Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ppower
    • Jul 2005

If I could get some help?

I understand that most of you's charge for your knowledge, so I wont take it personally if I don't get a reply.

But anyways, I am training for my first show, which is 5 weeks away.
    My diet for 6 and 5 weeks out looked like this.

Meal 1. Tuna and Salad

Meal 2. Tuna and broccoli

Meal 3. Tuna and Salad

Meal 4. Tuna and green beans

Meal 5. Tuna and broccoli

Meal 6. Tuna and salad.

( the tuna i eat, is mixed with Mayo, dill, and Canadian spices that i dont know)
    I buy it from a lady who wont give me the recipe.

I have been doing cardio for 30 minutes twice a day. Lifting 5-6 times a week.

My problem is that, I have stopped losing weight.

Like i said this is my first contest, so It is basicly trail and error for me.

I think that the fat content is to high in the Tuna mix that i have, So i will be switching all the tuna to chicken at 4 weeks out.

I am also thinking about adding carbs, but i still need to lose 5 pounds.

I was thinking of trying this.

Meal 1. 1 1/2 chicken breast, green veggies

Meal 2. 1 1/2 chicken breast

Meal 3. 1 1/2 chicken breast

Meal 4. 1 1/2 chicken breast , green veggies

Meal 5. 1 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2 cup Oats

Meal 6. 1 1/2 chicken breast.

Totals Protein-244 grams Carbs-27 grams (not counting green veggies) Fat-17 grams.

I am 18. 160 lbs, trying to get to 154 so i can do the mens lightweight along with the teen division. ( I am 5'5 )

If anyone could give me some advice, on how to set up my final 4 weeks. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    PPower
  • Ken Skip Hill
    Judge, Jury and Executioner
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

Without getting to detailed, switching your protein source is a very good idea because you don't know what is in the tuna. As for losing the weight, as long as you create a caloric deficit either by cutting calories and/or burning more calories, you will lose the weight.

Your calories are pretty fucking low right now so I might look into adding cardio or upping the cardio before dropping calories anymore.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• troponin
      Roundtable Expert
      • Oct 2004

May be too late to change things now, but your calories are very low. I definitely agree with changing your protein sources. I would have at least two sources of protein each day. The mayo in the tuna is likely a big fat source, but with the amount of carbs you're having, that may not be so bad.

Try having a few high carb/high calorie days to boost your metabolism. You may want to vary the amount of calories and carbs you have each day.
      www.TroponinNutrition.com
      Smarter Nutrition for Harder Athletes

www.Myoplasmic.com
      The #1 Powerbuilding Site Online

Comment

• ppower
        • Jul 2005

Hey. Thanks for the replys. I agree with yous, in thinking its to late for changes now. This is basicly a learning experiance for me, so i can do a show in april.

I am going to do a refeed tonight/tomarrow. Then slowly add carbs to my daily totals. I am going to start with 200 grams protein, 75 grams carbs, and 20 grams fat.

I will be doing two sesions of cardio each day. Both sesions are 45 min.

After reading all i could on these boards, i feel that i shut down my metabolism by not eating any carbs at all.So i will carb up, then start my new diet. I will follow that diet Monday-Friday, and then on sat and sun i will drop out the carbs. ( i do not lift on these days)

Now that i am this far, i realize just how hard the last month is. For my show in April I am thinking about investing in some professional help. I know alot of you guys offer that, and i will be getting in touch in the future.

Again-thanks for replys.

Later
        PPower

Comment

• homonunculus
          Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
          Admin
          • Feb 2004

I would be interested in knowing the macronutrient breakdown of your tuna diet. How many oz of tuna?... LOADED with mayo?...

Your modified diet is still only <1300 kcal - this is VERY low, but it might be necessary, depending upon how many kcal you've been eating.

Just as a note for the future, I would definitely NOT eat anything that you can't get the recipe for when prepping for a show (with the exception of an occasional binge food perhaps...) LOL

-R
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

• JonnyO
            Intense Muscle Competitor
            • Feb 2004

How long have you been following this diet plan you listed?

Comment

• Trulyhuge
              Intense Muscle Vet
              • Feb 2004

I would look like a runner on that diet. i have heard low carbs but damn!

TH
              For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

• ppower
                • Jul 2005

homonunculus- I was eating 4oz each meal. I dont know the mayo count in it, the lady wouldn't give me the recipe.

JonnyO- i followed that diet for 2 weeks. Because i thought i was behind schedual, and that the diet would give me a boost in fat loss.

Before that i was eating 220 grams of protein, 75-125 grams carbs, and 30 grams of fat. I lost 13 lbs in 7 weeks on this diet, and only 1 lbs was muscle. ( started at 175-10% bf and after 7 weeks was 163 with 6% bf.)

I now realize that i was right on track, and that i screwed up. ( but i was nervous that i wasnt losing fat fast enough-being the first time i have tryed dieting down for a show.)

Last night and Today i am refeeding with carbs. Starting tomarrow I am going to up my total calories. I am going to go with High protein, mod carbs, and low fat.

206-protein
                80-carbs
                20-fat

Total Cals.- 1,324 ( i know my cals are low. But i am 160-162 trying to get to 154 in 4 weeks.)

I have also decided that i am just going to bust my ass for the next 4 weeks, and do the show no matter what. Even if i dont make weight, i will still do the teen division. ( i just really want to get my foot in the door)

Later
                PPower

Comment

Working...