Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bax
    • Jun 2004

Different exercises for DC

In doggcrapps writing it's said that we should alternate different exercises for three workouts. So for chest I would do flat bench day 1, incline day 2 and dips on day 3. My question is, is that necessary? Can I not just do flat bench everytime while increasing weight? Or incline or dips? Is 3 different exercises in there for variety or is it there for a specific reason?

Thanks.
  • USMuscle9403
    Banned
    • Apr 2004

You need to do some more reading, Dante does not advocate flat bench for many reasons. And trust me, Dante would not say to do these things for no apparent reason. Think about it, why would you do inclines every third day for chest? Do you know how fast you would burn out on that exercise?

Comment

• bax
      • Jun 2004

I gave flat bench as an example. And I was just wondering what the reason was

Comment

• Swellin
        Bantamweight Member
        • May 2004

Follow the plan to a "T," don't change parts of it.

Be a sheep, and just blindly follow it. It works that way.

Comment

• bigp3
          Intense Muscle Vet
          • May 2004

I would not do flats if you like your shoulders functioning properly and like everyone else said just do what he says.
          I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

• Chasedog
            Bantamweight Member
            • May 2004

I can't speak for DC, but I believe it's basically a function of adaptation and stress on the muscle.

First, you are not going to gain 10lbs or 2 reps in four days on say incline smith bench. But through proper rest, supplementation, and nutrition you can do it in 12 days. This way you're making measurable progress. So, if you were to follow DC but do the same exercise everytime, you might keep that exercise for a week. Then you'd go do another exercise for a week. But you'd never get "brutally strong" on any exercise.

Secondly, different exercises stress the muscle distinctly. That's why some people do flat, incline, and decline bench in one workout, to target more of the muscle fibers with higher stress than you could get with one exercise. We do one set, all out. So, by rotating three exercises we get more complete development.

Again, these are my thoughts why, but I don't really care if I'm right. Like the other guys said "Just do what DC says and grow."

Keep it simple.

Comment

• asim
              Light-heavyweight Member
              • Jun 2004

Flat bench all the time? Ok go do that. But dont come back and cry when you tear your rotator cuffs and make no gains whatsoever.

Comment

• Massive G
                Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
                • Apr 2004

Any of you guys heard of anyone tearing a pec doing anything but flat bench presses?
                I've lost count of the number of tears i've witnessed over the years...Always the same exercise...Always
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

• asim
                  Light-heavyweight Member
                  • Jun 2004

Ive never actually seen someone tear a pec but everyone time i see someone flat benching i can analyse where the stress is transferring into a bad thing. They lower it alright the pecs seem to be doing the work. They start to push up but wait it wont go so the bar slowly moves up the body towards the neck and they force the shoulders to do the work. Really terrible technique.

I havent flat benched in a year or so. I just hate it yet i'll find every other guy in the gym say its the best pec building exercise.

Yea thats why you got no pecs mate.

Comment

• Massive G
                    • Apr 2004

Agreed.I believe there is a way to bench relatively safely but you don't see it performed correctly very often.
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

• In-Human
                      IM Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2004

bax, Well I tried to explain it at your board...
                      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

• InTraining
                        • Apr 2004

I will do the occasional flat bench...always PL style...reps always high around 10....but one could argue this is more of a tri\front delt exercise

I think a lot of people tear pecs doing flat bench BB style and ULTRA WIDE grips..this
                        is a recipe for disaster

Comment

• Thors
                          Bantamweight Member
                          • Jun 2004

What about flat hammer-strength benching. Is that less of a risk because the weight is more locked in it's vertical path? Or is it just as risky?

Comment

• Massive G
                            • Apr 2004

Funnily enough, I never use flat benches during my blasts but right now I'm toward the end of a three week cruise and I threw them in there just playing around...high reps...did a set of 20...three plates...nothing special
                            Massive G
                            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

Working...