08-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
KCSuperman
Light-heavyweight Member

Dorian put his stack in the New MD magazine

After all the rumors Dorian got tired of it and put what he used offseason and pre contest in the new MD. Go to the magazine stands lol. I dont blame him he has nothing to lose and he used to tell people if they could not win a novice competiton on a couple hundred mgs of gear then they are not cut out for bodybuilding. This thread takes a long time to read but well worth it esp starting on page 15 if you want to skip a lot of naysayers and when it starts getting better. I read it for a couple hours last night

People are going crazy in disbelief in this thread and then we have the few sane ones Like Ron Harris, Mike Arnold who are more sensible. It really is messed up when guys think you need grams a year to look like a pro instead of facing facts that whey simply do not have what it takes. I hope Dante sees this.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ycle-in-new-md
Old 08-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
theroymccoy
Heavyweight Member

Man...a lot of those comments gave me a headache.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
theroymccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Sammich
Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625

Sounds about like what I've heard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
Doggcrapp
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

I was going to post......and then i just didnt want to deal with it

Facebook:

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
Doggcrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
Muscle@Duke
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp View Post
Yeah there wouldn't be much point in it unfortunately. Is that Dorian's stack in 93? No probably not, but I bet he did grow as much as he could before using more.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
KCSuperman
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle@Duke View Post
Yeah there wouldn't be much point in it unfortunately. Is that Dorian's stack in 93? No probably not, but I bet he did grow as much as he could before using more.

I read that thread and it has some good info in it from especially the head forum guy Mike

I think Dorian picked a happy medium , he probably used more at times and less. he wanted to give an accurate represtation

Last edited by KCSuperman; 08-25-2011 at 01:38 AM.
KCSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp View Post
No shit, right? If you did, the douche troop would surface again to counter you.

I haven't read it and I won't read it for the same reasons Dante has, I am sure. What most don't understand is that if you knew what most of the pros truly were using, you would be shocked. I have been around a long time and I even catch myself thinking "no shit?" when a pro client or friend tells me what they are using.

Skip

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #8
Muscle@Duke
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
No shit, right? If you did, the douche troop would surface again to counter you.

I haven't read it and I won't read it for the same reasons Dante has, I am sure. What most don't understand is that if you knew what most of the pros truly were using, you would be shocked. I have been around a long time and I even catch myself thinking "no shit?" when a pro client or friend tells me what they are using.

Skip
Because it is less than you would think, or more?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
Carlito Gambino
Lightweight Member

Seems possible. Why would he lie? He's already taking a chance by publicly announcing that he was on roids, and by actually posting his stack. There's no reason for him to beat around the bush.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #10
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle@Duke View Post
Because it is less than you would think, or more?

Far less. Even if I could breach client trust and post what some of the pros are doing, even logical people on MY board wouldn't want to believe me.

And I should note very clearly that I am not talking about what I "THINK" they are taking. I know first hand what some of them are taking straight from their mouths and when someone works with me, they don't lie to me.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
0001Delta
Heavyweight Member

For some reason that doesn't surprisses me at all... I remember an interview were Dorian said in an annoyed tone "People are always under the assumption I was using a shitload of gear".

I'll believe what he said because I simply have no reason to believe he lied. Like one of the comments on that article stated, even if he claimed to be using more, people would call bullshit either way.
0001Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
RedSkull
TEAMSKIP.net web designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
Seems possible. Why would he lie? He's already taking a chance by publicly announcing that he was on roids.
Personal use is legal in the UK...

to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

- shirt/tank designs by RedSkull, as worn by IFBB Pros!
RedSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
Knickerbocker24

I don't get the point of arguing over who uses what, or even caring for that matter. If Dorian used more or less, what does say for you?...nothing. Kinda seems like a pointless debate to me. Accept your situation, do what you gotta do, don't worry about anyone else, accept responsibility for yourself and your actions, & move on. Oh well
Old 08-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #14
darkguitars2000
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
I don't get the point of arguing over who uses what, or even caring for that matter. If Dorian used more or less, what does say for you?...nothing. Kinda seems like a pointless debate to me. Accept your situation, do what you gotta do, don't worry about anyone else, accept responsibility for yourself and your actions, & move on. Oh well
Yep.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #15
Daniel7908
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Well, from the little that I have read coming from the douche-squad that like to hate on Dante when he tries to help them, I suppose there isn't any point indeed in arguing with such individuals.
Daniel7908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #16
Carlito Gambino
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkull View Post
Personal use is legal in the UK...
I know that, but he travels overseas a lot. I wasn't really talking about the legal aspect, more about how naive people will complain that BBers shouldn't talk about roids openly because it's bad for the kids or whatever other shitty excuses they'll come up with.
Any semi serious lifter should know how things work by now.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
homonunculus
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Quote:
There is certainly some ego-based rejection of the notion that we each have our own personal, genetically-imposed limits as far as bodybuilding (and that Dorian was gifted in some way in that department), but his drug use is factual knowledge about the ingredients in creating one of the most impressive physiques of all time.

If, for instance, it somehow became absolute 100% proven and common knowledge that you couldn't ever possibly get a top ten national level pro-qualifying physique in the NPC without using 5+g of gear / week, some guys would stop trying.

