X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LG1
    Super-heavyweight Member
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sammich
    I had my interview at the school in Massachusetts yesterday. It went exceedingly well. I might just be up for a tenure-track position.

Good luck! Any interviews in NYC?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

• Sammich
      Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by LG1
      Good luck! Any interviews in NYC?
      I had a phone interview with a SUPER expensive private school there. They wanted to hire me as a part-time professor for one year, but the cost of living around that school was so incredibly high that with a part-time salary I wouldn't be able to live there.

I have applied/am still applying to tons of places, though, so who knows who I'll hear back from.

After my interview, I went to a local seafood place and ate 1.5 pounds of fresh seafood. Picture attached.
      Attached Files
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

• MrBulldog
        • Mar 2014

I had a phone interview with a SUPER expensive private school there. They wanted to hire me as a part-time professor for one year, but the cost of living around that school was so incredibly high that with a part-time salary I wouldn't be able to live there.

I have applied/am still applying to tons of places, though, so who knows who I'll hear back from.

After my interview, I went to a local seafood place and ate 1.5 pounds of fresh seafood. Picture attached.
        :hungry:
        “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Comment

• Sammich
          • Nov 2005

Butts.
          kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
            • Nov 2005

I have started lifting again, and I'm trying Fortitude Training. I am debating keeping a journal on here. Yesterday I did Romanian DLs for 10x365 after not lifting for 3 months, so maybe I should keep a journal for ego purposes.

Also I have a phone interview in a while for a visiting professor position at an obscenely good private liberal arts school.
            kind of a douche

Comment

• austin109
              Bantamweight Member
              • Dec 2008

Butts.
              http://www.mike2.com/wp-content/uplo.../11/Indeed.jpg [/img]

Welcome back Sammich!
              Last edited by austin109; 02-02-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Sammich
                • Nov 2005

Monday I start my second cycle of lifts on Fortitude Training, so I'll start recording my lifts in here. Today I did flat bench press for the first time in over a year, and it was pretty fucking pathetic. But that's 100% to be expected after the year I inflicted upon myself.

Adapt, improvise, and overcome.
                kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                  • Nov 2005

Got a new tattoo yesterday to celebrate finishing my Ph.D. I'll upload a pic of it when it's healed up. Went to a firing range yesterday to train with my new pistol. Gonna take my CCW class in a week. Pew pew.

Today is upper muscle round day. I was supposed to do flat bench again, but I can't because my upper back is too sore where I got the tat. My life is hell.
                  kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                    • Nov 2005

Intended to restart logging on Monday, but came down with flu on Sunday. First time I've had it in so long I can't remember. However, on Friday I did get my tattoo celebrating my Ph.D., picture attached.
                    Attached Files
                    kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                      • Nov 2005

Ok, minor update. Still been lifting intermittently, been focused mainly on job stuff. I've had numerous phone interviews over the past few weeks, with a couple more to come. Drove down to Georgia last Thursday for an on-site interview with a small liberal arts college. It went very well, and I expect to get an official job offer from them. I'm flying to the Georgia coast in a week and a half for another on-site interview.

I find it tremendously amusing that the cocky, narcissistic little shit who started posting on this board 11 years ago is about to become a cocky, narcissistic Professor of Physics. :sammich:
                      kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                        • Nov 2005

Aaaaaand I'm gonna be Assistant Professor of Physics at a small liberal arts school in Georgia.
                        kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                          • Nov 2005

Current status while utilizing favorable hotel bathroom lighting

I'd like to think this is the upper echelon of theoretical physicist appearance.
                          Attached Files
                          kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                            • Nov 2005

Training update:
                            I've been doing Scott's Fortitude Training. It's freaking awesome. I could tell physique changes within two weeks of starting. My strength is slowly starting to come back (did 8 x 425 Romanian DLs a week ago). Right now I'm on a "deload" week and I'll be starting up again on Monday.

Non-training update:
                            Not only have I landed a gig as Assistant Professor of Physics at a small liberal arts school in Georgia, through some rather unfortunate circumstances (for others) I am now the only physics professor there, for the time being. I'll be teaching 3 classes in the fall (Intro classical mechanics, upper-level classical mechanics, and physics of materials), so that should be rather engaging.

Car stuff:
                            I'm turning in my 2013 Honda Civic, whose lease is up. I'm currently leaning towards leasing a 2017 Mustang GT for 2 years, since I'm wanting a car the GODDAMN GOES when I put the pedal down.
                            kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                              • Nov 2005

5-16-2017
                              Fortitude Training, Day 2

Loading Sets:
                              Back: 1-arm DB Rows: 7 x 180, 8 x 160, 12 x 120
                              Chest: Incline Smith Press: 10 x "275", 10 x "245"
                              Delts: Reverse Seated DB Press: 14 x 60, 12 x 50

Pump Sets: 2 x Quads, 1 x Hams, 1 x Calves

No quad pump sets because my knees are acting up.

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my dissertation defense! I am a 1 year-old Ph.D. :sammich: :drama:
                              kind of a douche

Comment

• Sammich
                                • Nov 2005

5-18-2017
                                Fortitude Training, Day 3

Quads: Meadows lunges: 20 x 60, 12 x 80 drop 8 x BW
                                Muscle Rounds:
                                Quads: Smith Somersault Squats: 6 x 4 x "95"
                                Hams: Weird Leg Curl Machine: 6 x 4 x max
                                Calves: Weird Donkey Calf Machine: 6 x 4 x max+45#
                                Biceps: My Own Invention DB Curls: 6 x 4 x 30#
                                Abs: Standing Cable Crunch: 6 x 4 x 90

whee
                                kind of a douche

Comment

Working...