X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FightingScott
    Middleweight Member
    • Mar 2008

Kevin Levrone's Return

Saw that Kevin Levrone has started lifting again recently after a complete 4 year layoff with no weight training.

I think he's only been going at it for 3 weeks now. He has 'Before' and 'After' pictures up for the progress he's made between weeks 1 and 2. When I saw them I burst out laughing. The gains he made in just 7 days are unbelievably huge. Even with better lighting and a pump, it still looks like he's gained pounds of muscle. Maybe I'm just naive.

He says as of right now he doesn't have any plans to compete, but since he's a very 'All or Nothing' kind of guy, I think once he gets back into training he'll plan a comeback.

I'll be watching this site very closely.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ptarleton?feature=mhum
  • Nightmare
    • May 2009

we can only hope that one of the greatest bodybuilders returns. nothing compares the mass monsters of the 90's to the asthetic bodybuilder of today. maybe if kevin chooses the return he might spark other retired bodybuilders to come back, i personally would enjoy dorian to come back later and compete in the masters and show that you can't keep an old dog down!

p.s. wtf ever happened to nasser?

Comment

• EBA84
      Intense Muscle Vet
      • Jul 2006

Levrone is a genetic freak. The guy could think about working out and gain 5 pounds of muscle. I remember when he won the Nationals in Pittsburgh in the early 90s. This was probably the best nationals there ever was. Demayo, Mendenhall, Coleman, Flex Wheeler..every big name you could think of was there. When Levrone came out, the audience got quiet in amazement. I had never seen anything like him. Unreal.
      2010 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 5th place
      2009 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class 3rd place
      2009 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 4th place
      2008 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
      2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
      2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
      2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/EBA84/

Comment

• dellsguy67
        Intense Muscle Vet
        • Mar 2005

LOL

his "before" pic is what about 95% of the average male population would be happy to look like.

people and their crazy genetics...wow...
        To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
        --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
        - Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
        "Consistency can take you a long way"
        - Homonunculus

Comment

• steel1970
          Intense Muscle Competitor
          • Jan 2008

I thought that I read one time that toward the end of his bodybuilding career, he would not do much training in the offseason, and that when he was gonna prep for a show, he might start at say 26 weeks out or so, go balls to the wall and come in super freaky. I don't know how true that is, just thought I'd throw it out there. If it is true, that shows you what superior genetics and muscle memory can do for a physique. Dells hit it on the head....most people would kill for his before pic.
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

• FightingScott
            Middleweight Member
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by steel1970
            I thought that I read one time that toward the end of his bodybuilding career, he would not do much training in the offseason, and that when he was gonna prep for a show, he might start at say 26 weeks out or so, go balls to the wall and come in super freaky. I don't know how true that is, just thought I'd throw it out there. If it is true, that shows you what superior genetics and muscle memory can do for a physique. Dells hit it on the head....most people would kill for his before pic.
            That is true. In Maryland Muscle Machine he talks about going on tour all year with his band "Fullblown" then backing himself into a corner 4 months out and going from 215 to 250, getting leaner and putting on muscle at the same time. While he was taking most of the year off he would eat whatever he wanted, drink, sleep whenever, and just take a complete break from the bodybuilding lifestyle. Check out his Youtube page. You can get there from his website. http://kevinlevrone.wordpress.com/ He talks about, among other things, taking that huge chunk of time off training during the year.

There's a recent interview with Dorian Yates taking about Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone. He acknowledged that Flex Wheeler had the genetics to beat him but didn't have the work ethic necessary. He also acknowledged that Levrone could have beaten him to but "I think he was touring with a rock band or something like that for most of the year. (Laughs). If you're going to be the best bodybuilder in the world you need to train year round. "

He discovered he had this ability when he tore his pec benching 600lbs training for the 1994 Olympia. His arm was in a sling for months. He was told by Weider that if he couldn't get on the Olympia Stage, his contract might get torn up. So he went from 215 to his contest weight and won 5th that year. Because of his pectoral tear, at the very start of his training for that year he said he began doing Incline Bench Press with just the naked 45lb Olympic Bar and went up from there.

But in those 4 months every workout would be huge PRs and he'd always work up to lifting some crazy numbers, like Benching 500 for reps, Incline Benching 455 for reps, Chest Supported T-Bar Rowing like 6 plates or something, and Machine Hack Squatting what I think was 7 or 8 plates a side.

