X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eric marks
    Bantamweight Member
    • May 2005

Maxing Out

Would it be ok to max out during a cruise or is there a better time to do this during DC training?
  • Shawn "Future" Bellon
    Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011
    • May 2004

Eric, you obviously don't know what the cruise is for. And maxing out? Do you think you bodies been conditioned to try something like this? NO. DC training isnt about maxing out. Come on buddy. Please if you do a program be familiar so you are totally successful and do not get hurt. Please be careful.
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• IronBear
      • May 2005

Im beginning to wonder if through answering all these... questions... that avatar of yours is eventually going to become you future m
      **Undergoing DC Reprogramming**
      '05-'06: Misson Muscle Hustle

'Success is believing you can accomplish what you previously thought impossible, and then doing it.'

Ben- "be easy man.. work hard... a muerte, remember that shit."

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13

Comment

• Subliminal
        Lightweight Member
        • Apr 2004

I've went very low like 2 or 3 reps just to see what I could do, towards the end right before the actual cruise.

"Suckas get your weight up not your hate up"

Comment

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
          • May 2004

Originally posted by IronBear
          Im beginning to wonder if through answering all these... questions... that avatar of yours is eventually going to become you future m
          I'm fine.
          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• IronBear
            • May 2005

Haha im sure you are that was in jest of course but man that cracks me up especially while listening to The Bravery- Honest mistake... lol
            **Undergoing DC Reprogramming**
            '05-'06: Misson Muscle Hustle

'Success is believing you can accomplish what you previously thought impossible, and then doing it.'

Ben- "be easy man.. work hard... a muerte, remember that shit."

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13

Comment

• Boozy
              • Jun 2005

Why would you max out? Just for ego? That's where many people get their injuries. Use one of those 1 rep max calculators on the internet, that's good enough for bragging rights if you have to know what your max is.
              "When Heaven is about to confer an important office upon a man, it first embitters his heart in its purpose; it causes him to exert his bones and sinews; it makes his body suffer hunger; it inflicts upon him want and poverty and confounds his undertakings. In this way it stimulates his will, steels his nature and thus makes him capable of accomplishing what he would otherwise be incapable of accomplishing." --Mencius

Comment

• MsteveM
                DC Q & A Member
                • May 2004

Originally posted by eric marks
                Would it be ok to max out during a cruise or is there a better time to do this during DC training?
                ermm.... if you must max out for some odd reason, do it after the cruise (at least thats what i would do anyways if i HAD to max -- i dont bother maxing). ideally you wouldn't even do it at all while training DC style. besides, you're using low enough reps on most exercises to get a good idea of your 1 rm anyways. a typical DC rotation is kind of like this:

blast -- set baselines,
                -- crush them every following workout, pretty close to the overtraining line.
                -- consistently eat those 6 meals per day... not hungry? eat it anyway.

*crosses over that line of overtraining, progress drastically slows or stops*

cruise -- relax for a bit, both workout and eating wise. workouts are lighter and really only intended for maintenance (no rest pauses, don't push the limits. lift heavy, but you're not trying to set new records here). if you lose a little strength, no worries. take this time to try out any new exercises you might want to add in future blasts and see which exercises might need to be swapped out for new ones.

*recovered, not feeling overtrained and ready to go*

-- set new baselines for all exercises and get ready for another blast!

what are you maxing out for?

if you're trying to pick the best time to hit the highest 1 rm possible, i'd do it after the cruise, about 2-3 weeks into the next intense training cycle. this way you're 100% fresh, and regained any lost strength during the cruise. and i wouldnt do it while DC training either.
                www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

• mindraper
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Boozy
                  Why would you max out? Just for ego? That's where many people get their injuries. Use one of those 1 rep max calculators on the internet, that's good enough for bragging rights if you have to know what your max is.
                  I guess some of us like powerlifting.. I do and imo i would very much like to get an answer to this question. I've been thinking about it myself, maybe use the last few days before a cruise to max out and then take the normal cruise?

Comment

• Warboss_Alex
                    • May 2005

Eric, you've asked this question before on another forum and you got the same answer there, will you ever learn? Get it into your head, you're not doing this to impress your mates with your one-rep maxes. You're just gonna end up hurting yourself - which will be mildly amusing for your friends maybe, but will YOU be laughing?

A cruise is to get your sanity (mental and physical) back, NOT to max out in bench press competitions. Get a grip mate.

Comment

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
                      • May 2004

Just from my experience Eric, I usually got hurt doing my training for very high intensity 100% of more of my current max. I am far more imoressed by some crazy widowmaker set than a 50/50 shot at actually making a lift.
                      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• eric marks
                        Bantamweight Member
                        • May 2005

good post future

Comment

• MsteveM
                          DC Q & A Member
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by mindraper
                          I guess some of us like powerlifting.. I do and imo i would very much like to get an answer to this question. I've been thinking about it myself, maybe use the last few days before a cruise to max out and then take the normal cruise?
                          i like powerlifting... but if you know how much you can lift for 4-6 reps, you have a pretty darn good idea of where your 1 rm stands. its not like we're always doing 20 rep sets.

and why would you pick the time when you're most worn out both physically and mentally to get a max 1rm in the first place?
                          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Working...