Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
Wannt2beHuge

Arms question... ****moved by Dante because I want the doggpound to see the 2nd page

Hi, I am in the middle of my second blast. After receiving my share of criticism for not following the program 100% during first blast I switched to proper DC routine. the progress somewhat improved, put on 5 lb during two weeks of second blast and managed to drop 1-2 % Body Fat. Now the problem is with my arms, they always responded slowly. I used to do both bic and tri on legs day, then I spit them and started to do them on separate days and arms almost stopped growing. I gave it few weeks without any progress and changed it back to the way it used to be (tri and bic on the same day) and in 10 days they just exploded. Just was wondering if anyone else have arms lagging and how you solved the problem.
Wannt2beHuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Jerzey
Light-heavyweight Member

my arms sucked then i trained Dc my arms are no longer my weak point

what i mean is stick with DC guidelins with wasnt till the end of my 2 blast i seen a differnce
Old 01-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
DuckDuckGoose
Super-heavyweight Member

how is your diet? did you make any changes to it between your first and second blast? what is your exercise selection? if your concerced about big arms, then should be doing close grip bench, dips with weights, reverse grip bench, skullcrushers, bent rows, t-bar rows, deads, and rack deads. and of course if you want big arms you have to squat. the two biggest things that affected my arms are stretching, and squatting. i hope this helps. good luck with your training.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
ch4881
Light-heavyweight Member

I feel like I have the same issue, either that or my chest, back and quads and hams develop quicker than my arms and calves. Since I've been lifting these muscle groups have packed on some serious size (especially my lats) but my arms seem to lag behind (or at least I seem to think that). I am putting my trust in the DC system though. I'm confident that my concerns will be a thing of the past in the upcoming months.
ch4881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
bouncer dave
Intense Muscle Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4881 View Post
I am putting my trust in the DC system though. I'm confident that my concerns will be a thing of the past in the upcoming months.
Thatís absolutely right. Just do it as it meant to be, shut the overanalyzing brain paths and grow
Old 01-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
bouncer dave
Intense Muscle Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4881 View Post
I am putting my trust in the DC system though. I'm confident that my concerns will be a thing of the past in the upcoming months.
Thatís absolutely right. Just do it as it meant to be, shut the overanalyzing brain paths and grow
Old 01-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
The Dude
Light-heavyweight Member

Did your arms explode or did you just get a blood pump?

Stick with the program, as laid out, and bring your overall bodyweight up. By adding dense, quality muscle all over your body you will gurantee arm growth.

Eat, beat the logbook, recover, grow.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #8
HouseOfAtlas
Middleweight Member

I'm going to say it is due to genetics. But, if you keep gaining weight, you're going to build arm size. I have yet to see a 250 pound guy with 15" arms. Some people are born with big arms, other people aren't. I don't know if I've ever met someone where their arms were the weakest bodypart and they changed it into their strongest bodypart.
HouseOfAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
Jay Cook
formerly "thenatural"

gain 20lbs of lean mass and tell me your arms didn't budge.

what do you weigh now Mr Want2behuge??
weight training and nutrition are two very simple endeavors. In fact, they are both primal instincts we are born with. Too many people are making this stuff way too complicated. Keep it simple and basic. It works every time. Hard work and consistency always pay big dividends. -exmgq

building bigger better athletes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jay Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #10
Hbs6
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenatural View Post
gain 20lbs of lean mass and tell me your arms didn't budge.

what do you weigh now Mr Want2behuge??
and there is your answer.

I don't use, but I think anybody who has a problem with steroids should watch this...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hbs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #11
goliath23
Heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbs6 View Post
and there is your answer.
I wouldnt jump the gun. I gained 60+ lbs(not all muscle I must say but still) and my arms didnt budge nothing.

But anyways thats my problem.

I would give it some time see if it works after 3-6 months then go from there. Dont jump the gun too early but then again dont waste your time doing some useless stuff that isnt working anyways
goliath23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
Deepsquat3
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath23 View Post
I wouldnt jump the gun. I gained 60+ lbs(not all muscle I must say but still) and my arms didnt budge nothing.

But anyways thats my problem.

