X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milkstud
    Heavyweight Member
    • Nov 2007

Veggies

Well I really have a tough time eating vegetables, I absolutely hate the taste, irregardless of how they are prepared. Any ideas? Im thinking I might just blend up a selection of veggies with water and drink some of that a few times a day with my pro/fat meals.

any ideas?
    what are the best veggies to eat? (avoiding carbs preferably)
    what are the benefits? I understand some anti-oxidents, vitamins, minerals, and obviously fiber (I've been using metamucil for fiber)
    I'm a POOR COLLEGE STUDENT and you need protein, SO DO IT!!!Use my discount code kyb999 at www.trueprotein.com to get 5% off the top protein avaliable. 10% off if you order 16lbs or more!!

My Journal:
    http://www.intensemuscle.com/27817-m...ournal-40.html
  • bouncer dave
    Intense Muscle Vet
    • Feb 2005

I am reading this while chewing on green beens.
    love them.
    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
    J.M.

Comment

• SuperD
      Heavyweight Member
      • Jul 2006

Used by people who ignorantly mean to say regardless. According to webster, it is a word, but since the prefix "ir" and the suffx "less" both mean "not or with" they cancel each other out, so what you end up with is regard. When you use this to try to say you don't care about something, you end up saying that you do. Of course everyone knows what you mean to say and only a pompous,rude asshole will correct you.

Comment

• Tight Five
        Heavyweight Member
        • Dec 2007

Geez, I thought I was the grammar Police
        Troponin Athlete
        "My methods arent for the weekend quarterback and they sure arent for the beginning lifter, they never have and never will be. This is for hardcore bodybuilders ONLY, lets get that straight right here and now" - the Kayser Soze of bodybuilding
        My wife holds bands tied around the head board...then I pull on her hips. It still doesn't work well but I like the view - Future 6 October 2008

Comment

• olinerules87
          Light-heavyweight Member
          • May 2007

I love vegetables. I just fill a huge tupperware container full of veggies for the week, throw some salt on and eat em like they are popcorn
          sigpic

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
          1 Timothy 4:8

Comment

• milkstud
            Heavyweight Member
            • Nov 2007

Thats fine and dandy, but, irregardlessly, I shall continue to use my improper grammar. Maybe you should apply for a position at Webster's dictionary, and make some changes so that you no longer have to try and show how stupid I am for using a word that has become common place in American vernacular.

And to the other posters, I am glad that you can enjoy vegetables... I cannot stand them...
            I'm a POOR COLLEGE STUDENT and you need protein, SO DO IT!!!Use my discount code kyb999 at www.trueprotein.com to get 5% off the top protein avaliable. 10% off if you order 16lbs or more!!

My Journal:

Comment

• Pheedno
              Intense Muscle Competitor
              • Aug 2005

I cant believe its not butter...........spray

Comment

• SuperD
                Heavyweight Member
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by milkstud
                Thats fine and dandy, but, irregardlessly, I shall continue to use my improper grammar. Maybe you should apply for a position at Webster's dictionary, and make some changes so that you no longer have to try and show how stupid I am for using a word that has become common place in American vernacular.
                Be my guest.
                It's kind of like this though- If you had snot hanging out of your nose would you want a friend to tell you about it or not?
                See- I would appreciate being told as I prefer to not to appear like a dumbass. But thats me.
                Last edited by SuperD; 05-25-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• milkstud
                  Heavyweight Member
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Pheedno
                  I cant believe its not butter...........spray
                  Hmmmm I will try it, thanks.

My Journal:

Comment

• SABAGOY
                    Intense Muscle Competitor
                    • Jul 2005

What I do is take frozen broccoli or green beans and put them in the microwave for about 5 minutes. I will then spray them with olive oil spray and sprinkle some garlic salt on them and put them under the broiler till they reach the texture I prefer. Basically I am just roasting them.
                    TrueProtein.com Discount code: BDC323

Comment

• milkstud
                      Heavyweight Member
                      • Nov 2007

Thanks for the idea i'll try that.

My Journal:

Comment

• TheWolverine
                        Middleweight Member
                        • Oct 2006

green beans wrapped in bacon.
                        "anatomy is destiny" - sigmund freud

Comment

• MX_Ivanko
                          Light-heavyweight Member
                          • Sep 2007

try some different sauces to go with them.
                          I've been a DC'er since I started training, only problem is I've only been cruising...

Comment

• milkstud
                            Heavyweight Member
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by USZLA
                            green beans wrapped in bacon.
                            Rofl, that'll go great with my culk/butter diet i'm on:P

My Journal:

Comment

• datwell10
                              • Mar 2008

Grab a bag of frozen greens (mustard,collard, etc) or frozen spinach. Throw a serving in the blender with water and protein powder (I use vanilla). Blend it up really well and drink it. Sometimes I throw in some mint leaves also.

Comment

Working...