• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mischad
    • Aug 2012

My recent binge

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 245
    BF% North of 20% Nearly all in abdominal area. former fatty so I have the loose skin which makes it look worse

Former Div I football player. Started lifting again about 14 months ago after no activity for much of 18 years, 16 years of that was marriage.

Current training is a DC style split but incorporates drop sets.

Admitted ADD victim in the gym, but still made appreciable gains in the past year. Up until the past four months my Diet consisted of whatever sat still long enough to eat. Although I hate what would be considered a dirty diet, I was still able to hold back the body fat somewhat. My ADD in the gym has been exponentially worse in the diet arena.

I have been eating roughly 2,600 calories a day for the past four weeks. Tuesday and Wednesday of last week I woke up feeling horrible and my gym performance was just terrible and my morning body temp was 96.7. Prior to last week, was still able to match or beat the log by atleast a rep or two. I will also add there were no refeeds during this time as I have never truly given low carb any effort beyond a week except for this time. This past weekend I went on a binge. I dont mean a few hundred grams of carbs. It was an all out attack on food. I was absolutely indiscriminate about the amount and types. I started on Friday with an entire pkg of chunky chips ahoy in one setting and finished sunday night with a giant breakfast plate from the waffle house.

My weight Monday morning was 254.4 The friday morning of the binge it was 243.6 Monday I continued on the 2,600 calories a day. This morning I weighed in at 244.4 Diet has never been a real consideration for me so I am still learning how my body reacts. What I am looking for is feedback as to why body is dropping weight so fast considering the binge I just went on. Today was B1 in the gym and I felt great. Muscles have felt full as well.
  • WoodShred
    Intense Muscle Competitor/ISOM Winner May 2012
    • Mar 2012

Water weight from the binge
    2012 Muscle Mayhem Novice Middleweight - 1st
    2012 Muscle Mayhem Open Middleweight - 1st

2013 Dallas Europa Open Light Heavyweight - 8th

Comment

• JohnnyBravo
      Light-heavyweight Member
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mischad
      My weight Monday morning was 254.4 The friday morning of the binge it was 243.6 Monday I continued on the 2,600 calories a day. This morning I weighed in at 244.4
      Well, you haven't (yet) dropped below the weight you were at pre-binge. How many lbs/wk were you losing in the weeks before Friday?
      The short answer is you put on mostly waterweight and are dropping it. You didn't add much fat to your frame over 2+ days, it's just not enough time to put on fat.
      The long answer is: go look into what a Skipload is. You didn't do a Skipload, you did some sort of apocalyptic Shitload, but the concepts are sufficiently related that if you do some research, you should have an idea why your body reacted the way it did and "Skipload" and "Shitload" will return you the most relevant results.

Comment

• steel1970
        Intense Muscle Competitor
        • Jan 2008

View the Longevity DVD....you will understand it then....
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

• mischad
          • Aug 2012

Appreciate the feedback. Having viewed this site and reading as much as I can, I can confirm that I do have knowledge of the facts you are discussing. I have even watched the The Longevity DVD. I simply did not expect to lose that much that fast. In the past four weeks, my weight loss has been 2.5 to 3 pounds per week. I hit a wall with weight loss the week of my binge and worried that my caloric intake was actually too low and now I wonder what my refeed should look like. Just thinking outloud. I actually started this thread as a result of a conversation with one of this sites roundtable experts to get practical feedback from the members. I will be starting my journal next week and invite any and all to view and shred if necessary. When I was a defensive lineman for Kansas State, I just did what I was told to do by trainers. There was no thinking in it at all. Bench, Squat, Powercleans and all the damn food you could ever want. I am not looking for spoon fed information. You can't rip me any worse than the expert did and I did deserve it. A humbling experience if I ever had one.

Comment

• j9899
            • Apr 2012

I've been having a problem with binging lately. Over the past month I've binged probably around a total of 7 days and have gone from 175 to 188 during this time span. Yesterday I downed close to around 10,000 cals I'd say. It was composed of mostly chinese food and deserts(cookies and ice cream mainly). I never had this problem before and can't seem to develop the will power to stick with my diet plan. Could this be a sign of overtraining maybe? I've been having terrible panic attacks at night, lost motivation and it's hurting my college grades very bad. I,ve been feeling depressed, have had a hard time focusing, forget what my plan is at times, sore elbow joints, and have just pretty much lost the drive to do anything.

The training I've been doing for the past few months is the DC two way split. I think I could have been slightly overtrained before starting DC, but I'm not sure. I've got a lot stronger in all my lifts until the last couple weeks and I didn't think it is possible that your overtraining if your getting stronger. Do you know if it is or isn't? I'd like to get back to the way I was last summer: lots of motivation towards whatever goal I was pursuing and I achieved my goal of getting a six pack, as well as made good grades. I just don't know what's wrong with me and wish I could figure it out. Maybe a doctor visit would be the best idea. Any thoughts as to if this could be overtraining or not?
            Last edited by j9899; 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM.
            "Where the mind goes the body follows." -Arnold

Comment

• steel1970
              Intense Muscle Competitor
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by j9899
              I've been having a problem with binging lately. Over the past month I've binged probably around a total of 7 days and have gone from 175 to 188 during this time span. Yesterday I downed close to around 10,000 cals I'd say. It was composed of mostly chinese food and deserts(cookies and ice cream mainly). I never had this problem before and can't seem to develop the will power to stick with my diet plan. Could this be a sign of overtraining maybe? I've been having terrible panic attacks at night, lost motivation and it's hurting my college grades very bad. I,ve been feeling depressed, have had a hard time focusing, forget what my plan is at times, sore elbow joints, and have just pretty much lost the drive to do anything.

The training I've been doing for the past few months is the DC two way split. I think I could have been slightly overtrained before starting DC, but I'm not sure. I've got a lot stronger in all my lifts until the last couple weeks and I didn't think it is possible that your overtraining if your getting stronger. Do you know if it is or isn't? I'd like to get back to the way I was last summer: lots of motivation towards whatever goal I was pursuing and I achieved my goal of getting a six pack, as well as made good grades. I just don't know what's wrong with me and wish I could figure it out. Maybe a doctor visit would be the best idea. Any thoughts as to if this could be overtraining or not?
              How bout you just cruise for a week or two and go from there? If you think you were overtrained prior to starting DC, and you feel overtrained now, it's time for a break, wouldn't you think?
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...