I would give it some time see if it works after 3-6 months then go from there. Dont jump the gun too early but then again dont waste your time doing some useless stuff that isnt working anyways
\

I can't believe your arms did not grow AT LEAST three inches
Me " I know I am good looking"
Her" You're also and asshole"
ME " I know that too!"
Deepsquat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
Iron Assassin81
Lightweight Member

I think I have the opposite problem than you. My biceps are weak as shit but they are pretty good in size and they got even better after I started DC. So I just recommend giving it some time.

DISCOUNT CODE: MCP999

Iron Assassin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #14
KidRok
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Stop measuring your arms weekly....in fact, just stop measuring your arms. Train DC proper, eat, grow....it takes mor ethan a few weeks or even a few months.

KidRok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
Buff0910
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRok View Post
Stop measuring your arms weekly....in fact, just stop measuring your arms. Train DC proper, eat, grow....it takes mor ethan a few weeks or even a few months.
This is the best answer. One of my friends told me a couple of months ago that my arms were getting huge, and he asked me what size they are and I said I didn't know. He said yea u do, u measure them all the time, I said, man I havent measured in 6 or 7 months. Still havent.

Buff0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #16
GLEN
Lightweight Member

I've never measured any bodypart of mine and I never will. The onlly time I even weigh myself is at competition weigh-ins.

Just get stronger. When you're curling 135 for reps your biceps are going to be way bigger than they are now. Curl 200 and you'll look like a monster.

Or you could just drop the whole doggcrapp thing and go back to whatever works for you. I mean, after two blasts you should have seen some serious results by now, right?
GLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:47 AM   #17
MindOverMuscle
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEN View Post
Or you could just drop the whole doggcrapp thing and go back to whatever works for you. I mean, after two blasts you should have seen some serious results by now, right?
Actually, he hasn't even done two CORRECT blasts yet...

Everybody already said it: deadlift, squat, follow the routine AS IT'S LAID OUT, eat right, gain muscle, and your arms will grow. Obsess about how much you can deadlift instead of your bicep peak for 6 months. It'll do you some good and I would bet money that your arms will be bigger.
"Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

- Aristotle
MindOverMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:23 AM   #18
bouncer dave
Intense Muscle Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOverMuscle View Post
Obsess about how much you can deadlift .
best way to put it. best obsession in the game.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:56 AM   #19
Nikkiboy
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRok View Post
Great advice by KR!

All you guys that bust out the tape measure after each blood pumpin arm session read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp View Post
Alot of young guys think they have weak arms because they look at them all the time but dont look down and see that those very same arms match the very same effort and size that their legs and lats and other bodyparts have. You cant have 21 inch arms on a kid who is 190lbs! Get overall bigger and stronger and everything will come along with it, so stop staring at your arms all the time and start becoming a bodybuilder (overall) Let me bottom line it for you before you think there is some magical underhanded cable crossover one handed pushdown exercise with an isolated 30lbs that you think is going to magically transform your triceps.
The day you can do full bottom to top range tricep dips with 4 45's hanging from your dip belt for 20, or the day you can close grip 405lbs for 20 or the day you can reverse grip 405 for 20 on the smythe, your going to have the biggest triceps your unique genetics allow.
No one handed rope pulldown at a 45 degree angle bullshit exercise that you can use for 40lbs and 15 reps this week and 45lbs for 16 reps a year from now is going to get you there....so choose your path wisely in all this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp View Post
My advice to you guys is be patient but be consistent and pound away at this stuff. With muscle mass gains your arm size will come. The old saying of "every 25lbs of bodyweight will give you another inch or so on your arms" is kind of outdated and simple but it really holds true in some cases. Your just not going to see a 180lb guy walking around with 20 inch guns.
Nikkiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #20
DEADn
Middleweight Member

I probably should stop measuring my arms weekly as well. The funny thing with mine though is when I do tris I am pretty sore for 3-4 days and My arms really swell up during that time but when I do my bis they shrink by nearly 1/4"

One of the poster said to concentrate on getting a bigger deadlift and your arms will grow as a result. THAT is what I am working on. I have been as high as 325lbs for 2 reps then Ihad to go to the chiropractor. I believe my form was bad. So now I am starting low and going up by 10lbs each time paying attention to form. My ultimate goal for deadlifting is 400lbs. hmm

JOhn
DEADn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #21
yehyeah
Lightweight Member

i think everyone complains about arm size, but when u take a good look at your self unless youve got the worst genetics in the world, youl probly find your arms are the right size for your body at that particular time, in relation to your legs, chest and back etc... i totaly agree with the weight gain to arm size statment

my favourite sexual position is .....next door !! - george bush!
yehyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #22
Richard85
Middleweight Member

im far beyond being an expert but i will says this... since chest/back/legs are bigger muscles, wont they grow quicker than smaller muscles? just makes common sense to me
Richard85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
BIX
Intense Muscle Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkiboy View Post
Great advice by KR!

