X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlimoMan
    Bantamweight Member
    • Jun 2005

What not to do!

For those that want to add extra widow makers for your chest or shoulder or just deviate from the true DC way, let me tell you what happened to me…

I’ve been DCin for almost 2 years and it’s been awesome. I’m 25, 5’11 and weight in at 197lbs. I’ve gained almost 20lbs with DC so far.

On my last blast, I decided to drop hacks and do squats twice and leg press for my 3 exercises. I also decided on Fridays, since we get Saturday and Sunday off from working out, I would make these workouts a little more strong, I added widow makers for what ever I was working that day. If I was on arm day, I would add an extra bicep. Chest, I would add a press and a rear shoulder exercise.

Well I’m sure everyone can guess what happened! I became tired, dragging my ass around, having a hard time to eat, sleep, wake up. I hurt my left shoulder a little, I actually lost some size with about 5 lbs and I had to finish my blast cause I just couldn’t lift the weights.

So for you new guys, listen to the people on here, they know what they are talking about! You might think you can do a little more, and maybe the odd person can, but remember, it will eat away at your recovery time without you knowing it till its too late. This is the reason why we stick to 1 working set and kill that body part and still be able to hit it again 4 days later.
    Last edited by PlimoMan; 05-03-2006, 09:08 PM.
  • Egill
    DC Q & A Member
    • Aug 2004

props for admitting your mistakes
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

• PlimoMan
      Bantamweight Member
      • Jun 2005

Thanks Egill, you live you learn i guess! In a way its good that this happened because I now know my recovery abilities with DC, but it does suck that I wasted 8 weeks for a blast and a cruise.

Originally posted by Egill

Comment

• dellsguy67
        Intense Muscle Vet
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Egill
        i second that
        To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
        --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
        - Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
        "Consistency can take you a long way"
        - Homonunculus

Comment

• heavy hitter
          Heavyweight Member
          • Jun 2004

exactly why we dont deviate
          My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

• Badman
            Heavyweight Member
            • Sep 2005

Perfect example for someone trying to bring up a loved exercise. Some people thought why not rotate two exercises... Overtrain = 2 weeks
            TrueProtein.com
            Discount Code: JYN925

The Reaper is always one step behind me..... ( I don't die)

Comment

• MsteveM
              DC Q & A Member
              • May 2004

told ya so...

but seriously, thanks for posting that. hopefully it can help some other guys out.
              www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

• nathenking
                Bantamweight Member
                • Dec 2004

good post

Comment

Working...