X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babygetoboy
    Middleweight Member
    • Feb 2004

Need Some Help/ Can I Continue?

Hey guys, I need some help , and to see if this is still possible to continue with my bodybuilding.

I am moving out on my own, and will have a lot more expenses than I have ever had before, and this will be my first time living on my own. I'm excited on one hand , but nervous on how I am going to afford my bodybuilding lifestyle, and I would be devastated if I couldn't give it 100%.

So after figuring out everything, I will have around $75-100 per week to spend on bodybuilding. FOod and supps.

Do you think it's possible to keep my diet up and still give me all to bodybuilding?
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM
    --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES
  • In-Human
    IM Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004

You just hold on right where you are, I am buying a ticket and flying to Metro and I am gonna beat your ass!...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

• your2slow
      Lightweight Member
      • Oct 2004

I say get a van and just live in it down by the river to save money for protein.

It will be tough to make it on that, but if you're frugal you can probably do it. Good luck with it and congrats on getting your own place.

Comment

• babygetoboy
        Middleweight Member
        • Feb 2004

What are you beating my ass for this time IH?
        TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

• In-Human
          IM Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004

C'mon, $400.00 a month for food, piece of pie, start paying attention to ads, go talk to the local butcher at the grocery store ask him when they price down meats, usually every night near closing time, scour the newspapers and hand outs in the mail for good buys, it can be done I do it every week, every time you go into the grocery store pick up thier paper at the front door and see whats on sale, they run in cycles, they rotate meats on sale every week, do not eat out ever, its too costly and you don't get your moneys worth, cook all your meat for the week then fridge it, use your head dammit, at least you are on your own, plus eating perfectly clean think how lean you will be, no more garbage food...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

• Him1
            Bantamweight Member
            • Jul 2004

[QUOTE=In-Human], do not eat out ever, its too costly and you don't get your moneys worth, cook all your meat for the week then fridge it, QUOTE]

Thats the key. $400 is Plenty for a single guy w/ no kids(I'm assuming here). Plenty of meat and rice(rice and cous cous are DIRT cheap).
            By Nicodemis: "My lifts are better than ever but my anus burns so much I'm thinking about stopping."{something I pasted from bb.com...talking about protein powder I believe}

We
            The untrained
            And unqualified
            Are about to attempt the impossible
            With Nothing
            -The Dungeon

Comment

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
              Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011
              • May 2004

Coupons baby! Join a wholesale club if you can.
              International Elite Raw Powerlifter
              Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• babygetoboy
                Middleweight Member
                • Feb 2004

I belong to Costco, which is a wholesale warehouse kinda place.

The biggest problem I'm having is findind a way to eat 3 meals on the road each day, without using deli meat, which is too expensive, and not having a microwave.
                TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
                  Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011
                  • May 2004

Hard boilded eggs and baked potatoes. Very exciting. Tuna in the can. Take your opener with you. It can be done. AND TRUE PROTEIN.
                  International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                  Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• In-Human
                    IM Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by babygetoboy
                    I belong to Costco, which is a wholesale warehouse kinda place.

The biggest problem I'm having is findind a way to eat 3 meals on the road each day, without using deli meat, which is too expensive, and not having a microwave.
                    So what is wrong with eating cold chicken on a sandwich, steak or hamburger, all 7/11's have microwaves right?, even some places that have vending machines have micros, yes?...
                    "That damn log book"

Comment

• babygetoboy
                      Middleweight Member
                      • Feb 2004

Haha, 7-11's I wish, IH , dont' know if you know the area, but my route is in the heart of the ghetto, in the worst area of detroit, there's only liquor stores behind glass and as stations with no store. Wyoming and Chicago area. Now, if crack was a bodybuilding food/supplement, I'd be in the money
                      TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

• babygetoboy
                        Middleweight Member
                        • Feb 2004

lol Raul, I own a microwave, it's just the 9 hours at work I"m in a truck the whole time and don't have access to one, and haven't found a good way to make cold chicken palatable.
                        TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

• smanjh
                          Bantamweight Member
                          • Dec 2004

Man, you make it sound as if you want to stop BB.ing and such, or you are just making this VERY hard on yourself. I have a few friends wh do different types of jobs that require a ton of traveling around, or in vehicle time, and they manage. Oh, and they also make shit for money too.

Do everything you can to drive down costs, obviously use what IH said, also Dogg has commented on it, how he saves money as well.

Get a big lunch bag type thing. A cooler preferably. Pack the days food in it, hardboiled eggs, tuna and chicken, pre made of course. Buy a good shaker device from the walmart tupperware section. Now, pack your protien powder for the day in a ziplock bag, you can reuse the bags, no problem, but use one big one. Bring a scoop and 1 shaker. Use a shake, go to a public restroom turn the water on hot, rince your shaker out and so forth.

My friends and I have all done this, and yes we got shit for our coolers, but it comes down to how bad you want this. I mean, if you have cash to buy a bunch of food, but not enough to get what you need now, still do as much as you can. Remember, champions go the extra mile.

Comment

• jimpaul
                            • Apr 2004

Baby, here's a link to different types of portable/car food warmers/coolers:

Also get yourself a little freezer to store away some meats.

good luck
                            jim
                            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

• babygetoboy
                              Middleweight Member
                              • Feb 2004

Damn jim, those things are awesome. I wish my truck had a cigarette lighter in it, cause then I would be in the damn money with that thing. Damn it.
                              TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

Working...