X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andishehhank
    Bantamweight Member
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Henke_prytz
    This doesn't seem like it's "a lot" of food for a guy your size. Is this a typical day? And how much protein do you think this is?
    This is my newer diet.

For months and months I was eating a lot of good bullshit. PB&J, milk, yogurt, pizzas, burgers, fries, ethnic cusine... (But not everyday)

My usual diet for many months was the same type of foods in my last post, but more carbs.

I was not previously using the carb cut offs at Dantes recommendation, but now I am skipping the carbs late night. This is what I had today:

Skinless cod fried in butter
    cup white rice

protein/carb bar, coffee with cream and stevia

protein/carb bar, greens salad no oil, berries, some bites of meats (very little) because people wouldn't let me not eat the food at the event

cheddar cheese (microwaved and I poured off the fat)
    medium banana

and right now I had 6 ounces tuna with a spoon of mayo, some chopped onion and pickle, and a bowl of barley.

Comment

• andishehhank
      Bantamweight Member
      • Oct 2013

I always get 30 grams protein minimum per meal. But right now I'm shooting for 30 per meal. Same with carbs. I will eat more meals per day if I must, but each meal remains smaller for now.

And obviously I had carbs tonight, but the workout came out late. I also don't really eat a lot of fruit, so I cared to have a banana instead of a starch pre workout.

Comment

• Henke_prytz
        Lightweight Member
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by andishehhank
        I always get 30 grams protein minimum per meal. But right now I'm shooting for 30 per meal. Same with carbs. I will eat more meals per day if I must, but each meal remains smaller for now.

And obviously I had carbs tonight, but the workout came out late. I also don't really eat a lot of fruit, so I cared to have a banana instead of a starch pre workout.
        All right so you're aiming somewhere in the 180-200g per day then? It looks like it's working for you based on your logg so keep at it. I'm just interested what people are doing on here

Comment

• Henke_prytz
          Lightweight Member
          • Nov 2016

Week 6 (Last time)
          B2
          • Incline seated dumbbell curls 20-30 rest-pause 22,5kg x 15/7/4/26
          o Stretch 32,5 kg x 60sec
          • Pinwheel curls 12-20 SS 30kg x 18
          o Stretch 35 kg x 60sec
          A2 Week 5 (Last time)
          • Wide grip pulldown 11-20 rest-pause 125kg x 8/5/4/17
          • BB row 4-8 9-12 165 kg x 8 145 kg x 12
          o Hanging Stretch 80 kg x 60sec

Week 2 (This time)
          B2
          • Incline seated dumbbell curls 20-30 rest-pause 22,5kg x 15/7/5/27
          o Stretch 32,5 kg x 60sec
          • Pinwheel curls 12-20 SS 30kg x 19
          o Stretch 35 kg x 60sec
          • Wide grip pulldown 11-20 rest-pause 125kg x 10/6/4/20
          • WM Dante rows 20-30 SS 45kg x 30
          • BB row 4-8 9-12 165 kg x 9 145 kg x 13
          o Hanging Stretch 80 kg x 60sec

Another good pull workout. These are really tough for some reason. I think my forearms need to get used to doing the width after forearms. I'm feeling a bit fatigued on the warm-ups on these but not enough to ruin my work set. All in all a solid workout. Will add some weight on these moves next time.....can't wait.
          Last edited by Henke_prytz; 05-07-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• andishehhank
            Bantamweight Member
            • Oct 2013

All right so you're aiming somewhere in the 180-200g per day then? It looks like it's working for you based on your logg so keep at it. I'm just interested what people are doing on here
            I was seeing it was working so I didn't change anything but it did look quite small of an amount of protein. Normally I will be eating about a cup of a starch and 6-8 ounces of a meat 4-6 times a day. that is the goal. i rarely if ever eat just like that but it had worked. i will eat something else for a protein if I can't eat meat... eggs, cottage cheese, protein bars... I would eat a lot of peanut butter on toast for protein but now right now while I want to do a quick diet to drop some more fat off my belly. Whole milk was also a staple, since I saw I wasn't getting fatter... but now I was just thinking it was a good time to drop some fat faster. i have higher standards for myself now.
            Last edited by andishehhank; 05-07-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Henke_prytz
              Lightweight Member
              • Nov 2016

I was seeing it was working so I didn't change anything but it did look quite small of an amount of protein. Normally I will be eating about a cup of a starch and 6-8 ounces of a meat 4-6 times a day. that is the goal. i rarely if ever eat just like that but it had worked. i will eat something else for a protein if I can't eat meat... eggs, cottage cheese, protein bars... I would eat a lot of peanut butter on toast for protein but now right now while I want to do a quick diet to drop some more fat off my belly. Whole milk was also a staple, since I saw I wasn't getting fatter... but now I was just thinking it was a good time to drop some fat faster. i have higher standards for myself now.
              Haha it's a good and a bad thing to have higher standards for oneself (eating clean foods is not as fun)

Comment

• Henke_prytz
                Lightweight Member
                • Nov 2016

Guys I didn't get around to hit legs today due to having to do a double shift in the clinic. So I spent all day at the school. But tomorrow is off so I'll hit them hard tomorrow morning instead. Coming for another 5 plate squat, let's see how they feel after the cruise. Body feels great so I got big expectations.