Dorian's cycle, if you believe it, which some of these guys just can't bring themselves to do for whichever reason, gives a tremendous perspective on the entire picture. Without knowing the drug piece, the pie chart of what made up his physique is missing a large part and the relative contribution of training, diet and non-pharmaceutical (or at least non-AAS and peptide hormone) supplementation is *unknown*. Knowing "everything" means you can roughly extrapolate contribution of the parts of Dorian's physique that were not due to his hard work, diligent diet, choice of supplements, etc, i.e., his genetic response to all those things AND drugs.

I feel like the above is pretty obvious, but his is a charged point as you can see if you read MD.com. KB, you're right - there's nothing you can do about it per se, except use this information to further your perspective. And perspective can affect many of the decisions we make and what we see as realistic. For the guys who are wanting to be as huge as humanly possible - Dorian size in his peak - to know that they've got all the controllable pieces in place, including drugs, and still pale in comparison is a big gulp to swallow. It's easier to believe that Dorian had an advantage (used more drugs) that to face that such a prime, driving ambition to be a monster among men could possibly be an impossibility. In essence, for some of these guys, accepting that would be like saying that they simply CAN'T be what they want to be, when for years they have externalized an ambition in bodybuilding terms that is very much the opposite of that: Bodybuilding is about literally physically becoming something that you currently are not.

-S

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
homonunculus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
Andre Gregoire
Intense Muscle Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by homonunculus View Post
There is certainly some ego-based rejection of the notion that we each have our own personal, genetically-imposed limits as far as bodybuilding (and that Dorian was gifted in some way in that department), but his drug use is factual knowledge about the ingredients in creating one of the most impressive physiques of all time.

If, for instance, it somehow became absolute 100% proven and common knowledge that you couldn't ever possibly get a top ten national level pro-qualifying physique in the NPC without using 5+g of gear / week, some guys would stop trying.

Dorian's cycle, if you believe it, which some of these guys just can't bring themselves to do for whichever reason, gives a tremendous perspective on the entire picture. Without knowing the drug piece, the pie chart of what made up his physique is missing a large part and the relative contribution of training, diet and non-pharmaceutical (or at least non-AAS and peptide hormone) supplementation is *unknown*. Knowing "everything" means you can roughly extrapolate contribution of the parts of Dorian's physique that were not due to his hard work, diligent diet, choice of supplements, etc, i.e., his genetic response to all those things AND drugs.

I feel like the above is pretty obvious, but his is a charged point as you can see if you read MD.com. KB, you're right - there's nothing you can do about it per se, except use this information to further your perspective. And perspective can affect many of the decisions we make and what we see as realistic. For the guys who are wanting to be as huge as humanly possible - Dorian size in his peak - to know that they've got all the controllable pieces in place, including drugs, and still pale in comparison is a big gulp to swallow. It's easier to believe that Dorian had an advantage (used more drugs) that to face that such a prime, driving ambition to be a monster among men could possibly be an impossibility. In essence, for some of these guys, accepting that would be like saying that they simply CAN'T be what they want to be, when for years they have externalized an ambition in bodybuilding terms that is very much the opposite of that: Bodybuilding is about literally physically becoming something that you currently are not.

-S
Great post. Bring on the kettle-bells and crossfit.

<--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight
Andre Gregoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
Steedee

I heard it from a well respected person in the UK who knows Dorian personally that he never used above 750mg test per week and thats exactly what that article says.

The thing most people cant get their heads round is the fact that if you have outstanding genetics that respond easily to training and nutrition then even a sniff of gear will work wonders.
Steedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #20
Sammich
Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625

I am going on this stack immediately because then I'll look like Dorian.

Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #21
Steedee

Jeez I just breezed through that lot. My my so many haters and people that are so quick to abuse.

Would love to see some of these keyboard warriors face to face lol
Old 08-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
RedSkull
TEAMSKIP.net web designer

It is funny how excited people get over it in that thread. Maybe Dorian was trolling and enjoying the response it got.

to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

- shirt/tank designs by RedSkull, as worn by IFBB Pros!
RedSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #23
Ken "Skip" Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedee View Post
Jeez I just breezed through that lot. My my so many haters and people that are so quick to abuse.

Would love to see some of these keyboard warriors face to face lol
That's why I won't even bother to check the thread. You can't argue with these people. They will argue with you until their very last breath and, yet, have no knowledge of what people are really doing. Though entertaining, it becomes a massive waist of time.

Skip

For Training Inquiries:

Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #24
Steedee

Quote:
That's why I won't even bother to check the thread. You can't argue with these people. They will argue with you until their very last breath and, yet, have no knowledge of what people are really doing. Though entertaining, it becomes a massive waist of time.

Skip

Seriously Skip, I found myself getting more wound up as I was reading. Its so true what you say and to be honest probably best to stay off them.

Glad I dont post on those mainstream sites I would be finding myself hunting people lol
Old 08-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #25
pastorpump
Roundtable Expert

Thats why I stay here. I deal with enough brain dead people every day to go online to argue with more. Arguing with a fool is being foolish. Lazy people just don't want to understand. There always has to be a secret potion or oil that makes other what they are.
Quote:

Skip

Commit your works to the Lord and your thoughts will be established. Prov 16:3
"A wise man is a man who still knows he has things he can learn."
(My grandfather always tells me this)
As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17

pastorpump is offline   Reply With Quote