• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlito Gambino
    Lightweight Member
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by RedSkull
    Personal use is legal in the UK...
    I know that, but he travels overseas a lot. I wasn't really talking about the legal aspect, more about how naive people will complain that BBers shouldn't talk about roids openly because it's bad for the kids or whatever other shitty excuses they'll come up with.
    Any semi serious lifter should know how things work by now.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

• homonunculus
      Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
      Admin
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24
      I don't get the point of arguing over who uses what, or even caring for that matter. If Dorian used more or less, what does say for you?...nothing. Kinda seems like a pointless debate to me. Accept your situation, do what you gotta do, don't worry about anyone else, accept responsibility for yourself and your actions, & move on. Oh well
      There is certainly some ego-based rejection of the notion that we each have our own personal, genetically-imposed limits as far as bodybuilding (and that Dorian was gifted in some way in that department), but his drug use is factual knowledge about the ingredients in creating one of the most impressive physiques of all time.

If, for instance, it somehow became absolute 100% proven and common knowledge that you couldn't ever possibly get a top ten national level pro-qualifying physique in the NPC without using 5+g of gear / week, some guys would stop trying.

Dorian's cycle, if you believe it, which some of these guys just can't bring themselves to do for whichever reason, gives a tremendous perspective on the entire picture. Without knowing the drug piece, the pie chart of what made up his physique is missing a large part and the relative contribution of training, diet and non-pharmaceutical (or at least non-AAS and peptide hormone) supplementation is *unknown*. Knowing "everything" means you can roughly extrapolate contribution of the parts of Dorian's physique that were not due to his hard work, diligent diet, choice of supplements, etc, i.e., his genetic response to all those things AND drugs.

I feel like the above is pretty obvious, but his is a charged point as you can see if you read MD.com. KB, you're right - there's nothing you can do about it per se, except use this information to further your perspective. And perspective can affect many of the decisions we make and what we see as realistic. For the guys who are wanting to be as huge as humanly possible - Dorian size in his peak - to know that they've got all the controllable pieces in place, including drugs, and still pale in comparison is a big gulp to swallow. It's easier to believe that Dorian had an advantage (used more drugs) that to face that such a prime, driving ambition to be a monster among men could possibly be an impossibility. In essence, for some of these guys, accepting that would be like saying that they simply CAN'T be what they want to be, when for years they have externalized an ambition in bodybuilding terms that is very much the opposite of that: Bodybuilding is about literally physically becoming something that you currently are not.

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

• Andre Gregoire
        Intense Muscle Competitor
        • May 2004

Originally posted by homonunculus
        There is certainly some ego-based rejection of the notion that we each have our own personal, genetically-imposed limits as far as bodybuilding (and that Dorian was gifted in some way in that department), but his drug use is factual knowledge about the ingredients in creating one of the most impressive physiques of all time.

If, for instance, it somehow became absolute 100% proven and common knowledge that you couldn't ever possibly get a top ten national level pro-qualifying physique in the NPC without using 5+g of gear / week, some guys would stop trying.

Dorian's cycle, if you believe it, which some of these guys just can't bring themselves to do for whichever reason, gives a tremendous perspective on the entire picture. Without knowing the drug piece, the pie chart of what made up his physique is missing a large part and the relative contribution of training, diet and non-pharmaceutical (or at least non-AAS and peptide hormone) supplementation is *unknown*. Knowing "everything" means you can roughly extrapolate contribution of the parts of Dorian's physique that were not due to his hard work, diligent diet, choice of supplements, etc, i.e., his genetic response to all those things AND drugs.

I feel like the above is pretty obvious, but his is a charged point as you can see if you read MD.com. KB, you're right - there's nothing you can do about it per se, except use this information to further your perspective. And perspective can affect many of the decisions we make and what we see as realistic. For the guys who are wanting to be as huge as humanly possible - Dorian size in his peak - to know that they've got all the controllable pieces in place, including drugs, and still pale in comparison is a big gulp to swallow. It's easier to believe that Dorian had an advantage (used more drugs) that to face that such a prime, driving ambition to be a monster among men could possibly be an impossibility. In essence, for some of these guys, accepting that would be like saying that they simply CAN'T be what they want to be, when for years they have externalized an ambition in bodybuilding terms that is very much the opposite of that: Bodybuilding is about literally physically becoming something that you currently are not.

-S
        Great post. Bring on the kettle-bells and crossfit.
        If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
        http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
        2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
        2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

• Steedee
          • Feb 2011

I heard it from a well respected person in the UK who knows Dorian personally that he never used above 750mg test per week and thats exactly what that article says.

The thing most people cant get their heads round is the fact that if you have outstanding genetics that respond easily to training and nutrition then even a sniff of gear will work wonders.

Comment

• Sammich
            Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625
            • Nov 2005

I am going on this stack immediately because then I'll look like Dorian.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

• Steedee
              • Feb 2011

Jeez I just breezed through that lot. My my so many haters and people that are so quick to abuse.

Would love to see some of these keyboard warriors face to face lol

Comment

• RedSkull
                TEAMSKIP.net web designer
                • Jul 2006

It is funny how excited people get over it in that thread. Maybe Dorian was trolling and enjoying the response it got.
                PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                  Judge, Jury and Executioner
                  Admin
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Steedee
                  Jeez I just breezed through that lot. My my so many haters and people that are so quick to abuse.

Would love to see some of these keyboard warriors face to face lol
                  That's why I won't even bother to check the thread. You can't argue with these people. They will argue with you until their very last breath and, yet, have no knowledge of what people are really doing. Though entertaining, it becomes a massive waist of time.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Steedee
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill
                    That's why I won't even bother to check the thread. You can't argue with these people. They will argue with you until their very last breath and, yet, have no knowledge of what people are really doing. Though entertaining, it becomes a massive waist of time.

Skip

Seriously Skip, I found myself getting more wound up as I was reading. Its so true what you say and to be honest probably best to stay off them.

Glad I dont post on those mainstream sites I would be finding myself hunting people lol

Comment

• pastorpump
                      IFBB Pro/Roundtable Expert
                      • Jul 2007

Thats why I stay here. I deal with enough brain dead people every day to go online to argue with more. Arguing with a fool is being foolish. Lazy people just don't want to understand. There always has to be a secret potion or oil that makes other what they are.
                      Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill

Skip
                      Carlos Rodriguez
                      IFBB Pro League BBer
                      IFBB Pro League Judge
                      NPC National Judge
                      As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
                      www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

• SweatMachine
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2004

its always the twinks that call the pros liers.
                        SweatMachine
                        (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Working...