Comment

• andishehhank
                  Bantamweight Member
                  • Oct 2013

Haha it's a good and a bad thing to have higher standards for oneself (eating clean foods is not as fun)
                  I prefer to eat as healthy as possible all the time.

Since the new year, I was eating quite of bit of everything, as long as it was whole foods. No sugar or white flour. To me, an egg sandwich with cheese on sprouted bread is fine (especially in moderation.) But it is not an ideal fat loss meal. I see a difference in "fat loss" and just "not unhealthy."

I was able to maintain my body weight, but I knew someday I had to lose some (and then maintain before losing again, if I need to.)

I had failed to keep the weight off because whenever I start a diet, I get super mad easily and I was waiting for a chance to break through the barrier. I should be okay now.

My first meal of the day today was another fillet of cod, with 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 a banana. Not bad at all, since it was flavored well.

Comment

• Henke_prytz
                    Lightweight Member
                    • Nov 2016

Week 6 (Last time) (Wednesday not Monday)
                    C2

• 1 legged Machine leg press calf raises 10-12 SS 109kg x 12
                    • Squats 4-8 20 SS 220kgx6 160kgx20
                    o Stretch 60 sec

Week 2 (This time) (Wednesday not Tuesday)
                    C2

• 1 legged Machine leg press calf raises 10-12 SS 109kg x 12
                    • Standing leg curl 15-30 RP 27x 20/12/10/42
                    o Stretch 60 sec
                    o Stretch 60 sec

Today was a good workout. I really underestimated the standing leg curl so I'll adjust that next time. The squats didn't go as well since I was expecting to get one or two more reps. But today the bar situation really got the best of me. I've had to adapt my squats a lot to suit the gym and the equipment. I now grab the bar with a very wide grip and low bar because there is no knurling in the middle of any of the bars. So in order to get some kind of grip, I low bar squat with the bar on my rear delts. I have to stand offset in the rack because it's not made for Olympic bars so racking and un-racking is tough. Today I ended up dropping the bar onto the stoppers since it slid off my back and I couldn't rack it in time so I just had to ditch it. No harm and I could walk away injury free, so a successful workout nonetheless.
                    Last edited by Henke_prytz; 05-23-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Henke_prytz
                      Lightweight Member
                      • Nov 2016

This is the rack I use. I move that crappy bar out of the way and place an Olympic barbell in there instead. But I have to place the bar so that one side is with the knurling on the pins and one side is with the place where the barbell is supposed to go on the pins. And to allow this I have to place a stopper inside the first plate on both sides.

Like the guy a little lower down on the page but I have to stand a bit to the side with space between the plate and the inner part of the bar so I can rack it offset. Hope it makes sense https://www.fringesport.com/blogs/ne...-vs-power-rack
                      Last edited by Henke_prytz; 05-09-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Henke_prytz
                        Lightweight Member
                        • Nov 2016

A3 Week 6 (Last time)
                        • Decline bb press 11-15 rest-pause 130kgx8/4/2/14
                        o Stretch 32,5kg x60sec
                        • Plate loaded shoulder press 11-20 rest-pause 130kgx10/6/4/20
                        o Stretch 22,5kgx60sec
                        • Dips 11-20 rest-pause 40kg x 6/3/2/11
                        o Stretch 35kg x 60sec

A3 Week 2 (This time)
                        • Decline bb press 11-15 rest-pause 135kgx6/4/2/12
                        • WM Pec dec 20-30 SS 64x30
                        o Stretch 32,5kg x60sec
                        • Plate loaded shoulder press 11-20 rest-pause 140kgx7/4/3/14
                        • WM Seated db side raises 20-30 SS 17,5x 28
                        o Stretch 22,5kgx60sec
                        • Dips 11-20 rest-pause 40kg x 6/3/2/11
                        o Stretch 35kg x 60sec

Another good workout in the books. I am so close to that 3 plate decline which is awesome. I've wanted to bench 3 plates for so long but haven't been able to. So a huge thank you to DC for creating this system so that guys like me can get strong too Some good increases on most things today. The only exercise is that I struggled with was dips. Dips have become a real pain to do. They are just really heavy. I think I'm close to dropping them too. I will do my best to keep gaining on them but they are HARD. Widows have also gotten to a point where I'm happy with the weight and I think I can "predict" easier now what will happen if I go up 5lbs or 10lbs so that I can put myself in the right range. I really love DC training and the 3 way has been really nice so far. I've been able to still beat the logbook but I don't have to spend 2 hours in the gym. Have a good day guys.

