X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LIFTSTUDIOS
    The Industry's #1 Photographer
    • May 2005

2005 Colorado Rocky

What's the word Colorado? I haven't heard any "names" doing the Rocky coming up next weekend on Dec. 3rd, anyone know? Skip - what's the word brotha.

Nationals Overall winner, Bill Willmore will be guest posing and just confirmed Nationals Fitness winner - Heidi Fletcher will be making her first trip to Denver. Sugar Shawn Ray will be a special guest and let's not forget the sexy, Timea Majorova.

I will be there photographing the show for NPC NEWS and looking forward to seeing the competition.

Looking forward to seeing the Colorado crew next weekend. Get your tickets and more info on the show at: http://www.jefftaylor.com

Isaac
    LIFT STUDIOS
    LIFT STUDIOS
    2007 Bodybuilding.com Photographer of the Year
    ADVERTISING - DESiGN - BRANDING
    http://www.liftstudios.com
  • SQUATMACKS
    IM Veteran Member
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by LIFTSTUDIOS
    and let's not forget the sexy, Timea Majorova.

Hubba hubba. I'm so there...for her.

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
      Judge, Jury and Executioner
      Admin
      • Feb 2004

I have two natural guys doing the show but I am keeping at least one of them hush hush.

I haven't heard much as far as the rumor mill as to anyone else being there. I am sure there will be a good turn out but I haven't heard of any better known names as of yet.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Dirkmoneyshot
        Roundtable Expert
        • Apr 2004

I originally thought one of my guys would do the show, however it was decided to continue adding some quality muscle and come into the Shawn Ray ProAm.
        Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve!!!

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
          Admin
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dirkmoneyshot
          I originally thought one of my guys would do the show, however it was decided to continue adding some quality muscle and come into the Shawn Ray ProAm.
          He must be a badass if he is doing the Shawn Ray show. That is going to be tough line up. Do I know who he is?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Dirkmoneyshot
            Roundtable Expert
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Skip
            He must be a badass if he is doing the Shawn Ray show. That is going to be tough line up. Do I know who he is?

Skip

We'll see when the time comes.....Hopefully we'll pull a suprise. I gurantee he will be the most shredded guy at the show thats all i'll say for now.

Comment

• IslandGirl
              Intense Muscle Competitor
              • May 2004

This will be a great show. As of 11/23--97 competitors have pre-registered. You know there is always a handful that register at weigh-in. There is also 3 wheelchair and 3 mixed pairs.

Comment

• SQUATMACKS
                IM Veteran Member
                • Jun 2005

A friend mine is doing fitness. I saw her the other night (she's looking DAMN good, BTW) and she said she expected at least 70 figure girls. I don't know if she's over or under estimating, but if she's even close that's my kind of show!!! :dance:

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                  Admin
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dirkmoneyshot
                  We'll see when the time comes.....Hopefully we'll pull a suprise. I gurantee he will be the most shredded guy at the show thats all i'll say for now.
                  I reread my post and I want to be clear that I KNOW you put your guys on stage in great shape so I am sure he will be good or you wouldn't want him there. My point is just that this show will quickly become one of the premier amateur contests in the country so the level of competition is going to be SIC from the first year, I bet. I anticipate a ton of guys coming out to qualify for Jr Nationals and the USA because the show is so early in the year.

I have a guy doing the heavyweight class and I told him the same thing - to make sure that he understands that this show is going to be a very high caliber show. Whether he can hang I don't know but I wanted him to know the level of competition before he got there.

What class is your cat going to do? I would tell you who my guy is but I don't know if he wants it kept quiet or not.

Skip

Comment

• Dirkmoneyshot
                    Roundtable Expert
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Skip
                    I reread my post and I want to be clear that I KNOW you put your guys on stage in great shape so I am sure he will be good or you wouldn't want him there. My point is just that this show will quickly become one of the premier amateur contests in the country so the level of competition is going to be SIC from the first year, I bet. I anticipate a ton of guys coming out to qualify for Jr Nationals and the USA because the show is so early in the year.