All you guys that bust out the tape measure after each blood pumpin arm session read this
yes agreed great advice, i thought i remembered dc saying something about this

BIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #24
muaz

I used to have the same problem too. When on the normal 6-12 sets per bodypart, 3 x 8-12 reps volume routine, I could see the growth every single session. But when I first tried dc, my arms actually shrank. And of course i started overanalyzing and thinking:

1- that maybe 1 set wasn't enough to induce growth. (But since dc made absolute sense to me, and after looking at the trainee gallery again, i didn't think so)

2- then i thought maybe 1 set was enough, but because the growth was divided over 5 bodyparts rather than the typical split routine where only 2-3 bodyparts are worked on each session, it would mean less growth for the arms

but since i believed (at least) in the theory and cos i was gaining strength big-time i gave it a little more time to see what would happen. for nearly 2 weeks my arms didn't budge. then suddenly it started to grow, and grow and grow !

in 2 months of doing dc i gained 1 inch on my arms!

and this is what i learned:

1- using typical volume training the stimulus that induces muscle growth is the volume used. typical biceps work would be 9 sets of 8-12 reps each, which would amount to a total of 72-108 reps! this crazy amount of volume was what made the muscles grow. (at least at first, until you get overtrained)

2- dc training on the other hand uses heavier weights as stimulus for growth. heavier weights will create more growth. How do you use more weights? you gotta have more strength. and this is what dc gives you in boatloads.

3- i didn't grow in the first 2 weeks because i could not generate enough intensity. and intensity is what you need on dc. intensity=gaining strength=heavier weights=growth

4- intensity is learned and gained over time. i thought i was as intense as could be when i was doing volume, but i was always surprised with the extra intensity that dc cranked out of me.

hope this helps
muaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #25
KidRok
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaz View Post
I used to have the same problem too. When on the normal 6-12 sets per bodypart, 3 x 8-12 reps volume routine, I could see the growth every single session. But when I first tried dc, my arms actually shrank. And of course i started overanalyzing and thinking:

1- that maybe 1 set wasn't enough to induce growth. (But since dc made absolute sense to me, and after looking at the trainee gallery again, i didn't think so)

2- then i thought maybe 1 set was enough, but because the growth was divided over 5 bodyparts rather than the typical split routine where only 2-3 bodyparts are worked on each session, it would mean less growth for the arms

but since i believed (at least) in the theory and cos i was gaining strength big-time i gave it a little more time to see what would happen. for nearly 2 weeks my arms didn't budge. then suddenly it started to grow, and grow and grow !

in 2 months of doing dc i gained 1 inch on my arms!

and this is what i learned:

1- using typical volume training the stimulus that induces muscle growth is the volume used. typical biceps work would be 9 sets of 8-12 reps each, which would amount to a total of 72-108 reps! this crazy amount of volume was what made the muscles grow. (at least at first, until you get overtrained)

2- dc training on the other hand uses heavier weights as stimulus for growth. heavier weights will create more growth. How do you use more weights? you gotta have more strength. and this is what dc gives you in boatloads.

3- i didn't grow in the first 2 weeks because i could not generate enough intensity. and intensity is what you need on dc. intensity=gaining strength=heavier weights=growth

4- intensity is learned and gained over time. i thought i was as intense as could be when i was doing volume, but i was always surprised with the extra intensity that dc cranked out of me.

hope this helps
BUT, was it really muscle growth you experienced or was it "expansion" due to the pump, blood and fluids in the muscle (which is really only temporary)?
And with DC you often hear complaints of "no pump" but what you've done is stimulate the muscle to cause tissue growth.
And I fully agree with your comments 2,3, & 4.

KidRok is offline   Reply With Quote