Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlbrebels
    • Jul 2008

David Henry got SCREWED

Does anyone else here agree that David Henry got screwed Saturday night? English doesn't have the full,thick tris Henry has. English doesn't have the thick forearms and brachioradialis Henry has. English calves don't even compare to Henry's. English has high lats with high insertions, Henry's are full, hang down to his butt and are thick.
    The only really thing in my opinion that Henry could improve on besides being a smidge tighter is he needs more hammies. But all in all I think the best 202 did not win last night. I'm sorry for you David Henry.
  • v1hyp
    Intense Muscle Competitor
    • Aug 2008

If it were based on how he looked Saturday, then I would have liked to see Henry taken it. I have nothing against English mind you; I just prefer Henrys shape to English. Screwed, I don't know about that. What did he look like at the PJ? I didn't get a chance to see that. That could have been why things went the way they did.
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

• Rexer
      Bantamweight Member
      • Aug 2008

I only saw the webcast on Saturday (they did not show the 202's on PJ-ing) and he could have been a little sharper. Fromt what I saw and heard, he was even less crisp on Friday. The same thing that made him lose in NY lost him the Olympia, it seems - conditioning.

Comment

• DanicaFan
        • Sep 2009

I think David Henry should of won that myself.
        MEMBER - TEAM NORTON

Comment

• crod266
          Lightweight Member
          • Dec 2008

i dont know guys it was farely close but then again i know kevin personally so im a little biased i guess haha

Comment

• Shelby Starnes
            IFBB PRO
            • Feb 2005

Correa was the one that was robbed, in my opinion. I don't know what the judges see in Kevin English... his physique is very funky and his skin is "weird".

I would have placed it like this:
            1. Correa
            2 & 3. Henry or Dugdale
            4 & 5. Lewis or English

Comment

• Indianpower
              Middleweight Member
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jlbrebels
              Does anyone else here agree that David Henry got screwed Saturday night? English doesn't have the full,thick tris Henry has. English doesn't have the thick forearms and brachioradialis Henry has. English calves don't even compare to Henry's. English has high lats with high insertions, Henry's are full, hang down to his butt and are thick.
              The only really thing in my opinion that Henry could improve on besides being a smidge tighter is he needs more hammies. But all in all I think the best 202 did not win last night. I'm sorry for you David Henry.
              I second this opinion!

Comment

• FightingScott
                Middleweight Member
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Shelby
                Correa was the one that was robbed, in my opinion. I don't know what the judges see in Kevin English... his physique is very funky and his skin is "weird".

I would have placed it like this:
                1. Correa
                2 & 3. Henry or Dugdale
                4 & 5. Lewis or English
                I think they see a tiny version of Ronnie. He does bring the freak factor.
                http://www.youtube.com/user/ptarleton?feature=mhum

Comment

• thestick
                  Bantamweight Member
                  • Oct 2008

I'll go against the grain and say that Dave was rightfully placed behind Kevin English. (Although i do agree with Shelby that Eduardo Correa should have won).

English won in the side poses. He has a better hamstring drop in those poses, and it makes his legs look bigger and more complete. Furthermore, i think Dave is shooting himself in the foot with his posing. In the side chest, he needs to pull his shoulder back to make his upper torso appear wider. Look at this picture, everyone else has their near-side shoulder pulled back and is showing off the SIDE OF THEIR CHEST in the side chest post.

The same can be said for the side tricep. It is obvious that Dave has the best upper body in this pose, but he doesn't pull his shoulder back, and as a result doesn't showcase his full potential. English appears to have a bigger chest and a tighter midsection in this pose (and this is definitely not the case)

In the back poses, I would call it dead even, with PERHAPS a slight edge to Henry. Henry has better hamstring separation and better back thickness, but English has better flow. English has much smaller, much more conditioned glutes, and this creates a more distinct X frame than what Henry shows. It makes his legs look larger, and makes his V-taper appear more extreme. It also appears English is leaning back into the poses more and flexing harder. Henry has superior thickness, but English is showing off greater detail.

In the front poses, I think English edges out Henry. The way he holds his legs in both poses makes them appear to be far superior to Henry's. This, once again, enhances his V-taper, and makes his waist look smaller and his lats look wider. It is obvious that Henry has superior density, but English is showing greater detail, better conditioning, and hitting the poses better.

I think it was close between the two, and that Dave Henry is indeed the better bodybuilder, but English did enough on the presentation and conditioning fronts to trump Henry's superior muscle size and thickness.

However, i still think Correa dominated the back shots and won the side shots. It was just his wide waist in the front poses that hurt him i believe.

-dave

Comment

• Shelby Starnes
                    IFBB PRO
                    • Feb 2005

You need to post the callout comparisons with Correa, Flex Lewis, etc.

The ones you posted are not the top 5.

And compare the side view of English' leg to Dugdale's leg in all the poses above.

English really wins there?

Comment

• thestick
                      Bantamweight Member
                      • Oct 2008

I was speaking as to why i thought English beat Henry. I thought Dugdale was phenomenal, and after i saw the pre judging picks i felt as if he had a respectable chance of winning as well. Dugdale was the most conditioned guy in the class, but had noticeably absent body parts. (i.e. quads and back width)

I was posting pics from prejudging, and i assumed that is where the majority of the scoring took place. To my knowledge, Dugdale, Henry, English, and Correa were not in the same call out in prejudging. If they were, i will respectably stand corrected.

Here is a picture from the night show, and i believe what i said above still stands. Correa dominates the shot, and Henry/English appear about equal.

And here's the shot that i think hurt both Dugdale and Correa. (And English edged out over Henry)

Comment

• The Mass
                        IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
                        • Jun 2005

I like Correa, I dunno if his legs are just shorter then his upper. But from the front his legs look a little shallow. But I agree Correa got robbed. But I also think Dugdale should have placed higher!!! When I think 202 class I think asthetic pleasing physique, symmtrey etc. English is a freak ya, but werid bodyparts thrown together...

Comment

• tiramisu
                          Bantamweight Member
                          • Sep 2009

The 202 class is extremely tough to judge. I think the only screwing was the prize money. They need to chase up some more money for the 202 class.

Comment

• Tigger1480
                            Lightweight Member
                            • Feb 2009

FWIW, I prefer Dave Henry's physique to Kevin English. By my reckoning that's 3-1 to Kevin English now so I hope Dave comes back to show what a class act we all know he is.

As a passionate Brit to have three of our guys in the 202 Class Mr O top ten makes me very proud. When Flex got his pro card, here in the UK we were expecting great things from him. Whilst he has time on his side, no doubt he will be gutted with his placing. For me, he looks really good from the front in the pics thestick posted but when he turns around it is night and day difference between him and Dave Henry. Flex needs some rugged terrain to compete in this tough tough class.
                            My Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=40844

Comment

• mecca
                              Bantamweight Member
                              • Aug 2004

Does Dugdale have a torn right pec? Does anyone else see that?

Great shots you posted by the way, nice work! Awesome clarity on my labtop!

Comment

Working...