I have a guy doing the heavyweight class and I told him the same thing - to make sure that he understands that this show is going to be a very high caliber show. Whether he can hang I don't know but I wanted him to know the level of competition before he got there.

What class is your cat going to do? I would tell you who my guy is but I don't know if he wants it kept quiet or not.

Skip
                    No worries skip i knew exactly what you were saying from the beginning. I have the same thoughts on this show as you - There will be people coming out of the woodwork to do it, either showing up in GREAT shape trying to get ready for Nat competitions or just doing it because it's the "thing" to do at the time.. I just hope they plan for all the people i expect to enter.

As for the weight class - that has yet to be decided. It will be top of heavy's, hopefully we can slide him in at 225.

We'll keep things quiet for now. No Rush -

Comment

• Dirkmoneyshot
                      Roundtable Expert
                      • Apr 2004

I should also say that your one up on me, so i need to do my homework to even the score!!!!

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                        Admin
                        • Feb 2004

lol

You will work for this one, though. I won't make any predictions because I know the work you do with your guys. I will just say that this guy has not ever stepped on stage and not been dialed in dead money. With the improvements he has made in the offseason it will be fun to see how things pan out.

I won't have anyone else in this show. Just this one.

Skip

Comment

• LIFTSTUDIOS
                          • May 2005

Ah you guys crack me up. I love the "stealth" competitor approach. Keep everyone guessing and giving them something to talk about in the offseason.

The Shawn Ray PRO/AM will be a great show and lots of competitors from all over the country have inquired about it. Just added to the prize list for someone to win will be a H3 Hummer. Sugar Shawn and Jeff are doing an awesome job ramping up for this show.

See ya all this weekend.

Isaac
                          LIFT STUDIOS

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                            Admin
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by LIFTSTUDIOS
                            Ah you guys crack me up. I love the "stealth" competitor approach. Keep everyone guessing and giving them something to talk about in the offseason.

The Shawn Ray PRO/AM will be a great show and lots of competitors from all over the country have inquired about it. Just added to the prize list for someone to win will be a H3 Hummer. Sugar Shawn and Jeff are doing an awesome job ramping up for this show.

See ya all this weekend.

Isaac
                            Isaac, give us the low down on what you have heard in regards to the level of competition at this show this year. I say it is going to be very high but I wonder what you see or hear on your end? Do you think it will be comparable to the Emerald Cup or the BodyRock or what? How do you see it stacking up against the Rocky or the Colorado? Personally, I think even it being the first year I think this show will blow away the Colorado. What say you?

Skip

Comment

• LIFTSTUDIOS
                              • May 2005

As you know lots of people talk about doing a show and you never know who will show up until closer to the event. Given that the word has already been out for over a month and it's attached to a pro show - I think it will become one of the top NPC National qualfing shows. The production of the show will be great as the promoter of BodyRock is being brought in to help with the staging and lighting. Most likely it will probably bring the numbers of other shows down locally. The difference is this one is open to any NPC athlete and the Colorado you have to be a CO resident. I look for anyone doing the May show to try and do the Colorado, I could be wrong but the title of Mr. Colorado is one many are after. The Rocky will always be a good event and I think the numbers for it will still remain high as it is late in the year and one of the last shows for people to do. I would recommend anyone getting ready for Jr. Nationals, USAs or Team U to do the show because there will be every major fitness/bb publication here covering the event and its a great time to get noticed.

There are people coming from Texas, Illinois, Atlanta, Montana and all over for this weekend's Rocky. Current numbers are around 105 competitors with 65 bodybuilders 40+ figure competitors, 5 fitness, 3 wheelchair and 3 mixed pairs.

Anyone planning on going to checkin or have competitors going - make sure they get their early as the parade is downtown again on Friday night and create problems for many last year trying to get in later. Photos will be going into NPC NEWS, FLEX and results and overall winners will also be posted on GraphicMuscle.

Isaac
                              LIFT STUDIOS

Comment

Working...