Comment

• Henke_prytz
                          Lightweight Member
                          • Nov 2016

B3 Week 6 (Last time)

• Wide cable curls 11-20 rest-pause 50kgx5/3/3/11
                          o Stretch 32,5kgx60sec
                          • 1 arm Cable reverse curl 12-20 SS 15kgx14
                          o Stretch 35kgx60 sec
                          • Close grip pulldowns 11-20 rest-pause 110kgx 10/5/4/19
                          • 1 arm Hammer rows 11-20 rest-pause 85kg x 7/5/3/14
                          o Hanging stretch 80kg x 60sec

B3 Week 2 (This time)
                          • Wide cable curls 11-20 rest-pause 50kgx5/2/0/7
                          o Stretch 32,5kgx60sec
                          • 1 arm Cable reverse curl 12-20 SS 15kgx15
                          o Stretch 35kgx60 sec
                          • Close grip pulldowns 11-20 rest-pause 115kgx 9/6/4/19
                          • WM Dante rows 20-30 SS 50x 30
                          • 1 arm Hammer rows 11-20 rest-pause 85kg x 8/5/4/17

Today was a good workout except for the damn Wide grip cable curls. As of the first set, I felt super stiff in my brachioradialis and my forearms were quite painful. I did a couple of extra warm-up sets to get things moving but no luck. I was struggling as of the first rep on set one and after that, it just went worse. I did my WM for squats with a close grip earlier in the week and that triggered my forearm pain and it hasn't left yet. I'll try and do them again next time around if they still cause me pain or if I can't do significantly better I'm going to change it up for another exercise. Any suggestions? Other than that the workout went well, a bit of a sore forearm throughout the workout but I was still able to do what I was supposed to do. Now I'm gonna relax and have a good weekend. Have a good weekend guys.
                          Last edited by Henke_prytz; 05-30-2018, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• andishehhank
                            Bantamweight Member
                            • Oct 2013

A3 Week 6 (Last time)

• Wide cable curls 11-20 rest-pause 50kgx5/3/3/11
                            o Stretch 32,5kgx60sec
                            • 1 arm Cable reverse curl 12-20 SS 15kgx14
                            o Stretch 35kgx60 sec
                            • Close grip pulldowns 11-20 rest-pause 110kgx 10/5/4/19
                            • 1 arm Hammer rows 11-20 rest-pause 85kg x 7/5/3/14

B3 Week 2 (This time)
                            • Wide cable curls 11-20 rest-pause 50kgx5/2/0/7
                            o Stretch 32,5kgx60sec
                            • 1 arm Cable reverse curl 12-20 SS 15kgx15
                            o Stretch 35kgx60 sec
                            • Close grip pulldowns 11-20 rest-pause 115kgx 9/6/4/19
                            • WM Dante rows 20-30 SS 50x 30
                            • 1 arm Hammer rows 11-20 rest-pause 85kg x 8/5/4/17

Today was a good workout except for the damn Wide grip cable curls. As of the first set, I felt super stiff in my brachioradialis and my forearms were quite painful. I did a couple of extra warm-up sets to get things moving but no luck. I was struggling as of the first rep on set one and after that, it just went worse. I did my WM for squats with a close grip earlier in the week and that triggered my forearm pain and it hasn't left yet. I'll try and do them again next time around if they still cause me pain or if I can't do significantly better I'm going to change it up for another exercise. Any suggestions? Other than that the workout went well, a bit of a sore forearm throughout the workout but I was still able to do what I was supposed to do. Now I'm gonna relax and have a good weekend. Have a good weekend guys.
                            Maybe elbow wraps? Or are they sleeves? Deep tissue massage and a better mental awareness of exercise technique.

Comment

• Henke_prytz
                              Lightweight Member
                              • Nov 2016

B3 Week 6 (Last time) (Sunday)

• Seated calf raises 10-12 100kgx10
                              • Single leg seated leg curl 15-30 RP 64kg x 15/7/4/26
                              o Stretch 40kgx60sec
                              o Stretch 60 sec

C3 Week 3 (This time)

• Seated calf raises 10-12 100kgx11
                              • Single leg seated leg curl 15-30 RP 68kg x 14/8/4/26
                              o Stretch 40kgx60sec
                              • Front Squats 4-8 SS 120kgx8
                              • WM Leg press Close and low stance 20 SS 340kgx20
                              o Stretch 60 sec

Another good workout. I was surprised that I really liked doing the front squat. I ended up doing a lot of warm-ups to try and find a good weight. I am now really pumped about getting them up to 4 plates (new goal). The forearm wasn't bothering me today so let's see what a bit of rest can do. I only think it's the pressing and squatting that bothers it so I'm trying to alter my grip on those things to not fold my arm too much as this seems to aggravate it. Squats are now wide grip and pressing has become a tad wider than before. Minor changes but it seem to work. Now I'm going to spend the day writing my thesis for school so I can get it done. Have a good day guys!

Comment

• Henke_prytz
                                Lightweight Member
                                • Nov 2016

Maybe elbow wraps? Or are they sleeves? Deep tissue massage and a better mental awareness of exercise technique.
                                I have tried using sleeves and I did so in my last blast but this seemed to make it even worse. I think it was because there was so much fabric in the crease of my elbow. It's not a big deal but it does bother me from time to time. I'm just going to have to keep modifying the way I do my exercises and try and find ones that don't bother it. I will however try and get the wife to give me a massage and I'll tell her that Andy told me she had to

Comment

Working...