Levrone has some crazy genetics, but I don't think he has the best in History. In one of his videos he does a forced rep with 315 on the Bench Press. Yeah, that's pretty crazy for not working out in 4 years. But Jay Cutler Benched 315 the first time he ever laid down on a Bench Press. I think Justin Harris has written about how his father, who was not a lifter, claimed he could bench 300 ponds. No one in the family believes him so he goes to the gym and hits 315 for 3 clean reps. Chris Clark, the powerlifter who keeps a log over at EliteFTS, says that the first time he ever Deadlifted he Deadlifted 600 pounds.

You can't toss up Levrone's ability to gain muscle quickly just to genetics. First off, we all know it's easy to gain back the muscle you once had but much harder to make new gains. The sham that was the so-called Colorado Experiment and the 60 pounds of lean mass that Casey Viator gained in 28 days is proof of that. But once you see Kevin's friends prepping his meals in his 'Maryland Muscle Machine' training video, it starts to make a lot more sense as to how Levrone can put on muscle so quickly.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The man eats $500 worth of food a week. 25 pounds of flounder a week. 25 pounds of ground beef a week. 25 ponds of chicken a week. Rice and Sweet Potatoes for Carbs. Green Beans w/ every meal.

I would like to know what kind of mass I could gain if I could afford to eat 75 pounds of animal flesh a week. Remember that number next time you think it's all just genetics and drugs.
            http://www.youtube.com/user/ptarleton?feature=mhum

Comment

• stupidman
              • Feb 2009

i think he was fantastic when he copeted.
              but if you do fotos like that it must be the same background und the same distance to the camera.
              other fotos are hm, hm.
              if he goes on the only interessting thing for me and possibly for many others here is not the genetic he has to use steroids best.
              it is what steroids and amounts he use.
              sorry , i really do not wait for the hypocrisy and i would be glad if it comes as usual.
              of course it is interresting how he goes on.

Comment

• stupidman
                • Feb 2009

sorry of course i would be glad if the hypocrisy do not come.

Comment

• CJ Hartley
                  • Apr 2009

Your user name says it all...
                  2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                  2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                  2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                  2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                  2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                  2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                  *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                  88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                  88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

• EBA84
                    Intense Muscle Vet
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by stupidman
                    i think he was fantastic when he copeted.
                    but if you do fotos like that it must be the same background und the same distance to the camera.
                    other fotos are hm, hm.
                    if he goes on the only interessting thing for me and possibly for many others here is not the genetic he has to use steroids best.
                    it is what steroids and amounts he use.
                    sorry , i really do not wait for the hypocrisy and i would be glad if it comes as usual.
                    of course it is interresting how he goes on.
                    I take it English isn't your first language. WTF did you just say????
                    2010 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 5th place
                    2009 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class 3rd place
                    2009 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 4th place
                    2008 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
                    2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
                    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
                    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/EBA84/

Comment

• Extreme One
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by steel1970
                      I saw him at the Juniors one year and he guest posed......He seriously looked like he weighed about a buck ninety. Six months later he competed at like 260.
                      2002 NGA South Jersey Novice Overall Winner
                      2008 NPC Gold's Classic Novice MW Third
                      2009 NPC Philly Classic Open MW 5th
                      2010 NPC Atlantic City Bill Grant Classic Open MW 3rd
                      2011 NPC Gold's Classic OPEN MW 2nd

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause."
                      Teddy Roosevelt - 1910

Comment

• Delcoda
                        Bantamweight Member
                        • Nov 2007

Levrone rocks!!!! CRAZY genetics.
                        Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see!
                        - Delcoda

With DC you beat a movement and your muscles to a pulp in a straight forward way and leave feeling like a hooker who didn't get paid.
                        - Trulyhuge

Comment

• BigGym
                          • May 2009

Levrone comback, yes please!! this man NEEDS a sandow before he is buried.
                          BigGyms Quest For BodyBuilding Glory :first:
                          http://www.intensemuscle.com/36023-b...ing-glory.html

Comment

• buttermilk
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by EBA84
                            I take it English isn't your first language. WTF did you just say????
                            Basically he complained about the comparability of the pictures in the first
                            post and claimed Levrones gaines to the amount of steroids being used,
                            but he liked him back in the day, when he was a pro compeditor and is
                            eager to follow the blog.

Hope this makes more sense, but English isn't my first language either :pout:

Comment

• BigGym
                              • May 2009

transformation is done now, he passed a drug test.
                              went from 211 to around 240
                              went from 14%bf to around 6%,

he was on palumbos radio show the other night "How far away is the olympia? ten weeks? hell i could double my size in ten weeks"
                              BigGyms Quest For BodyBuilding Glory :first:
                              http://www.intensemuscle.com/36023-b...ing-glory.html

Comment

Working...