Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dseiler
    • Oct 2004

DC Article

"I have made many, many, people 30-50 lbs heavier in a years time but those people have to be absolutely meticulous and follow exactly what I want them to do--which is pretty much eating like a 300LBER, but cardioing like a guy who is 8-9% bodyfat and turning your body into a muscle building fat burning blast furnace."

DC sounds like he's got a lock on the building muscle whilst losing fat conundrum if you're willing to commit.

Eating like a 300lber, meaning eating the right ratio of protein/carbs/fat? 60/30/10? When blasting, what keeps the fat in check with the upping of the calories?

Still trying to get a grip on the nutritional part of the prog.

Thanks for the help.
    "A pat on the back is not too far from a kick in the ass. Reward yourself by helping others."
  • Doggcrapp
    Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
    • Feb 2004

whats going to trick your body into becoming larger?

50 calories over bmr? (might be 3lbs heavier next year)

or eating up to a new bodyweight with gross amounts of food (processing large quantities) and then using cardio and other factors to keep bodyfat in check. The key there is getting your body processing large amounts of food.

Some people i have to have do cardio on all their off days, there are some people i have to have them do cardio on offdays and 20 mins postworkout on every day except leg days.......and some I have do minimal cardio

The fact of the matter is your body will fight tooth and nail in becoming a large muscular bodybuilder (homeostasis) and if you want to become something extreme, your going to have to go after things extreme
    IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

• Doggcrapp
      Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
      • Feb 2004

and there is no generalized plan--i have to tool and tweak it usually with the individual
      IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

• dseiler
        • Oct 2004

So we've got general principles and lots of trial and error. What about those individuals who've gained loads of weight and not as much muscle? Perhaps the muscle is there but buried under all that tissue. Obviously this was done through upping calories without drilling down to hard numbers (calories in vs calories out) or kicking my ass when training.

In other words, I've got a mountain to climb, in reverse. Sometimes I think being rail thin and gaining would be monumentally easier than trying to shed weight/gain+retain muscle. Is it more beneficial to just do cardio to drop the pounds and start from scratch with a lower BF%?
        "A pat on the back is not too far from a kick in the ass. Reward yourself by helping others."

Comment

Working...